China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: Evil Genius on April 07, 2021, 04:25:56 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on April 07, 2021, 03:40:18 PM
Got my AZ vaccination today there with a local Pharmacy. Interesting that he took the time to tell me it will be uploaded to my GP system / NHS number and will undoubtedly form part of the Passporting system that is coming.
It has to be recorded by the NHS, to see that no-one is being left out, and call people for their second jab etc.

But it is a hell of a long way from merely updating existing NHS attendance records, to rolling out a nationwide Passport scheme - even if the political will for one exists (not certain).

Unless, of course, your Pharmacist has some sort of hotline to No.10 that the rest of us don't know about?
Political will? It's being discussed day & daily. A certainty for International travel and highly likely for sporting events etc.. in the UK in the near future ???

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: bennydorano on April 07, 2021, 05:05:42 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on April 07, 2021, 04:25:56 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on April 07, 2021, 03:40:18 PM
Got my AZ vaccination today there with a local Pharmacy. Interesting that he took the time to tell me it will be uploaded to my GP system / NHS number and will undoubtedly form part of the Passporting system that is coming.
It has to be recorded by the NHS, to see that no-one is being left out, and call people for their second jab etc.

But it is a hell of a long way from merely updating existing NHS attendance records, to rolling out a nationwide Passport scheme - even if the political will for one exists (not certain).

Unless, of course, your Pharmacist has some sort of hotline to No.10 that the rest of us don't know about?
Political will? It's being discussed day & daily. A certainty for International travel and highly likely for sporting events etc.. in the UK in the near future ???

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-labour-and-snp-withold-support-for-boris-johnsons-confusing-coronavirus-passports-plan-12268408

On top of what would certainly be a Tory rebellion.

It's not so open and closed.

Wildweasel74

As far as I remember, late 80's lol, you had to get the booster at school, no exceptions, remember an odd girl passing out. Length of needles bck then was lethal.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Taylor on April 07, 2021, 04:41:33 PM
There is lots of debate about domestic vaccine passports & the rights and wrongs of it.

I can see how some people say it will infringe on their rights and being able to live a normalish life and thats a fair point which will be heavily scrutinised.

Nah, they can fuk off with their rights.

The sensible have a right not to be in danger of infection from mutated variants that developed in unvaccinated idiots.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 07, 2021, 02:43:10 PM
That would be fair enough in that respect, I meant it regarding a domestic, kind of hard system where those who don't take the vaccine are excluded from society. That is a dark, dark path to even think about going down.

Are we seriously suggesting you must prove you have a vaccination to enter a Bar? Do we have vaccinated only Bars? Do we have run riot no rules Bars? It's mad.

The dark, dark path is the continued placement of ideology above scientific evidence.

Proper dark ages stuff. But don't expect the cheerleaders to look in a mirror and realise any time soon.
i usse an speelchekor

Angelo

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 07, 2021, 11:16:03 PM
There is lots of debate about domestic vaccine passports & the rights and wrongs of it.

I can see how some people say it will infringe on their rights and being able to live a normalish life and thats a fair point which will be heavily scrutinised.

The sensible have a right not to be in danger of infection from mutated variants that developed in unvaccinated idiots.

So people should not have the right to choose whether or not to take something that has been shown to cause blood clotting?

This is why zealots are dangerous.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Armagh18

Na. If I'm vaccinated it's none of my business who else is and isn't. Trying to force people to take a vaccine is vile.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 07, 2021, 11:18:10 PM
That would be fair enough in that respect, I meant it regarding a domestic, kind of hard system where those who don't take the vaccine are excluded from society. That is a dark, dark path to even think about going down.

Are we seriously suggesting you must prove you have a vaccination to enter a Bar? Do we have vaccinated only Bars? Do we have run riot no rules Bars? It's mad.

The dark, dark path is the continued placement of ideology above scientific evidence.

Proper dark ages stuff. But don't expect the cheerleaders to look in a mirror and realise any time soon.

What you are suggesting is mandatory vaccination?

armaghniac

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 08, 2021, 09:01:00 AM

Na. If I'm vaccinated it's none of my business who else is and isn't. Trying to force people to take a vaccine is vile.

A willingness to infect people with Covid is vile.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

Quote from: armaghniac on April 08, 2021, 09:20:34 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 08, 2021, 09:01:00 AM

A willingness to infect people with Covid is vile.
Get the vaccine then and you're laughing. No ones business who does and doesn't. I'm not anti vax btw and will take it when it's my turn.

J70

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 08, 2021, 09:16:33 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 07, 2021, 11:18:10 PM

What you are suggesting is mandatory vaccination?

I'm living in NY.

My kids were required to have received the recommended list of childhood vaccines for MMR, Hep B, polio etc. before they were permitted to be enrolled in daycare/creche facilities and after that, school. Meningitis and other vaccines will come later. No exceptions except for medical reasons. If I didn't want them vaccinated, then it was either homeschool, leave NYC, or try to find some school were the administrators were turning a blind eye to vaccinations (which worked out well in the Orthodox Jewish community in and around NYC in recent years with measles outbreaks).

screenexile

Quote from: Angelo on April 07, 2021, 11:40:00 PM

So people should not have the right to choose whether or not to take something that has been shown to cause blood clotting?

People can choose to do what they like but to say that everyone else has to be OK with it is wrong!

Don't get vaccinated fair enough but don't expect to be getting on a plane/eating in a restaurant/drinking in a bar if you're likely to infect and kill people!

Armagh18

Quote from: screenexile on April 08, 2021, 12:19:08 PM

People can choose to do what they like but to say that everyone else has to be OK with it is wrong!

Don't get vaccinated fair enough but don't expect to be getting on a plane/eating in a restaurant/drinking in a bar if you're likely to infect and kill people!
Thats a ridiculous take. Get your vaccine then and you've nothing to worry about

GetOverTheBar

Jesus wept.

Last Man

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 08, 2021, 12:21:12 PM

Thats a ridiculous take. Get your vaccine then and you've nothing to worry about

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3K59YNpZZZ5azVJ6ifQs6d?si=oDXkrdxYQPO_YaK3nrkqKw&nd=1

Theres still plenty of differing views if not friendly debate, its understandable that some people may not agree with the vaccine program. Just for the record I've had mine but I would say I am far from convinced about the strategy when the people taking responsibilty for their personal health is never on the agenda. And among the biggest winners in lock down have been Off Licences and Takeaways!!