Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thebigdog

Tyrone supporters have learnt a lot today. Cathal Mc Shane, Conor Meyler and Lee Brennan are the new leaders in this Tyrone senior team. Why Brennan was taken off with 15 mins left was very odd and how the manager blanked him was equally disturbing. We had a free near the end on the right hand side and Mr anonymous Peter Harte duly kicked it wide when Brennan was on the bench.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Thebigdog on February 11, 2018, 07:09:04 PM
Tyrone supporters have learnt a lot today. Cathal Mc Shane, Conor Meyler and Lee Brennan are the new leaders in this Tyrone senior team. Why Brennan was taken off with 15 mins left was very odd and how the manager blanked him was equally disturbing. We had a free near the end on the right hand side and Mr anonymous Peter Harte duly kicked it wide when Brennan was on the bench.

You saw no leadership from the captain then?
That was never a square ball!!

longballin

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 11, 2018, 07:21:25 PM

Def Mattie did a few big Sean Cavanagh like points... not sure Mickey gets Lee Brennan and pandered to public opinion rather than his belief in him

Over the Bar

Quote from: ose 14 on February 11, 2018, 09:18:07 AM
sweeper watch today lads 1 13-8 2 evens 3 sweepers 6-4 today will tell you all you need to know. anymore than 1 in a must win game and its the same old bolloxs. hopefully the kildare no 11 will have the correct moral fibre and follow hampsey up the field to negate the need for 2.

Were you on the sauce early or just finishing up from the night before?  :o

redzone

Quote from: longballin on February 11, 2018, 07:29:49 PM

Def Mattie did a few big Sean Cavanagh like points... not sure Mickey gets Lee Brennan and pandered to public opinion rather than his belief in him
Rte ban will be gone then so.
Good to see us stick with one man dropping  back in the first half, not sure what the hell was going on second half. Was our full forward line tracking their man all the time when Kildare had procession or were we trying to hid them on the break. Hopefully somebody at it will know. We were poor all round with individual errors and wiped out at midfield. Still got the win.

ONeill

Decent performances from McShane and Meyler. Donnelly seems to be in great shape and making the right decisions.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 26, 2017, 09:07:31 PM
I notice Cathal McShane coming in for some criticism on here. Hard to know why a sub that gets 18 mins gets the blame today. However, it is far to say that he has been somewhat off the pace the last 2-3 games. Someone further back states they have yet to see him contribute for Tyrone. Well they obviously weren't at the Derry game last year, where he was in the top 2-3 performers, and the Cavan game in the Ulster SF (Can't mind which one) where he was Tyrone's MOTM.

However, I think the fella is being flogged to death and badly managed.

Cathal started the 2015 season early with the Tyrone U21s, and as we know Tyrone got an extended run, with Cathal MOTM in the final. He went straight from that into the Tyrone senior squad, coupled with our senior side. Owen Roes season ended on 22nd Nov 2015.
He got 2 weeks rest before he was back out with Tyrone seniors in the O Fiach Cup which was 13th December 2015. Two weeks rest!

The O'Fiach Cup final was 20th December 2015, and Cathal was out in January with Tyrone U21s and the senior side (Top scorer from play in the 2016 final) via the McKenna Cup. It was then into the NFL and back to Club football. Again our last game of 2016 was on 12th November.

Then it was straight to training with St Marys and getting ready for the McKenna/ Sigerson, not to mention being back with Tyrone and the O Fiach Cup on 11th Dec. January was McKenna Cup, National League, and Sigerson Cup. Then it'll be Tyrone ACL action 2 weeks today.

Bar all that I've no idea why he looks a bit off the pace and jaded.

With the Club season for us ending early this year, no play offs, and no U21 duty, the rest, that I mentioned was badly needed, appears to have helped Cathal start the season with some promise.

Someone should do a study on the impact that too much games and training has on a player's performance.

I am not saying he's going to be POTY but sometimes, and I'd be guilty myself, people post things, only with a 1D view.

Thank fake for the win today!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Thebigdog

Matty certainly pulled it out of the fire at the end and has to be commended. A good leader though has to show a consistency in their performance, the other lads I have mentioned do that  and that is what is required in leadership. We have seen that in all the great Tyrone captains of the past. Matty Donnelly though can prove me wrong and as the season goes on, I hope he does.

southtyronegael

big 2 points today. mattie with a fab winner. not sure the overall performance would be good enough to win any of the remaining 4 games though.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Thebigdog on February 11, 2018, 08:39:28 PM

Matty certainly pulled it out of the fire at the end and has to be commended. A good leader though has to show a consistency in their performance, the other lads I have mentioned do that  and that is what is required in leadership. We have seen that in all the great Tyrone captains of the past. Matty Donnelly though can prove me wrong and as the season goes on, I hope he does.

I'd be a big fan of those 3 lads you mentioned and I agree that they are definitely the future but to say that they are more "consistent in their performance" than Mattie Donnelly at this stage of their careers is just incorrect.
That was never a square ball!!

trileacman

We're obviously playing higher up the pitch and it will lend itself to poorer defensive displays like today. Hugh pat and Hampsey doing a lot of fireman defending but bailed us out admirably. They're vital to the long term prospects this season.

As regards lee and skeet ending up defending it's not really a policy but they obviously have to follow their marker as he raids forward. I'd like to see us push up on opposition kick outs. We hand cheap possession away all the time and then flog the shit out of lee and skeet as 2 men chasing 3 men with the ball. It tires them and fucks them for preforming in the second half.

Couldn't complain with subbing lee, he's played a lot of football and he's flogged as I said chasing defenders that he shouldn't have to. Hartes missed free was far enough away, Lee would have it tight for range too. It's our right hand frees that's killing us, need someone to step up badly.

The Mc canns have been very quiet in the new season, Tiarnan in particular. Half backs weren't great today, needed to see more from them. Mc Laughlin has huge potential but tires too quickly, the stamina now needed for county football is immense, he could be 6-12 months getting to the level of Harte, donnellys, Hampseys and Mc cans level of fitness.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Sluden is a curate eggs too, an unbelievable stepper but such a poor finisher at times. People like to give mickey a hard time on here but surely he's looking at these fckers and saying to himself, "yer playing football since you could run how the f**k do ya not know where the posts are"
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

sensethetone

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 10, 2018, 06:17:14 PM
i thing Thebigdog makes a fair point regarding pyshcological scars. we could be entering a post meath '96 scenario which took us 3 or 4 yrs to get over. and that was with new mangagement, could be worse this time.

Art and Eugene were the manager's around that time.

southtyronegael

Quote from: sensethetone on February 11, 2018, 09:27:49 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on February 10, 2018, 06:17:14 PM
i thing Thebigdog makes a fair point regarding pyshcological scars. we could be entering a post meath '96 scenario which took us 3 or 4 yrs to get over. and that was with new mangagement, could be worse this time.

Art and Eugene were the manager's around that time.
not sure what ur point is but danny ball took over in '97.

LeoMc

Quote from: longballin on February 11, 2018, 07:29:49 PM

Aye Mickey is known for pandering to the public.
When Lee was picked for this game there were complaints he was playing too much ball with Sigeraon games..