China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

If 40 odd million started taking aspirin would there be reactions from people that had never taken it before? Or would it be grand?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

HiMucker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 12, 2021, 02:15:46 PM
If 40 odd million started taking aspirin would there be reactions from people that had never taken it before? Or would it be grand?
I think the aspirin would have a sore head if some of the people on here took it

Taylor

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 12, 2021, 01:40:52 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 12, 2021, 01:21:46 PM
I'm comfortable with people not being forced to take the vaccine provided the refusers accept they give up the right to access cinemas, pubs, concert venues, holidays etc.

Basically pin the yellow star on them then?

This type of thinking is insane. You are saying you want to isolate people from society, who won't take an experimental vaccine, as is their right for something, they most likely will never even get anyway?

I can't for the life of me understand, after this last year and whatever. Demanding people are excluded from society, for the potential spread of something they may not even have, let alone know they have when you will be protected from serious illness anyway due to having the privilege of being vaccinated.

While we are it, might as well carpet bomb the Africans.

GOTB have you ever or would you be happy enough to get a vaccine to visit certain countries?

You have to get jabs to visit certain countries (pre Covid) - if you dont want the jab dont visit that place.

Can you see something similar or are you talking about purely domestic venues?

trailer

Open question to those against vaccine passports for pubs etc, are you against it because you don't want to get the vaccine or is it because it's the state intervening?

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on April 12, 2021, 02:43:22 PM
Open question to those against vaccine passports for pubs etc, are you against it because you don't want to get the vaccine or is it because it's the state intervening?
State intervening. I'll take the vaccine.

trueblue1234

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 12, 2021, 02:05:30 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 12, 2021, 01:57:05 PM
I'm comfortable with people not being forced to take the vaccine provided the refusers accept they give up the right to access cinemas, pubs, concert venues, holidays etc.

This type of thinking is insane. You are saying you want to isolate people from society, who won't take an experimental vaccine, as is their right for something, they most likely will never even get anyway?

I can't for the life of me understand, after this last year and whatever. Demanding people are excluded from society, for the potential spread of something they may not even have, let alone know they have when you will be protected from serious illness anyway due to having the privilege of being vaccinated.

The other side is that people who aren't taking the jab and are happy to sit back and let others in society take the risk but still want to reap all the benefits. The reality is that if everyone thought like this Covid would be here to stay for a long time.
I don't believe in forcing someone to take the jab. But I do believe those healthy people who don't are selfish and not prepared to help society.
If not an experimental jab btw. It's approved.

It's approved with no liability. I would call that experimental, but a form of words. Either or.

Experimental perhaps slights it that I am anti vaxx, of course I am not. I will be getting it when my turn allows. I have detested this way of living for over a year now.

If someone doesn't want to take it, what can we do? You cannot toss them into some kind of underground world - go live on the outskirts of town, not allowed in stuff. It's the same as smoking, everyone knows it kills, but it's their choice if they put that shite in their lungs. All we can do is hope not to get a bit of 2nd hand stuff on the streets. Obviously a bit of a stretch, but you get the idea regarding freedom of choice. Covid might kill quicker than smoking, but both still kill.

What do we do with u18s? They make up about a quarter of each countries populations, will they ever get vaccinated? What about the pregnant? Those that medically can't take the vaccine?
It's not experimental, in that it has been passed through the regulatory process. It has been through trials.

If there's a health reason why you shouldn't then I don't think anyone has an issue with that. However if you are fit, healthy and offered a vaccine but decide not to then imo it's selfish.
The reality is that international travel will most likely require a covid passport. I have no issue with that. If the government decide that other local restrictions are required as well, then again I have no issue with that either. Tough decision have been made to be made to prevent the spread of covid.
The reality is that, especially with the data coming out of how a vaccine can also reduce the spread as well as the severity of the illness, those not taking a vaccine are putting more risk on everyone else. That sits no easier with me than a vaccine passport to be honest. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Hound

Very few people (though not none) who take the vaccine will be against the vaccine passport, though there will be people who say the only reason they are against vaccine passports is state intervention.

Seems very odd that the vaccine doesn't give an exemption from quarantining. I'm all for travel quarantining, and I think it should be worldwide, but I've a mate in the US in his 40s who has just got his second vaccine dose and wants to come home in June and see his folks (who will be getting their second shot in the next week or so). Under the rules at the moment he'd have to quarantine for 2 weeks on arrival - that makes no sense to me! 

trueblue1234

Quote from: Hound on April 12, 2021, 03:31:53 PM
Very few people (though not none) who take the vaccine will be against the vaccine passport, though there will be people who say the only reason they are against vaccine passports is state intervention.

Seems very odd that the vaccine doesn't give an exemption from quarantining. I'm all for travel quarantining, and I think it should be worldwide, but I've a mate in the US in his 40s who has just got his second vaccine dose and wants to come home in June and see his folks (who will be getting their second shot in the next week or so). Under the rules at the moment he'd have to quarantine for 2 weeks on arrival - that makes no sense to me!
I think these sort of things will be sorted in the long run. It makes no sense as you say, but they've been 1 step behind in all things Covid if you ask me. And it nearly takes something like this to be raised for it to be addressed rather than some strategic thinking and planning. Once international travel comes to the fore again I'd imagine a much more structured process would be put in place and issues like this will be ironed out.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Taylor on April 12, 2021, 02:36:24 PM

GOTB have you ever or would you be happy enough to get a vaccine to visit certain countries?

You have to get jabs to visit certain countries (pre Covid) - if you dont want the jab dont visit that place.

I have got a vaccine to travel before, I've no problem with that - I expect it to be a feature of life going forward. Countries have the right to protect themselves from all threats don't they?

As I say, I will get the vaccine myself.

I am talking purely domestic. The ideas here of people being banned from doing X,Y,Z because they don't get the vaccine doesn't sit easy with me. Especially since basically everyone is getting it anyway.

I don't think people should be hammered for what they believe in, might be in fear of...etc. What's next? I just think it's a very slippery slope legislatively and not one we should be encouraging.

I mean we are talking about something 99% survive, everything we were ever told was to save the Health Services....the Govt never cared if you had Covid and could ride it out at home, so why the rush now to have every single person, in a venue, with likely 99% vaccinated knowing who the 1% is, or even worse, the 1% excluded from society.

Covid killed 1% of the people infected, we have brought life as we know it an utter standstill.

Now we are happy to exclude 1% (or more) because they may be in fear / don't want to take a risk?

It doesn't make sense.

trueblue1234

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 12, 2021, 04:17:20 PM
Quote from: Taylor on April 12, 2021, 02:36:24 PM

I have got a vaccine to travel before, I've no problem with that - I expect it to be a feature of life going forward. Countries have the right to protect themselves from all threats don't they?

As I say, I will get the vaccine myself.

I am talking purely domestic. The ideas here of people being banned from doing X,Y,Z because they don't get the vaccine doesn't sit easy with me. Especially since basically everyone is getting it anyway.

I don't think people should be hammered for what they believe in, might be in fear of...etc. What's next? I just think it's a very slippery slope legislatively and not one we should be encouraging.

I mean we are talking about something 99% survive, everything we were ever told was to save the Health Services....the Govt never cared if you had Covid and could ride it out at home, so why the rush now to have every single person, in a venue, with likely 99% vaccinated knowing who the 1% is, or even worse, the 1% excluded from society.

Covid killed 1% of the people infected, we have brought life as we know it an utter standstill.

Now we are happy to exclude 1% (or more) because they may be in fear / don't want to take a risk?

It doesn't make sense.

Firstly you are playing down Covid. 1% is a huge amount if enough people are infected as we have seen. The issue with Covid was how infectious it is, how quickly it spread. That shouldn't need to be repeated.

You are removing any responsibility for the people who don't want to get the vaccine. I don't know anyone who was thinking, "this is great another vaccine for us". But you know what, people will get it to get back to a life somewhat similar to what we had previously. If enough people decided not to get it then the vaccine program doesn't work. So if a vaccine passport scheme incentivises this then so be it. 

BennyCake

The other side is that people who aren't taking the jab and are happy to sit back and let others in society take the risk but still want to reap all the benefits. The reality is that if everyone thought like this Covid would be here to stay for a long time.
I don't believe in forcing someone to take the jab. But I do believe those healthy people who don't are selfish and not prepared to help society.

Aye, and what did governments do to help me, you and the rest of society? F**ked about, letting thousands in and out early days, and the virus out of control. Thousands of needless deaths, everyone of them, the blame lies at politicians doors.

There should be no need for any of us to take this vaccine because the virus should, have been kept out. NZ and Australia have it under control, as well as lots of other island nations. New Zealander's are able to live their lives because their leaders did the right things.  But because the useless w**kers on this island f**ked about, now it's all up to everyone of us to do what's right for society? You can f**k right off.

Milltown Row2

So they won't be getting the vaccine in New Zealand or Australia? News to me

The governments worldwide bar those two did the same thing. They didn't take it seriously at the start and let it rip with the likes of Cheltenham football and rugby, kept flights open and so on.

Old news it's happened and as you say countless deaths, now the only positive spin from this is the roll out of the vaccine, which may bring this under manageable control regarding deaths and hospital admissions.

But you'd rather not take the vaccine and invent a time machine and go back and stop it leaving China?

Or get the vaccine and have the economy open up?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Quote from: BennyCake on April 12, 2021, 05:47:29 PM

Aye, and what did governments do to help me, you and the rest of society? F**ked about, letting thousands in and out early days, and the virus out of control. Thousands of needless deaths, everyone of them, the blame lies at politicians doors.

There should be no need for any of us to take this vaccine because the virus should, have been kept out. NZ and Australia have it under control, as well as lots of other island nations. New Zealander's are able to live their lives because their leaders did the right things.  But because the useless w**kers on this island f**ked about, now it's all up to everyone of us to do what's right for society? You can f**k right off.

You do know they are also vaccinating in those countries as well benny?

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyCake on April 12, 2021, 05:47:29 PM

Couple of things. Firstly you'll get no argument from me about how badly the politicians dealt with Covid. None whatsoever.
Are you under the illusion that Australia arent trying to vaccine people? They are getting abuse about how slowly they are doing it. How they have contained it up to now (and they have shown us how it should be done) doesn't impact the fact that they are still vaccinating. They know that is the long term solution.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: clarshack on April 12, 2021, 01:45:14 PM

So you're happy to discriminate against people who won't take a dodgy as fcuk jab? Wow.
Maybe you should read a history book or 2.
Yes. Some pubs and clubs used to discriminate against people who wore trainers or a soccer jersey. If you wanted in you didnt wear trainers or a Celtic jersey. All very simple stuff imo. If you want access, you follow the house rules. If you don't you sit in the house or chance your arm elsewhere.