C-Section

Started by BennyHarp, March 17, 2013, 12:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

So, my Wife is having our first born by c-section on Wednesday after it was clear it is in breach and couldn't be turned! I know this is a fairly routine operation these days but I'm still a bit worried! Any advice fellas on what to do on the day and the days after? 
That was never a square ball!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 17, 2013, 12:54:22 AM
So, my Wife is having our first born by c-section on Wednesday after it was clear it is in breach and couldn't be turned! I know this is a fairly routine operation these days but I'm still a bit worried! Any advice fellas on what to do on the day and the days after?
What the fcuk are you supposed to do?!  ;D Our 3rd was by section and there is no getting round the fact that it is fairly major as it involves cutting through abdominal muscles. You need to be on hand to help out as the missus will be very sore for a good while and will need to be careful with lifting the baby etc as apparently the stitches can burst ages after the nipper is born.

Congratulations by the way. You'll be grand.

Pangurban

Be There. After that everything will be fine, many congratulations

Puckoon

This may sound crass, but that's not the intention at all.

I know three couples who have decisively gone the c section route just to avoid the vagina damage. Things should be grand. Congratulations!

magpie seanie

She'll be very sore for a while and lifting things will be a problem. She's also not supposed to drive a car for 6 weeks, sudden braking would be a problem. Just be on hand to help her, that's about it. Congrats!

lawnseed

Quote from: Puckoon on March 17, 2013, 04:19:14 AM
This may sound crass, but that's not the intention at all.

I know three couples who have decisively gone the c section route just to avoid the vagina damage. Things should be grand. Congratulations!
what?? Benny has already done the vagina damage.

my first child was a section. but it wasn't planned. one minute we were doing the breathing and the pushing the next thing i was standing there on my own as everything i had was being rallied down the corridor to the operating theater. they made me tea and toast... after that i was taken down to see my wife i wouldn't have known her. she was really in bad shape. then the good bit. they took me to children's intensive care and asked me to try and pick my own child. there were about 10 so thinking mine wasn't too long born i picked the smallest one. i couldn't believe it when she says no no this is your over here. my eldest son was the full of the little glass cot. i couldn't believe it. 11lb monster.
we had all the plans for breast feeding etc.. but Mrs lawn simply wasn't fit after what she'd been through. thankfully after a few days she was back to normal.
Benny you have the advantage of a planned section so you wont have any of the trauma i/we had but it is VERY worrying.. the tea and toast helps. the very best of luck and congrats
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Norf Tyrone

At least you've time to worry about it. My second was born in an emergency C section 20 mins after the doc decided we need to deliver 3 months early! 

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

Missus had a C-section 6 months ago & has been said before it is major surgery and she will be very sore for the first few days after it but you can actually recover from it quickly enough, it's important to tell her not to milk it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

brokencrossbar1

3 born by c section,she will be sore and tender for a good few weeks after it like the lads have said.  The other thing I would say,and it may not be an issue for you, is that you are limited to the amount of kids you can have.  We wanted at least 1 more but the doctors wouldn't let us. 

Norf Tyrone

Ha Ha. That's true what Minder says.

And with modern surgery, doctors actually believe that females are best not to lie down after 2 or 3 days, and moving around helps circulation and aids recovery.

So get her to ensure that housework is restarted after a few days. If you love her that is.

Good luck with it lad!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

BennyHarp

Quote from: Minder on March 17, 2013, 08:51:41 AM

Missus had a C-section 6 months ago & has been said before it is major surgery and she will be very sore for the first few days after it but you can actually recover from it quickly enough, it's important to tell her not to milk it.

Cheers Minder, I shall take this advice on board!  ;D
That was never a square ball!!

Dougal Maguire

Good luck to you all. Enjoy the tea and toast the nurses will make you after the baby is delivered. The nicest tea and toast you'll ever have in your life
Careful now

Orior

Good luck BennyHarp.

Both my kids were born by Cesarean, and it does take longer to recover than the natural method of child birth.

No ill effect on my kids either, except every time they leave the house they climb out through the side window. And they always get out of the car through the sunroof.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

ONeill

Our twins were born by section. Found the whole thing fascinating. They allowed me to watch where the action was taking place.

Afterwards she'll be rightly sore for a couple of weeks. Do everything you can for her. She'll be ready for romancing at about 4 weeks.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.