NFL Div 3

Started by Catch and Kick, January 16, 2019, 10:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristo 60

The league table tells all.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 27, 2019, 10:27:20 AM
Are Laois any good?

They're not bad, will be there or thereabouts.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Shamrock Shore

I think my question was mis-interpreted as it was phrased rather badly.

I was really asking are they better than the results suggest? I was surprised that they lost to Louth (not so much to Westmeath) and I was wondering are they missing a few lads for one reason or another. To see poor aul Ross Munnelly slaving away when he deserves his retirement suggests a lack of talent coming through.

Laois usually get the better of Longford and Sat will probably be no different. I will head there anyway..........Laoislad never replied to my text asking if he'd meet up for a Chicken burger after!

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 28, 2019, 03:01:48 PM

I was really asking are they better than the results suggest? I was surprised that they lost to Louth (not so much to Westmeath) and I was wondering are they missing a few lads for one reason or another. To see poor aul Ross Munnelly slaving away when he deserves his retirement suggests a lack of talent coming through.

Laois usually get the better of Longford and Sat will probably be no different. I will head there anyway..........Laoislad never replied to my text asking if he'd meet up for a Chicken burger after!
I'll meet up with ye for a chicken burger ? What's the Robbie Smyth situation ? Many mullinalaghta lads commmiting ?

Smurfy123

Laois probably the best team Down have come up against this year. Although Down were missing a lot of players for the first few matches. I would expect Laois to take care of Longford with a few to spare. What's Offaly like men? I'm surprised at how well Louth are going.

macdanger2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 28, 2019, 09:08:53 PM
Laois probably the best team Down have come up against this year. Although Down were missing a lot of players for the first few matches. I would expect Laois to take care of Longford with a few to spare. What's Offaly like men? I'm surprised at how well Louth are going.

Who's managing Louth these days?

LooseCannon

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 28, 2019, 09:33:45 PM

Who's managing Louth these days?
Wayne Kierans.

Blowitupref

Laois probably the best team Down have come up against this year. Although Down were missing a lot of players for the first few matches. I would expect Laois to take care of Longford with a few to spare. What’s Offaly like men? I’m surprised at how well Louth are going.
While Div 2 was a struggle for Louth last year it shouldn't be forgotten that they finished top of Div 3 in 2017.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Laoiseabu on February 28, 2019, 08:50:09 PM

I'll meet up with ye for a chicken burger ? What's the Robbie Smyth situation ? Many mullinalaghta lads commmiting ?

May take a rain check on the burger. Laoislad - let me know if you are actually going.
The Robbie Smyth situation is no more or no worse than a lot of lads in his position. Not 100% committed to the cause it seems so he's out. Been carrying an injury as well so not sure if we will see him back for the summer. Maybe losing 3 in a row finals to Mullinalaghta have had an affect.........
Mullinalaghtas are coming back -- 3 were on the pitch last week. Not sure about this eve. 

laoislad

Apols....I didn't see your first text message...
Mind the speed cameras on the roadworks on the way back up to Dubland.!!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Ambrose

Westmeath up to second with a win over Sligo, who remain the only team in the four divisions without a point and are now relegated with two games still to play.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Aristo 60

It must nearly be time to start the if scenarios 😀
So it's Down' s league to lose at this stage and next up for us, the men from Carlow.

Rossfan

Quote from: Ambrose on March 03, 2019, 03:54:25 PM

Westmeath up to second with a win over Sligo, who remain the only team in the four divisions without a point and are now relegated with two games still to play.
What the feck is going on in Sligo at all?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM