Darragh O Se to retire

Started by magickingdom, February 17, 2010, 10:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 17, 2010, 07:57:50 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on February 17, 2010, 07:30:46 PM
A great player, great athlete and will be sorely missed in the green and gold,  but a poor mans Anthony Tohill never the less.

;D ;D oh jaysus here we go!!
[/quote

I was going to say a poor mans Paul Mc Grane
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

muscles magoo

A player I always liked. A decent grafter.

AZOffaly

Fair play to the big man. He had a great innings with the Kingdom and deserves his elevated status in the game, and I think the fact that he is getting a lot of praise on this board says a lot, given the usual stirring and ball hopping that goes on here.

He's another that never really courted the media, but he always came across well when interviewed, never really bitched about losing and gave credit to teams who beat his Kerry team.

Above all that, he showed the patience of Job, and the restraint of a Saint when he didn't take Pat Kenny for an aeriel tour of Montrose when he was trying to get a reaction by showing him the Dooher photo that time.

Maith thu Darragh.

Donnellys Hollow

A truly great player

One of the last of a dying breed - An fear láidir

Thanks for the memories Darragh
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

longrunsthefox

A massive player and great career. Was surprised to hear he was only awarded three All Stars. Always gave his all against Tyrone in the championship... it wasn't enough but he gave everything  8) 

comethekingdom

Fair play to Darragh - a true legend of the game. How many tyrone players are there with 6 AI senior medals ? Hmmmmmm - let me see ......................?

AZOffaly

Quote from: comethekingdom on February 17, 2010, 09:21:10 PM
Fair play to Darragh - a true legend of the game. How many tyrone players are there with 6 AI senior medals ? Hmmmmmm - let me see ......................?

Dooher and McMenamin?

lawnseed

2 under 21 all Ireland's as well lads. some man for one man. mike McCarthy's pulling the plug as well according to rte radio at lunchtime. alot of the new lads don't seem to be blessed with darraghs physique transition beckons. did darragh play for ireland in compromise rules? i think he did seem to remember him with the coke jersey on???
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

trileacman

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 17, 2010, 09:01:22 PM
One of the last of a dying breed - An fear láidir
My thoughts exactly. To be fair, given the direction of the game in the modern era we may never see another.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Aaron Boone

Quote from: blanketattack on February 17, 2010, 04:42:50 PM
6 Senior All-Ireland medals, 4 League medals, 9 Munster C'ship medals.
Played in 15 All-Ireland semi-finals.
That's some going.
Best of luck in retirement. I've spent hundreds of hours watching him in the green and gold. The privilege was all mine.

Is that all senior level?

longrunsthefox

Quote from: comethekingdom on February 17, 2010, 09:21:10 PM

Just winding you man. It would be churlish not to acknowledge Darragh's career and of course he is an all time great. It is surprisng though he just got three All Stars. He deserved far more. 

mouview

An outstanding player, probably as good as Kevin Walsh in his prime.

Mike Sheehy

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: muscles magoo on February 17, 2010, 08:40:36 PM
A player I always liked. A decent grafter.

Tidy dig Muscles. Nice one.  ;)

BallyhaiseMan

One of the greatest players in the history of the game,He had every conceiveable skill a midfielder could need,terrific engine,a very good ball carrier,good score taker,terrific strength,not to mention alongside Tohill,IMO the best exponent of the high catch in the modern era.
It will be a strange sight seeing Kerry this year without Darragh as alot of us have grown up watching him give exhibition after exhibition in Croker.