Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Is it a new thing in Down to celebrate a relegation survival? A lot of teams this past few weeks have been celebrating like they won a trophy. Found it very strange that. Let's celebrate being the third worst team in a crap Down league. I have never seen the standard in Down as poor as what's in it now.

Last Caress

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 19, 2019, 09:39:53 PM
Is it a new thing in Down to celebrate a relegation survival? A lot of teams this past few weeks have been celebrating like they won a trophy. Found it very strange that. Let's celebrate being the third worst team in a crap Down league. I have never seen the standard in Down as poor as what's in it now.
I would think it's a celebration of relief that they haven't gone down. Agree the standard is poor. But that's what we've got. It's a shame. Considering we acknowledged the great 1994 win last week at the club championship final. It will come around again..... but when?

Smurfy123

No it's more than relief
I've seen the words great escape now from 2 teams
The great escape
Move on to go on like it's a trophy in the cabinet. Teams celebrate winning trophy's but now teams celebrate survival. Not sure when it will turn. But it is as bad as it has been for 40 years. Win a match let's post a picture about it

Targetman

Annaclone manager steps down after gaining promotion, strange!!

Smurfy123

I think he knows they won't go any further. A very old team with nothing much coming through. I would say that's his thinking.

forevergreen

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 19, 2019, 10:34:26 PM
I think he knows they won't go any further. A very old team with nothing much coming through. I would say that's his thinking.
Possibly thought they could end up playing Bryansford next year or then again maybe thinking of going forward for the Bryansford managers role

snoopdog

Quote from: PTC on October 19, 2019, 07:47:36 PM
Quote from: Dubh driocht on October 19, 2019, 07:19:59 PM
So unless we get to the Ulster final next year were out of Sam ? Disaster
an Ulster final appearance is a possibility next year. Disaster?? Do you honestly feel like we have a chance of winning Sam?
I think whoever gets promoted from div 3 will not go into the 2nd tier comp once exiting the provincial. But Down getting promoted from Div 3 is a tougher ask than this year's league.

elk

Division two is the right level for Downpatrick

ApresMatch

Downpatrick
Castlewellan
Bredagh
Longstone
Darragh Cross
An Riocht
Glenn
St Johns
Saul
Annaclone

Div 2 tough next season

downjim

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 19, 2019, 10:03:09 PM
No it's more than relief
I've seen the words great escape now from 2 teams
The great escape
Move on to go on like it's a trophy in the cabinet. Teams celebrate winning trophy's but now teams celebrate survival. Not sure when it will turn. But it is as bad as it has been for 40 years. Win a match let's post a picture about it

Says the club who celebrated coming 3rd in the league last year

Mourne Rover

Apres Match is correct to point out what a cut-throat affair D2 is going to be next year. Are we back to two up and two down ?

terrifictommy

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 01, 2019, 11:27:52 AM
Are we not? I really don't know where the argument is here
Semi final of championship
CPN
BURREN
MAYOBRIDGE
KILCOO

League finish
BURREN
MAYOBRIDGE
CPN
KILCOO

What am I missing

Smurfy - Becoming like some of the other bores on here. You seemed to be celebrating winning nothing on that post. Now I'm not slating that, success sometimes isnt a measure of the trophies in the cabinet but the end result of the efforts. Saul for example, I think can be quite happy and rightly celebrate staying in Div2, why shouldn't they. Bryansford, May once have been a team to beat, but tough times come to every club. Again what is success.

Targetman

Kilcoo win what was a poor enough minor final, best team won though

Town Gael

Best team maybe but Kilcoo should be ashamed of themselves for playing the man who was suspended for goading an opponent about his mother who had recently died. Appealing the suspension to Croke Park on a technicality was without justification. A tainted county title

PTC

Congrats to kilcoo unbelievable year to go unbeaten in the minors and premier reserves and also win the senior league and championship