Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

That's a big win for Fermanagh hurling and they beat some good teams on the way. Crying into theor pints in The Corner Hoose.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 28, 2012, 08:42:31 PM
Someone is having a bad day.  ::)

Point being that all good teams suffer a bad day at the scoring. I wouldn't be dishing teams from Galway, that's all
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2012, 10:52:34 PM

Point being that all good teams suffer a bad day at the scoring. I wouldn't be dishing teams from Galway, that's all
and where did I say that? What I said was it looks like it was a turgid affair. Hardly dishing galway teams. Get off your high horse.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 28, 2012, 07:39:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2012, 05:20:27 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 28, 2012, 05:12:48 PM
Gort and st Thomas' drew in galway, 0-09 apiece. Sounds like a turgid affair   :-\

The winners of the replay will play Loughrea in the final who defeated Turoughmore 1-12 to 0-07.

They weren't playing Portaferry so I'd imagine the score would have been a lot more had they been, just a thought. Loughrea wouldn't be the best hurling team but hard as fcuk
with all due respect mr2, no matter who's playing who you'd expect one team to score more than 9 points in two halves of hurling. No?

I thougtht (I may be wrong) with this post you were thinking (I may be wrong) that any team that doesn't score more than 9 points in 2 halves of hurling would be crap. Again I may be wrong.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 28, 2012, 11:13:41 PM
You're wrong.

Yeah, the post was a bit misleading.  Can you elaborate on this post of yours?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2012, 11:15:39 PM
You're wrong.

it wasn't misleading in the slightest. To me it looks like it was a turgid affair. It's a point of view. I could be wrong of course, it might have been the greatest game of hurling ever.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 28, 2012, 11:17:50 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2012, 11:15:39 PM
You're wrong.

it wasn't misleading in the slightest. To me it looks like it was a turgid affair. It's a point of view. I could be wrong of course, it might have been the greatest game of hurling ever.

It won't worry Loughgiel anyway, I'd say Loughgiel will be at another final this year, way too strong and very confident, with two campaigns behind them I think they'll manage the Galway hurlers this year

Milltown Row2

from Galway hoganstand:

Senior Hurling Championship
Given the conditions a draw is fair. i know there were bad wides for both teams but i felt had there been another minute Gort may have snatched it. Thomases showed how good they were when they couldn't hold out a 4 point lead even in the worst of conditions. A goal didn't see like a possibility for either team but just to say patrick skehill can count himself very lucky not to concede two goals or the game would have been out of their reach.
loughreahurler , 28/10/2012 at 17:07

johnneycool

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 28, 2012, 11:02:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2012, 10:52:34 PM

and where did I say that? What I said was it looks like it was a turgid affair. Hardly dishing galway teams. Get off your high horse.

Has anyone got the teams for yesterday's game?

The bits I'm hearing on the Ports selection sound as if the management decided to put on a few old guard well past their best, rather than the young lads who got them there in the first place.

A bit of a panic move if true IMO.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2012, 11:34:14 PM
from Galway hoganstand:

Given the conditions a draw is fair. i know there were bad wides for both teams but i felt had there been another minute Gort may have snatched it. Thomases showed how good they were when they couldn't hold out a 4 point lead even in the worst of conditions. A goal didn't see like a possibility for either team but just to say patrick skehill can count himself very lucky not to concede two goals or the game would have been out of their reach.
Sounds a bit turgid to me.  :P

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 29, 2012, 03:43:31 PM
from Galway hoganstand:

I'm glad the conditions didn't stop it from being a turgid game ::)

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 29, 2012, 04:27:27 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 29, 2012, 03:43:31 PM
from Galway hoganstand:

I'm glad the conditions didn't stop it from being a turgid game ::)
irrelevant to my initial post.   ;)

theskull1

In your lifetime?...... probably
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossa_SMacM on October 29, 2012, 11:21:34 PM
I've been about 32 years. It's the besst i've seen.

I'm sure they are decent, but there are a lot of clubs that have done the same thing over the years. Hopefully they will intergrate well with their senior teams in years to come and start winning senior championships again