GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

John Horan

The 2021 inter-county season will start at a later date than the customary January, though details won't be ironed out until later in the year.

"We are looking at our plans for next year at the moment. I can assure everybody that we will not be starting back at the end of January as is the norm, but it would be our intention to come out with a programme later on in the year."

larryin89

Can inter county last for years without crowds ? I would of thought not .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Would HAVE >:(
The public purse (26 Cos) will have to come to the rescue for 1 more year I suppose.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thewobbler

Unless I've been drinking too much again, there is no way on earth that it costs £15m to stage the AI Championships. Football is only 31 games, the vast majority of them local derbies.

My back of a cigarette pack figures are that tv money would easily cover the costs of putting on these games without spectators.

—-

So the grant money isn't to run the championships.

Instead it's to replace the shortfall in profits that the GAA generates from the championship and then redistributes around the association.

—-

While turkeys don't vote for Christmas, do expect a pile of redundancies, a pro-rata reduction in GPA funding, a pause on international funding, and the cessation of marketing and technology initiatives in 2021. Oh and that casement gets stalled for the foreseeable.

But the championship won't be affected. Only a truly crazy bastard would close the shop window when it's allowed to be open.

Rossfan

Isn't the €15m to go to Football, hurling, ladies football and Camogie a lot of which will go on players expenses from 14th September.
Co Boards have no income to pay those this year.

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on November 02, 2020, 07:22:55 PM
Isn't the €15m to go to Football, hurling, ladies football and Camogie a lot of which will go on players expenses from 14th September.
Co Boards have no income to pay those this year.

This is the crux of my point , how can county teams be funded with no crowds , limited fundraising, no season tickets , etc etc . govt money won't come in year after year as we head into serious poverty issues and quite frankly I wouldn't agree they should . Some very harsh times ahead , extremely depressing times
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on November 01, 2020, 08:10:13 AM
258 people at the Clare v Limerick game in Ennis last week. GAA claim they were all essential. They really are doing themselves no favours

TBF.

What harm is 200 people spread out in a 15k stadium in the outdoors with a lot wearing masks?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

restorepride

Quote from: Angelo on November 02, 2020, 10:23:27 PM
258 people at the Clare v Limerick game in Ennis last week. GAA claim they were all essential. They really are doing themselves no favours

TBF.

What harm is 200 people spread out in a 15k stadium in the outdoors with a lot wearing masks?
Very little if they travelled in 200 cars.

Blowitupref

Quote from: thewobbler on November 02, 2020, 06:44:09 PM
Unless I've been drinking too much again, there is no way on earth that it costs £15m to stage the AI Championships. Football is only 31 games, the vast majority of them local derbies.

My back of a cigarette pack figures are that tv money would easily cover the costs of putting on these games without spectators.

—-

So the grant money isn't to run the championships.

Instead it's to replace the shortfall in profits that the GAA generates from the championship and then redistributes around the association.

—-

While turkeys don't vote for Christmas, do expect a pile of redundancies, a pro-rata reduction in GPA funding, a pause on international funding, and the cessation of marketing and technology initiatives in 2021. Oh and that casement gets stalled for the foreseeable.

But the championship won't be affected. Only a truly crazy bastard would close the shop window when it's allowed to be open.

Gate Receipts for the football and hurling All Ireland championships last year was close to 29 million.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Did that figure include the Provincials?
Connacht would have grossed around €1.25m this year and no doubt also get a share of the media and sponsorship €.
Then there's the losses suffered by the 32 County Boards on their Club Chamoionships e.g Galway c€1m.

The extra €15.795m announced yesterday -
€9m GAA (HQ presumably)
€5m Clubs - every club to get a few € ?
€1m LGFA
€ 795k Camogie

Baile Brigín 2

TBF.

None. But if 258 were there the GAA are still playing fast and loose despite all that came before

imtommygunn

Seven cases in the sligo squad.

twohands!!!

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 03, 2020, 12:15:22 PM
Seven cases in the sligo squad.

There were also a few more who were awaiting tests back according to the Sligo GAA statement.

There were also more who were deemed close contacts.

QuoteSligo GAA wish to confirm that a number of members of the Sligo football panel have unfortunately returned a positive Covid-19 test.

The players in question are currently in isolation and following HSE guideline as are a number of close contacts.

The players are doing well. A number of the squad are currently awaiting further test results.

Sligo GAA are currently liaising with GAA officials at Croke Park and Connacht GAA.

http://sligogaa.ie/ArticleDetail.aspx?articleid=39688

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 03, 2020, 12:04:19 PM

TBF.

None. But if 258 were there the GAA are still playing fast and loose despite all that came before

Fast and loose in a 15k stadium!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea