China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: BenDover on August 20, 2021, 12:34:04 AM
Family wedding at the weekend and my whole house is down with Covid. OH and I are vaccinated. My symptoms are flu like with a cough, eldest boy the same. Youngest kids showing no symptoms. Isolation now for 10 days.

Was the wedding last weekend?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: clarshack on August 20, 2021, 10:06:27 AM
Family wedding at the weekend and my whole house is down with Covid. OH and I are vaccinated. My symptoms are flu like with a cough, eldest boy the same. Youngest kids showing no symptoms. Isolation now for 10 days.

Was the reception in Armagh?  ;)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Yeah, same situation here , friends wedding, widespread covid cases and 1 death, mostly double jabbed

RedHand88

Look after yourselves Fear and Ben. Order a pulse oximeter from amazon, they're about £25. Will show you your blood oxygen levels which is an early sign if anyone is going downhill and needs hospital treatment.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 20, 2021, 09:35:55 AM
In the north I don't see how there can be. England aren't doing them any more so parliament will never approve a budget for here to go off on their own and do furlough. There's no money for it any more.
Absolutely. Magic money tree has run out time to get back to reality.

APM

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 20, 2021, 10:25:55 AM

Yeah, same situation here , friends wedding, widespread covid cases and 1 death, mostly double jabbed

That's terrible. I know if it was my wedding, I would be devastated if someone caught covid and died. 

armaghniac

Quote from: APM on August 20, 2021, 12:37:44 PM

That's terrible. I know if it was my wedding, I would be devastated if someone caught covid and died.

Give out antigen tests at the church and tell anyone positive to not go to the reception?

2,397 new cases of Covid-19 were reported in Northern Ireland today, there is a huge amount of Covid out there.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Harold Disgracey

I heard about the wedding, I though they were exaggerating when the said that out of the 299 guests 200 or so have tested positive and one person had died.

imtommygunn

Quote from: armaghniac on August 20, 2021, 02:35:02 PM

Give out antigen tests at the church and tell anyone positive to not go to the reception?

2,397 new cases of Covid-19 were reported in Northern Ireland today, there is a huge amount of Covid out there.

That isn't good  :o

Admissions and inpatients are actually down interestingly.

Also there is a huge amount of testing going on now with 6k+ a day. This time last year it seemed to generally be 2.5k a day or so. Whether that's "supply and demand" I don't know but I thought they were ramping down testing.

Cavan19

Quote from: armaghniac on August 20, 2021, 02:35:02 PM

Does it not spread in the church?

Truth hurts

Weddings have big spreaders in the Castlewellan area, the executive needs to curtail these numbers. Its getting out of control. Also why the f**k are people having 2nd-day wedding parties with djs and the likes. f**king wise up

tiempo

Quote from: Truth hurts on August 20, 2021, 03:26:22 PM
Weddings have big spreaders in the Castlewellan area, the executive needs to curtail these numbers. Its getting out of control. Also why the f**k are people having 2nd-day wedding parties with djs and the likes. f**king wise up

Kind what i was thinking re Ulster Final in Croke
Pulling tens of thousands of extra people to Dublin unnecessarily
Game should have been in Ulster with the relevant attendance in place, but it seems an extra £300,000 to the coffers took precedent

bennydorano

Evidence that vaccinated people still transmit Covid-19 makes rollout of jabs to UK children less likely

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/evidence-vaccinated-still-transmit-covid-19-rollout-jabs-uk-children-less-likely-1159487

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on August 20, 2021, 03:42:19 PM
Evidence that vaccinated people still transmit Covid-19 makes rollout of jabs to UK children less likely

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/evidence-vaccinated-still-transmit-covid-19-rollout-jabs-uk-children-less-likely-1159487

That will be fine and dandy until the children are not allowed travel on holiday because they are not vaccinated.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BenDover

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 20, 2021, 10:23:45 AM
Quote from: clarshack on August 20, 2021, 10:06:27 AM

Was the reception in Armagh?  ;)

It was. Reports of a lot of guests now infected. Different wedding to the one linked to the death.