Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenC

Good win for Donegal - great to have this young team experience Croke Park and even better, winning there. Not sure that either team was at 100% intensity for this one. Plenty for us to work on - kickouts were poor enough all day. Big step up in quality watching the first half of Derry and the Dubs.

Orior

I don't know if I can take any more.

First, our King has a health scare
Second, wee Jeff steps down.
Then, Armagh lose the Division 2 final.

Will this pain ever end?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tones

Quote from: armaghniac on March 31, 2024, 03:39:36 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on March 31, 2024, 03:31:58 PMArmagh fans seemed to be treating that like it was an All-Ireland

Well the team certainly weren't treating it like an All Ireland, bar a couple of minutes near the end.

Pathetic display, Ulster final at most, sad thing is Mcgeeney will stay on, 10 years of puke football.

Tones

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 31, 2024, 04:29:51 PMPoor from us. Well done Donegal. Armagh are very unlikely to win any title but if we don't play rian from the start we definitely won't win anything.

What would he bring,looks done, brought nothing all season.

thewobbler

Watching the D1 final must have been vexing for Armagh fans.

Derry have closed the gap on Dublin and Kerry, by pressing hard and taking control of momentum where possible.

Armagh, with better forwards than Derry, are getting further away each year, seemingly paralysed by a fear of taking a game by the horns and building up leads.

Rossfan

Quote from: Orior on March 31, 2024, 08:09:45 PMI don't know if I can take any more.

First, our King has a health scare
Second, wee Jeff steps down.
Then, Armagh lose the Division 2 final.

Will this pain ever end?

You could be from Mayo...
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J70

Division 2 final lads. Glorified challenge match. A year from now you'll have to rack your brains to remember who played and who won.

Armagh will make the Ulster Final, Donegal will hope to have a strong enough team available to put it up to Derry. That's all that really matters.

APM

Fair play to Donegal today! Weakened team but came away with the win. Armagh played none but could have won it and given the scoreable frees missed, arguably should have.

Agree that it was strange to start Mcmullan. Thompson had way too much space in the first half, but very clever at finding space. Armagh got very few turnovers which is very frustrating - standing off too much. In comparison with Derry's approach to Dublin. However they had some success on Patton's kickouts.

Another failure to close out a game from a winning position. Very frustrating trend. However, the last time they won the 2 Division trophy was in Croke Park in 2010 v Down. They closed that game out but went on to get beaten by Monaghan by about 15 points in an Ulster SF. That won't happen this year, can't see anyone hammering them but big questions over their ability to win anything.

At the end of the day it was a 1 point game and as usual plenty of overreaction.

Tones

Over reaction!! It's the same story year after year, defensive shite, no plan, too late with subs, wrong calls with subs, clueless from the management, its depressing.

Captain Scarlet

A good chunk of Kildare people talk about how Geezer leaving set us years and want him back.

I'm past it as I thought he can't make good ingame calls and all the integrity talk went out with the Seanie Johnston debacle.

This is my roundabout way of asking Armagh people if he can bring you on?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Armagh18

Quote from: Tones on March 31, 2024, 09:32:57 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 31, 2024, 04:29:51 PMPoor from us. Well done Donegal. Armagh are very unlikely to win any title but if we don't play rian from the start we definitely won't win anything.

Cheers for that insight Jim Gavin. Was brilliant when he came on yesterday. He's our best player when he's fit so he brings a fair bit

Armagh18

Dessie Dolan was saying that Leinster is their main focus. Can they make the final or will they meet the dubs before that?

Mario

Quote from: thewobbler on March 31, 2024, 09:39:34 PMWatching the D1 final must have been vexing for Armagh fans.

Derry have closed the gap on Dublin and Kerry, by pressing hard and taking control of momentum where possible.

Armagh, with better forwards than Derry, are getting further away each year, seemingly paralysed by a fear of taking a game by the horns and building up leads.
Surely at this stage we can finally agree that Armagh do not have better forwards than Derry. It was an argument 2 years ago but not now.

Tones

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 01, 2024, 07:39:04 AM
Quote from: Tones on March 31, 2024, 09:32:57 PM

Cheers for that insight Jim Gavin. Was brilliant when he came on yesterday. He's our best player when he's fit so he brings a fair bit

Brilliant what game were you watching, he's living on a few very special performances, been woeful all year, started against Cork was abysmal, his introductory performances haven't been up to much, I would be starting the brother quicker, as for giving a lad a debut in a national final beggers belied.

Caitlin

Armagh have the players but they don't have the management. The inability to cope under pressure time after time must be frustrating; especially when it's the same issue time after time.