Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outinfront

Think the fixtures that aren't affected will go ahead.

imagine

Mourne man

It's in relation to our friend from Monaghan who keeps trying to get the insight into our minors!

imagine

Quote from: Mourne man on May 11, 2016, 11:43:38 AM
It's in relation to our friend from Monaghan who keeps trying to get the insight into our minors!
got you now-thanks. He must have a son on their team

rosskarr

Quote from: downup on May 11, 2016, 10:26:38 AM
Clubs got official notification last night. Apparently a few clubs were giving out about the starred games even though it was in the fixture list from the start. So they have pulled games this Friday and starred next Friday's games as county are playing a challenge game.
Absolute joke that these fixtures were to be starred without talking to the Clubs.

Gaffer

Quote from: rosskarr on May 11, 2016, 03:15:36 PM
Clubs got official notification last night. Apparently a few clubs were giving out about the starred games even though it was in the fixture list from the start. So they have pulled games this Friday and starred next Friday's games as county are playing a challenge game.
Absolute joke that these fixtures were to be starred without talking to the Clubs.

The clubs were spoken to at length about fixtures!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Gaffer

Quote from: rosskarr on May 11, 2016, 06:38:20 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on May 11, 2016, 04:25:35 PM

You are wrong on this point. It's only in the last few weeks that Clubs have realized the Fixtures
were to be starred this Friday.

If some clubs had bothered to turn up at the arranged meeting at beginning of April they would have been better informed!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

the goal was on

Who are seniors playing? Be interesting to see personnel on show and level of opposition they are playing against

rosskarr

Quote from: Gaffer on May 11, 2016, 09:52:44 PM

You are wrong on this point. It's only in the last few weeks that Clubs have realized the Fixtures

If some clubs had bothered to turn up at the arranged meeting at beginning of April they would have been better informed!
i think you're on the wrong County message board here.

downup

Rosskarr you are obviously pushing at something here. All clubs were notified of fixtures (including starred games) well in advance of the league even beginning. To suggest they were only starred a few weeks ago is completely inaccurate. The county go on a training weekend every year before championship, as does every county, which was pencilled in before the fixtures were announced and you hardly expect county players to play on the Friday night of that weekend so its either scrap the fixture or star it. I don't think clubs have been treated to badly this year in respect of access to their county players in the league. At the end of May we will be almost half way through the league and Friday week will be the first starred fixture that's going ahead. For clubs to start complaining at this stage is a bit ridiculous. They get rid of county managers on a whim and complain that county isn't good enough and then when county try and prepare for championship they throw the dummies out again.

Brick Tamlin

I wouldn't be too bothered either way.
Clubs wont have to wait too long til the players are all back playin with them this summer.
Unless they bugger off the US.

ardtole

I fancy us to beat monaghan, we improved as the league went on, expectations are low, there is usually at least one shock in ulster. Maybe im clutching at straws or the annual championship optimism is slowly kicking in.

charlieTully

Quote from: rosskarr on May 11, 2016, 11:39:16 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on May 11, 2016, 09:52:44 PM

i think you're on the wrong County message board here.

maybe the gaffer has moved to our beloved county?

Downgaa88

Quote from: ardtole on May 12, 2016, 11:21:27 AM
I fancy us to beat monaghan, we improved as the league went on, expectations are low, there is usually at least one shock in ulster. Maybe im clutching at straws or the annual championship optimism is slowly kicking in.

I am on the same boat as yourself ardtole. I have a feeling we may come away with something from this game, whether it will be a win or if the boys give a good account of themselves I am unsure but I don't think the summer will be short as most people expect!

wobbller

Quote from: Downgaa88 on May 12, 2016, 03:53:55 PM
Quote from: ardtole on May 12, 2016, 11:21:27 AM

I am on the same boat as yourself ardtole. I have a feeling we may come away with something from this game, whether it will be a win or if the boys give a good account of themselves I am unsure but I don't think the summer will be short as most people expect!
You pair have been in the sun too long.Bookies have us at 3/1 and Monaghan 2/7