Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on December 31, 2020, 02:01:21 AM
Hahaha you absolute fuckin clown. ;D
I've already explained why YOU'RE talking utter nonsense about Canavan, and why we DON'T need to be "careful" with him.
So therefore i'll leave it there, and i'll spare you the chance of making an absolute gobshite out of yourself yet again.
Good luck

Plenty of insults but little in the way of actual debate from you. There's only one clown here. It's not my job to teach you what your mother should have and put some manners on you.

Ronan O'Neill is another good example of an exciting young forward we had. Did his cruciate at 19 on duty with Tyrone and never fulfilled his potential. A serious injury at that age can be detrimental to a player and their development which is why we should take care and caution with Canavan.

Now if you can't add something to that discussion other than slabbering like a spoiled infant then move along.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on December 31, 2020, 01:56:15 AM
How many senior club championship games has Canavan started?

Not a whole pile actually, I can think of one he came off the bench v Coalisland in Carrickmore two years ago if my memory is on it.

That might be it, he didn't play any senior championship this year either with the wrist injury?

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 31, 2020, 09:40:06 AM

Not a whole pile actually, I can think of one he came off the bench v Coalisland in Carrickmore two years ago if my memory is on it.

That might be it, he didn't play any senior championship this year either with the wrist injury?

What I thought.

He's a tremendous talent but if people think he's already established himself a proven intercounty starter after 50 minutes of Championship action then they are for the birds. I'm sure his father will be telling him that the hard work starts now.

Goals_Will_Come

Confirmed that the following players have joined the training panel:
Danny Mc Nulty
Conor McAliskey
Paul Donaghy
Aidan Clarke
Peter Teague
Tiernan Quinn
Cormac Munroe
Mark Mckearney
Lee Brennan
Johnny Munroe

inroundthesquare

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 31, 2020, 09:40:06 AM

Played 3 full Senior Club Championship games in 2019 as well and was very good in each of them. Then was injured for the final and only got 15 minutes

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on December 31, 2020, 12:17:24 PM
Danny Mc Nulty
Conor McAliskey
Paul Donaghy
Aidan Clarke
Peter Teague
Tiernan Quinn
Cormac Munroe
Mark Mckearney
Lee Brennan
Johnny Munroe

Is there anyone not renewed from last year?

Angelo

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on December 31, 2020, 12:17:24 PM
Danny Mc Nulty
Conor McAliskey
Paul Donaghy
Aidan Clarke
Peter Teague
Tiernan Quinn
Cormac Munroe
Mark Mckearney
Lee Brennan
Johnny Munroe

Is that a definitive list of new additions? No Paudie McNulty or no real midfield options in those new faces and it's a position we are definitely light in at present.

Any word on departures yet? With those names added to last year's panel we would probably be carrying a panel of close to 50 at present? Presume it will be cut down shortly before the league.

Who out of that list do we think has the best chance of nailing down a first team spot. McNulty, McAliksey, Brennan, Quinn and Donaghy would be battling it out with the likes of McCurry, Canavan, O'Neill, Bradley and Kerr for what is likely two starting spots at most.

McNulty could be a good alternative to McShane if the latter is slow coming back after his injury. We really lack any sort of target man alternative in our squad so hopefully he can show up well.

southtyronegael

Great to see so many men who fell foul of harte returning to the panel. Good luck Louth.

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: southtyronegael on December 31, 2020, 03:32:05 PM
Great to see so many men who fell foul of harte returning to the panel. Good luck Louth.
Who are the "many men" who fell foul of Harte that are returning to the panel?
Brennan you could maybe argue. But he got opportunities and I think a lot of people would agree that he seemed to lack the work ethic to get himself where he needed to be athletically to play inter county football.
Outside of that I would say, for a change, you're chatting absolute putrid.

In hiding

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on December 31, 2020, 06:53:45 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on December 31, 2020, 03:32:05 PM
Who are the "many men" who fell foul of Harte that are returning to the panel?
Brennan you could maybe argue. But he got opportunities and I think a lot of people would agree that he seemed to lack the work ethic to get himself where he needed to be athletically to play inter county football.
Outside of that I would say, for a change, you're chatting absolute putrid.

Johnny Munroe
Danny Mc Nulty?

TwoUpTwoDown

Ah I think it's a stretch to claim either. Munroe was getting plenty of opportunities and then took it upon himself to walk away. As for McNulty, the man might not even make it under the current management. Has he the commitment levels required for county? Atm I'd say probably not, but God would I be happy to be proven wrong.

Angelo

Has McNulty not been ravaged with injuries since he got a callup under Harte when he was in his teens.

Was there not some big fallout with the County Board over covering a back injury he sustained when with Tyrone?

southtyronegael

Mc aliskey left cause of harte. Peter Donnelly too. Shea MC guigan coming back too?

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 01, 2021, 11:49:32 AM
Mc aliskey left cause of harte. Peter Donnelly too. Shea MC guigan coming back too?

Everyone knows that is bullshit. McAliskey said from the outset he was taking a year out and was hoping to return, Harte said the exact same thing when he dropped off the panel. You continue to pedal that bullshit line though.

"It's a personal decision for me," he said.

"It has been a tough couple of years for me both in terms of injuries and personally and I just feel the time is right to take a step back and be selfish and put myself first.

"I know the sort of commitment levels that it takes to perform consistently at the highest level and I'm not the sort of person that will do anything if I can't do it 100 per cent. I just feel that physically and mentally I'm not ready to commit to next season and Mickey fully understands my decision.

"He respected what I said to him and he said that if I think of things differently next year then we can sit down and talk and see if I have something to offer. The door isn't closed on my Tyrone career but for the moment I have to be greedy for once and put myself first."

God14

Quote from: Angelo on December 31, 2020, 08:47:28 PM
Has McNulty not been ravaged with injuries since he got a callup under Harte when he was in his teens.

Was there not some big fallout with the County Board over covering a back injury he sustained when with Tyrone?

There was a fall out, and Logan was the only one who got involved and tried to sort it at the time.