Doire v Tir Eoghain, Sun 28th May @2pm

Started by tyroneman, April 04, 2017, 09:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: twohands!!! on May 28, 2017, 07:01:51 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on May 28, 2017, 06:16:49 PM
So much for a possible more attack minded set up for Tyrone.
Playing against such a poor team yet we bring 14 men back into our own half.
Yes it works, yes it makes it hard for the other team to break down and yes we scored 22 times with 11 different scorers but it looks to me it's just more of the same from last year with nothing new or adventurous.
I didn't watch BBC but did Harte do an interview afterwards?

I think the key stat was at half-time Tyrone had 3 points from play.
Combine that with the complete and utter lack of any sort of goal threat against a defence that looked like they'd never played together before and it's hard to see Tyrone going much further than last year.

Yeah I agree. I said last year Tyrone were over-hyped, and they are again.

They're a long way off AI winners.

square_ball

Quote from: BennyCake on May 28, 2017, 09:11:14 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on May 28, 2017, 07:01:51 PM
Yes it works, yes it makes it hard for the other team to break down and yes we scored 22 times with 11 different scorers but it looks to me it's just more of the same from last year with nothing new or adventurous.

I think the key stat was at half-time Tyrone had 3 points from play.
Combine that with the complete and utter lack of any sort of goal threat against a defence that looked like they'd never played together before and it's hard to see Tyrone going much further than last year.

Yeah I agree. I said last year Tyrone were over-hyped, and they are again.

They're a long way off AI winners.

To be fair there is little or no hype this year. I haven't seen one media outlet tipping them for the AI and 99% of supporters know their limitations.

Tyrone did what they had to do today no more or no less. Derry were absolutely shocking I'd say they are on a level with Antrim at the moment. McKaigue is a shadow of the player he is for his club.

ONeill

Surely if Derry think they can't win playing football, win the fight.

Even Donnelly got away with that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: ONeill on May 28, 2017, 10:37:15 PM

Tyrone could afford an anonymous Donnelly against McKaigue today; hammer the hammer as O Se would say. Derry couldn't afford an anonymous McKaigue.

Clutching at straws, McKinless and Keenan have some careers ahead of them. Donnelly, given his earlier suspension shouldn't kick another ball before August.

Sad, but it doesn't really matter anymore. Paddy Bradley hinted at it today. Referees referee the team, not the tackle.

Won't wish good luck to Tyrone in the semi, because both yourselves and Dun na nGall are cut from the same cloth. Really looking forward to it though; will be some clash.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on May 28, 2017, 11:22:34 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 28, 2017, 10:37:15 PM

Tyrone could afford an anonymous Donnelly against McKaigue today; hammer the hammer as O Se would say. Derry couldn't afford an anonymous McKaigue.

Clutching at straws, McKinless and Keenan have some careers ahead of them. Donnelly, given his earlier suspension shouldn't kick another ball before August.

Sad, but it doesn't really matter anymore. Paddy Bradley hinted at it today. Referees referee the team, not the tackle.

Won't wish good luck to Tyrone in the semi, because both yourselves and Dun na nGall are cut from the same cloth. Really looking forward to it though; will be some clash.

I heard that comment from Bradley. Is he really suggesting that Tyrone get favorable treatment from refs because they are a big team or Matty Donnelly is too big a player to send off. Whilst lttle old Derry get harshly treated? What a pile of nonsense. The ref was poor enough today but I hardly think that Matty's All Stars or Tyrone's assumed loftier position over Derry played any part in that incident. Matty was just lucky - but he will most likely get a retrospective ban (which most likely will be over turned).
That was never a square ball!!

omagh_gael

The long ball into the FF line wasn't utilised at all, I wonder will we see it in any other games?

ONeill

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 28, 2017, 11:52:50 PM
The long ball into the FF line wasn't utilised at all, I wonder will we see it in any other games?

For Tyrone? First 20 mins yes, into Bradley who was saddled any time he got it. When Derry stopped fouling him Tyrone stopped hitting it in.

In terms of Donnelly, the camera angles were inconclusive.

BennyHarp

Quote from: ONeill on May 29, 2017, 12:04:23 AM

For Tyrone? First 20 mins yes, into Bradley who was saddled any time he got it. When Derry stopped fouling him Tyrone stopped hitting it in.

Matty will get a 6 month retrospective ban but deny it's even him in the video at the CCCC meeting and get the ban overturned. Probably at 3.30am on the morning of the Donegal game.
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

From the camera angles I thought it was fairly inconclusive. Haven't seen anything since the BBC News though.

lenny

Quote from: ONeill on May 29, 2017, 12:11:16 AM
From the camera angles I thought it was fairly inconclusive. Haven't seen anything since the BBC News though.

Inconclusive lol, clear punch. I see harte has a new blade there yesterday.

omaghjoe

Quote from: lenny on May 29, 2017, 06:07:27 AM
Quote from: ONeill on May 29, 2017, 12:11:16 AM

Inconclusive lol, clear punch. I see harte has a new blade there yesterday.

Certainly much less conclusive than the shitiness of Derry

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on May 29, 2017, 12:04:23 AM

Fair enough, what I meant was high ball into Sean or Matty. We tried it a good bit in the league and I thought we'd give it s shot with the two boys named in FF line.

Estimator

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 28, 2017, 06:25:58 PM

Did you not notice the new tactic? Keep it tight with big Sean battering them for 50 mins, then throw on the young guns McCurry, Mulgrew and Brennan to get the scores. 7 points between them today I believe! 😜

Those three did look good. In fairness, Tyrone could have brought on Eugene McKenna, Plunkett Donaghy and Dinky McBride at that stage of the game and they would have looked good. The 3 subs joined the fray when the opposition was already done and dusted. McCurry hit a great point with the outside of the boot. Looks superb on TV, but in reality he shouldnt get a chance to do that against better teams.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Fuzzman

Why was McKinless so agitated with poor McCrory after he made the good save?
Was he just pumped up after making such a good stop or something else?

McCrory did well to create the goal chance and did a nice side step.
He also hit a great pass into Bradley one time from the right wing in the first half.

red hander

Derry stunk the place out yesterday, worst team from the county I've ever seen... great, isn't it  ;D