Setanta Sports

Started by Will Hunting, January 30, 2007, 05:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Hunting

Have many of you subscribed to Setanta Sports TV channel? I was thinking of getting it in with the new football season about to start. I know they are showing a few live NFL games - was just wondering if its worth the £11 a month.

AZOffaly

Hi Will,

I subscribed to Setanta 'by default' because I had already been subscribed to NASN and Setanta took them over. To be honest I find the Setanta package excellent. I love the American sports on NASN, and the Soccer, Rugby and of course GAA on Setanta is brilliant. I also like the way they cover club matches, schools matches and other things that RTE wouldn't touch with a barge pole. There's also interesting dicussion shows like the GAA show etc.

All in all, as I've said before, I couldn't be without Setanta now.

I have no affiliation with Setanta by the way :D

whatever

i think they have got the rights to the Saturday night games

clarshack

are pubs allowed to show the tyrone v dublin game on setanta sports ireland?

Heshs Umpire

I find it worth the money.
You also get Celtic TV (and Rangers TV :D).
And Racing UK.
A good mix.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Rossie11

I am with NTL and get 1 channel. How much is the add-on for rest of the package?

rosnarun

I subscribe on Chorus and just get the setanta Ireland channel its pretty good but poor value compared to getting it on SKY where you get 7 channels for the same price including all the amercan Golf.
BTW any one know who is showing the Rugby world cup . I believe RTE havent got the Rights
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

AZOffaly

Dunno about NTL, but fo €15 a month on Sky Digital I get
NASN
Setanta Ireland
Setanta 1
Setanta 2
Racing World
Racing UK
Setanta Golf
Celtic TV
Rangers TV

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

No, I think that's only on NTL or something as part of the Setanta Sports pack. Not that I'd be bothered my arse watching it of course :)

I wonder how long before Liverpool TV comes on air, after whomever takes them over.

whatever

Quote from: Rossie11 on January 31, 2007, 10:09:04 AM
I am with NTL and get 1 channel. How much is the add-on for rest of the package?

think it is 8e a month extra to get the full pack

ziggysego

Can you pay to watch the Tyrone -v- Dublin game only, on Setanta's Broadband site? Can't afford the channels for the full year.
Testing Accessibility

Gabriel_Hurl

you have to pay for the month Ziggy

Rossie11

QuoteBTW any one know who is showing the Rugby world cup . I believe RTE havent got the Rights
Setanta have the rugby world cup but as far as I know TV3 have invested 150m into Setanta so they are going to be allowed show the Ireland games

glens73

Does anyone else think that Mal Keaveney who was presenting The GAA Show on Setanta Ireland last night is Ronnie Corbett's love child!