Chaos Theory

Started by Orior, April 27, 2007, 01:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Does anyone know the full link between a butterfly flapping its wings causing a hurricane on the other side of the world?

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lurganblue

someone told me last week that a butterfly in Peru caused hurricane Katrina which hit New Orleans.
if this was the case GW Bush would already have invaded Peru to get the f**ker  :D

screenmachine

The phrase refers to the idea that a butterfly's wings might create tiny changes in the atmosphere that ultimately cause a tornado to appear (or prevent a tornado from appearing). The flapping wing represents a small change in the initial condition of the system, which causes a chain of events leading to large-scale phenomena. Had the butterfly not flapped its wings, the trajectory of the system might have been vastly different.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Orior

Aye, but what is the chain of events? I needs to know, cause if i see it happening then I can nip it in the bud, save the world, win a Nobel prize and be home in time for Coronation Street.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bingobus

Quote from: Orior on April 27, 2007, 01:27:21 PM
Does anyone know the full link between a butterfly flapping its wings causing a hurricane on the other side of the world?

If the butterfly in question is Tony Fearon in a butterfly costume, then yes, it is possible.

supersarsfields

Them bloody Butterflies, their always at it. Flapping their damn wings like their doing nothin wrong.

I'd kill the lot of them.

Just to be sure!

ONeill

Surely passing wind could have the same effect. Say, for example, A4SA trumpeted in Forkhill and later that week there was a tornado in Bloemhof, can that be traced back to the hole?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Kerry Mike

If a butterfly can do this, imagine what a good Guinness scuttery fart can do.

KM steers his considerable arse towards Dublin and lets one rip.................. ahhhhhh

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

screenmachine

imagine the effect of several air biscuits being dropped all at the same time and location...i thought global warming had the world shitting itself...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.