Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 29, 2023, 03:25:16 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 29, 2023, 03:16:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 29, 2023, 02:59:57 PMThink all the games will be a lot closer this weekend than expected. Heading down to watch this game tonight,
should be (hopefully) a humdinger

The games do tend to tighten up at this stage of the competition, lots on the line.
The weather hasnt been kind this week so expect pitches to be heavy and the ball not to travel, lots of rucks and crowding. Don't expect to see much open expansive hurling.

Which for the neutral looking a physical game is grand lol!

But yes I'm personally hoping the pitches aint as heavy as predicted for Saturday though were I'm at its the flippig flies that will be annoying me more!

Thought the blue/green algae was killing the midgies?

barnish oggie

Quote from: johnnycool on September 29, 2023, 03:47:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 29, 2023, 03:25:16 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 29, 2023, 03:16:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 29, 2023, 02:59:57 PMThink all the games will be a lot closer this weekend than expected. Heading down to watch this game tonight,
should be (hopefully) a humdinger

The games do tend to tighten up at this stage of the competition, lots on the line.
The weather hasnt been kind this week so expect pitches to be heavy and the ball not to travel, lots of rucks and crowding. Don't expect to see much open expansive hurling.

Which for the neutral looking a physical game is grand lol!

But yes I'm personally hoping the pitches aint as heavy as predicted for Saturday though were I'm at its the flippig flies that will be annoying me more!

Thought the blue/green algae was killing the midgies?

If there is one place they will never die off it is Glenravel!

You would need to light a fire at all 4 corners of the pitch to have any chance of getting out bite free.

Usually there is just one at the scoreboard but maybe not in this weather.....

imtommygunn

That should be an interesting one for you guys tonight Barnish Ogie. Would you maybe be favourites?

Could be a shootout between Sean Duffin and Niall McKenna based on any reports you would read.

Saffrongael

Extra time in the Sarsfields v Tir Na Nog game
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 28, 2023, 08:46:36 AM
Quote from: whatwillbwillb on September 28, 2023, 06:46:17 AMHow is CC refn a semi final when his own club is in the other semi final?

Is that a thing? What benefit would it bring? Talk me through it?

He'll not get too many finals for a while, he's one of if not the best hurling ref we have, certainly the fittest and you are questioning his integrity? Based on?

Plainly he shouldn't be put in that situation, he and his team can't win . No one is questioning what he has achieved or if his experience is far beyond any other ref in the county or what type of individual he is.
He and his team are now in a situation where they may be forced to think twice in a split second whether right or wrong if a contentious decision/call is made. They are only human, so imo its not fair on him or what he and  has team have achieved in their career to date, one decision could bring a torrent of negative comments especially from the media citing that his own club are in the other semi final etc etc, media being media never letting the reality get in the way of a good headline!  Why put him and his officials into a situation than can easily be avoided? 

Milltown Row2

So why a in semi final should the media give a thought about it? Surely if he refs a game at the start it 'could' have a bearing on his how a team progress?

Paranoid people will always look for a scapegoat, if you want paranoid people to decide who gets to ref games then you'll let them win.

You are the only one who's made a deal of it.

For example, if I gave a certain team a 1000 decisions in a game and 1 against I'd be called a cheat and lots of other remarks..

Some people are and always will be dicks.

We want the best ref's doing the games. Otherwise what's the point?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

antrimman667

Are the matches this weekend ticket only or can you pay with cash?

imtommygunn

I thought all the games were ticket only now?

Saffrongael

Creggan beating Cushendun is a minor shock
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2023, 08:26:13 AMSo why a in semi final should the media give a thought about it? Surely if he refs a game at the start it 'could' have a bearing on his how a team progress?

Paranoid people will always look for a scapegoat, if you want paranoid people to decide who gets to ref games then you'll let them win.

For example, if I gave a certain team a 1000 decisions in a game and 1 against I'd be called a cheat and lots of other remarks..

You directing that at me or is it a generalisation?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on September 30, 2023, 03:55:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2023, 08:26:13 AMSo why a in semi final should the media give a thought about it? Surely if he refs a game at the start it 'could' have a bearing on his how a team progress?

You directing that at me or is it a generalisation?

Just in general, people will look for scapegoats. There's not one ref looking to do a bad turn. There will be mistakes here and there. But blatantly calling something controversial is certainly not in his locker..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

That's a good result for creggan. Them and sarsfields probably an unexpected final pairing.

Looked easy enough for cushendall. Looks to be a big enough gap between them, dunloy and the rest. Whether loughgiel are up there or not I guess we will see tomorrow.

Jonkunlon

Intermediate semis could have gone either way. I'd say both teams that lost were likely very slight favourites with the bookies. Could make for an excellent final.

Junior semis went to plan with no surprises. Junior B final likewise.

Cushendall won handy. Step too far for Ballycastle who I'd imagine will be content with their season.

Can't see a surprise tomorrow. Loughgiel are poor at this stage of their development.

Milltown Row2

From a personal viewpoint on todays game, the weather heavy pitch and difference in physicality played into Creggan's hands.

The actual better hurlers were Cushendun but a penalty and dropping a ball into the net won't help a team.

The final is a 50/50