Previous topic - Next topic

Messi or Ronaldo - Who's best

Lionel Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo

Taylor

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on August 27, 2020, 05:56:41 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 27, 2020, 08:03:36 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on August 27, 2020, 12:36:27 AM
To answer the question in the title, Messi, and it's not even close.
Citeh look the most likely team but hopefully he goes to a proper club. There will likely be a lot of scrutiny around his contract release clause that Barcelona will have to sort.

Whao - a lot of nonsense on one post.

Why do you say its not even close?

And what do you mean by a proper club?
Jesus don't cry Taylor.
I say it's not even close because Messi is better than Ronaldo, and it's not close.
And you know rightly what I mean by a 'proper' club. A big club, with history and tradition, that hasn't needed oil money to get to where they are. A player like Messi deserves to go to one.
You must be a citeh fan for getting butthurt at that comment.

ha!
You got me shooters - close to the bone  ::)

Yes a City fan - how can we become a proper club - please advise?

We won the FA Cup as far back as 1904 along with a few leagues, more FA Cups, League Cups and a Cup Winners Cup and this was all before the 80's.

Can we count this as history?

Itchy

Quote from: Taylor on August 28, 2020, 08:28:10 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on August 27, 2020, 05:56:41 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 27, 2020, 08:03:36 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on August 27, 2020, 12:36:27 AM
To answer the question in the title, Messi, and it's not even close.
Citeh look the most likely team but hopefully he goes to a proper club. There will likely be a lot of scrutiny around his contract release clause that Barcelona will have to sort.

Whao - a lot of nonsense on one post.

Why do you say its not even close?

And what do you mean by a proper club?
Jesus don't cry Taylor.
I say it's not even close because Messi is better than Ronaldo, and it's not close.
And you know rightly what I mean by a 'proper' club. A big club, with history and tradition, that hasn't needed oil money to get to where they are. A player like Messi deserves to go to one.
You must be a citeh fan for getting butthurt at that comment.

ha!
You got me shooters - close to the bone  ::)

Yes a City fan - how can we become a proper club - please advise?

We won the FA Cup as far back as 1904 along with a few leagues, more FA Cups, League Cups and a Cup Winners Cup and this was all before the 80's.

Can we count this as history?

Lad - serious question, do you genuinely believe there is a debate around who is better - Messi or Ronaldo? Or is it just a bit of craic this? I have to say I never met any serious soccer follower who thought Ronaldo was the better player (not saying they don't exist)

Angelo

Best players of their generation but it's been a poor era for football.

Neither of them could lace R9's boots.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Itchy

Quote from: Angelo on August 28, 2020, 01:31:03 PM

Do you ever make a serious comment on any subject?

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on August 28, 2020, 01:39:31 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 28, 2020, 01:31:03 PM

Do you ever make a serious comment on any subject?

That's a serious comment.

I don't think either of them would have really stood out in another generation.

I'd have the likes of a peak Shevchenko or a peak Pavel Nedved over them in all honesty.

Milltown Row2

Ronaldo for me, Messi is fantastic also... not much between them in fairness so its personal choice
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

I cant believe what nonsense I am reading here. Pavel Nedved. Holy f**k. Over and out.

Taylor

Quote from: Itchy on August 28, 2020, 02:59:59 PM
I cant believe what nonsense I am reading here. Pavel Nedved. Holy f**k. Over and out.

;D ;D ;D

Shevcenko really showed why he was better than both at Chelsea as well

Angelo

That comment shows that your football knowledge is attributable to the back of The Sun or something

Yes Pavel Nedved - a Ballon d'Or winner.

One of the greatest midfielder to ever grace the game. Do you even remember watching him play? He was as complete a footballer as you could find.

Angelo

Quote from: Taylor on August 28, 2020, 03:17:15 PM

;D ;D ;D

Shevcenko really showed why he was better than both at Chelsea as well

Shevchenko was finished when he arrived at Chelsea, you don't see many 20 year olds ripping up the CL these years with a team like Dynamo Kiev.

Also another Ballon d'Or winner.

Taylor

So Ballon d'Or winners specify greatness?

Means you are shit out of luck with your two men Angelo...

Itchy

Quote from: Angelo on August 28, 2020, 03:44:58 PM

That comment shows that your football knowledge is attributable to the back of The Sun or something

One of the greatest midfielder to ever grace the game. Do you even remember watching him play? He was as complete a footballer as you could find.

In the last 24 hours you have stated the following nonsense on this forum

1- Pavel Nedved and Shevchenko were better players than Messi and Ronaldo
2- This is a poor era for football (I assume to downgrade the achievments of both Messi & Ronaldo) even though the game is played at an incredible pace today versus a decade ago
3- Glasgow Rangers would be a the same level as Sheffield Utd
4- And then this quite incredible comment regarding Irish players that might be worthy to play for Celtic...

Egan is a carthorse, I don't think he makes the Celtic XI, Stephen is a player who has spent the vast majority of his career playing in the LOI and English lower leagues. He is 30 years of age and just after his first ever season in top flight football, he's a very average player and was playing in the 4th tier of English football 3 years ago. They happen to play for a very well coached and organised outfit though. When you see these lads in action for Ireland, you realise how poor they are. The only Irish player who I think would come in and improve the Celtic team right now is the guy they are after - Duffy. I think the rest of them would struggle to earn a spot. Coleman is finish, Doherty can't defend to save his life, they don't have a striker near the class of Edouard. Their midfield options available to Ireland are abysmal. McGregor, Christie, Rogic, Ntcham would all walk onto that Irish side.

Taylor has much more about him.

Not even the Sun would print such unbelievable garbage.

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on August 28, 2020, 04:04:01 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 28, 2020, 03:44:58 PM

In the last 24 hours you have stated the following nonsense on this forum

1- Pavel Nedved and Shevchenko were better players than Messi and Ronaldo
2- This is a poor era for football (I assume to downgrade the achievments of both Messi & Ronaldo) even though the game is played at an incredible pace today versus a decade ago
3- Glasgow Rangers would be a the same level as Sheffield Utd
4- And then this quite incredible comment regarding Irish players that might be worthy to play for Celtic...

Egan is a carthorse, I don't think he makes the Celtic XI, Stephen is a player who has spent the vast majority of his career playing in the LOI and English lower leagues. He is 30 years of age and just after his first ever season in top flight football, he's a very average player and was playing in the 4th tier of English football 3 years ago. They happen to play for a very well coached and organised outfit though. When you see these lads in action for Ireland, you realise how poor they are. The only Irish player who I think would come in and improve the Celtic team right now is the guy they are after - Duffy. I think the rest of them would struggle to earn a spot. Coleman is finish, Doherty can't defend to save his life, they don't have a striker near the class of Edouard. Their midfield options available to Ireland are abysmal. McGregor, Christie, Rogic, Ntcham would all walk onto that Irish side.

Taylor has much more about him.

Not even the Sun would print such unbelievable garbage.

Yes, I would stand by all of them.

The Sun would be more in touch with your musings is more of a poor reflection on you than me.

The fact that you find it incredible that one would rate Nedved - one of the greatest midfielders to ever play the game - as a better player than Messi or Ronaldo I think sums up your knowledge of football.

Nedved and Shevchenko played in a much tougher era of football than Messi and C Ronaldo played in - trying to say otherwise just makes you look silly or like someone who started watching football in 2012.

It's probably the worst Irish football team in living memory.

tiempo

Hard to compare when not dealing with a level playing field, get Ronaldo on a course of growth hormone, see how he fares, then I'll know

Itchy

Matt Doherty, who can't defend to save his life, about to join spurs. We can only imagine its because Jose Mourinho knows nothing about  football or because Celtic are way better than spurs. To think differently would mean Angelos post above is utter shite and sure that couldn't be right.