Irish woman held slave for 30 years in London

Started by BennyHarp, November 21, 2013, 07:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

This is a crazy story developing in London and could be in the "things that make you go what the f**k" thread? I wonder was the Irish woman reported missing in Ireland?

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/irishwoman-among-three-rescued-from-london-house-after-30-years-of-slavery-1.1602718
That was never a square ball!!

Tony Baloney

Some horrible bastards in the world. You never know what goes on behind closed doors.

The Iceman

Becoming much more common place now -  or at least many more of these boyos are being caught. The big case in America was the beginning and a bunch of similar tragedies have popped up since....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Iceman

Quote from: hardstation on November 21, 2013, 08:11:19 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on November 21, 2013, 08:08:48 PM
Becoming much more common place now -  or at least many more of these boyos are being caught. The big case in America was the beginning and a bunch of similar tragedies have popped up since....
Was Josef Fritzel not the beginning of this?
first major capture, yes - but in more recent times (2013) that guy Garcia was very high profile.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

sans pessimism

Irish gypos convicted in England last year for slavery too
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Milltown Row2

Married 14 years.................... help me she won't let me leave
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: The Iceman on November 21, 2013, 08:42:53 PM
first major capture, yes - but in more recent times (2013) that guy Garcia was very high profile.

I would have thought the Jaycee Dugard case was before Fritzl, but a quick Google tells me she was found in 2009, while the Fritzl case was the previous year.

Jaycee Dugard wrote a fascinating book "A Stolen Life". It is a very tough read, especially the first few chapters when she details the kidnapping and initial sexual abuse. She goes on to analyse the actions of her kidnappers, and also analyse her own reactions etc. Fascinating as it is her own thoughts and conclusions rather than some psychologist going through "Stockholm Syndrome" after spending a lifetime researching it.
Hasta la victoria siempre

gallsman

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on November 22, 2013, 02:37:32 AM

I would have thought the Jaycee Dugard case was before Fritzl, but a quick Google tells me she was found in 2009, while the Fritzl case was the previous year.

Jaycee Dugard wrote a fascinating book "A Stolen Life". It is a very tough read, especially the first few chapters when she details the kidnapping and initial sexual abuse. She goes on to analyse the actions of her kidnappers, and also analyse her own reactions etc. Fascinating as it is her own thoughts and conclusions rather than some psychologist going through "Stockholm Syndrome" after spending a lifetime researching it.

There was also the Natasha Kampusch case in Austria. The (somewhat in bad taste) at the time of Euro 2008 was that England fans weren't missing out on being there as it turned out that Austrian fathers really do lock up their daughters.

Slavery is still a massive problem worldwide.

grounded

nrico2006

Quote from: gallsman on November 22, 2013, 09:20:47 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on November 22, 2013, 02:37:32 AM

There was also the Natasha Kampusch case in Austria. The (somewhat in bad taste) at the time of Euro 2008 was that England fans weren't missing out on being there as it turned out that Austrian fathers really do lock up their daughters.

Slavery is still a massive problem worldwide.

Kampusch was the first big one. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'