Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhailov

Quote from: Under Lights on August 09, 2021, 05:03:39 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on August 09, 2021, 05:01:51 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on August 09, 2021, 04:10:59 PM
They badly burned a starred game after the National League semi final. Should have been non starred fixture meaning we would be one game ahead now.

1st round of champ is 19th September apparently  :-X
Probably +1 week now

Didn't burn anything. County players are not allowed to play club football during county season unless agreed with county management. No way would they have allowed all players to play 1 league club game 3 weeks out from championship in their first season.
That is the whole idea behind the split season. It allows club football to continue without county players but unfortunately Tyrone clubs won't agree and will only accept a certain amount of starred games. Every other county plays away without their county men

What counties? Unsuccessful ones?

Dublin, Kerry, Mayo, Armagh all play away without county men for league. In reality county players only play championship. I would say the first 3 of them would be deemed as fairly successful

Under Lights

Quote from: Mikhailov on August 09, 2021, 09:03:08 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on August 09, 2021, 05:03:39 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on August 09, 2021, 05:01:51 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on August 09, 2021, 04:10:59 PM
They badly burned a starred game after the National League semi final. Should have been non starred fixture meaning we would be one game ahead now.

1st round of champ is 19th September apparently  :-X
Probably +1 week now

Didn't burn anything. County players are not allowed to play club football during county season unless agreed with county management. No way would they have allowed all players to play 1 league club game 3 weeks out from championship in their first season.
That is the whole idea behind the split season. It allows club football to continue without county players but unfortunately Tyrone clubs won't agree and will only accept a certain amount of starred games. Every other county plays away without their county men

What counties? Unsuccessful ones?

Dublin, Kerry, Mayo, Armagh all play away without county men for league. In reality county players only play championship. I would say the first 3 of them would be deemed as fairly successful

According to the Dublin league tables clubs, division 1 clubs have only played 6 or max 7 league games to date. Tyrone division one clubs have played 9 games.

Under Lights

i wasn't going to but I did, Mayo division 1 clubs have played 1 game.

Can't make head or tail of Kerry

Heard Paddy McBreaty on the other day and he said Club players haven't played in a year and they are waiting to play Championship final for 2020 from last August.
Edit: Donegal Division 1 clubs have played 6 or 7 games.

Mikhailov

Dublin have played 6/7 games, that is correct but they play every alternate week as they are a dual county therefore most clubs & players have played 11/12 games without county players

Mayo have 2 groups of 6 in senior league but a group championship of 3 games so that is easily played if they wait on their county men. Our senior clubs were offered 2 groups of 9 with county players to be available in the club season but turned it down as they wanted regular football for the regular club player (I agree with the clubs here) Mayo played regional competitions up to now to keep players occupied

Kerry is a mystery and I have no clue how it works but football is ongoing. Relegation is possibly via the championship but I could be wrong

Armagh play away during county season and county players rejoin when Armagh are beat and have a straight KO championship

There is no perfect solution to the problem. Tyrone have tried as have other counties but I honestly don't think anyone has come up with the perfect formula yet. With a bit of luck, the split season will sort itself our after a season or two and the correct set up will be put in place.

Eire90

Do teams with floodlights have option to play fridays what percentage of tyrone clubs have lights and would saturday afternoons not be better than sundays.

GlenMan

Quote from: Eire90 on August 10, 2021, 04:04:44 AM
Do teams with floodlights have option to play fridays what percentage of tyrone clubs have lights and would saturday afternoons not be better than sundays.

The games aren't on Sundays, they're on Saturdays. It was only Sunday last week due to the ulster minor championship.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: GlenMan on August 10, 2021, 08:31:15 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on August 10, 2021, 04:04:44 AM

The games aren't on Sundays, they're on Saturdays. It was only Sunday last week due to the ulster minor championship.
Are you sure about that? Were the games not moved to Saturday this weekend to suit the Tyrone seniors playing in the All Ireland Semi Final on the Sunday.

LeoMc

So will we get a round of league fixtures next week now?

Under Lights

Quote from: LeoMc on August 14, 2021, 06:22:34 PM
So will we get a round of league fixtures next week now?

Yes the plan is currently Sunday 22nd

Tyrone11234

So more starred games than they said there would be ?

GlenMan

Under Lights

Tyrone11234

I assume this round of fixtures is now cancelled ?

Under Lights

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 17, 2021, 03:33:01 PM
Anyone want to take a stab at club football championship predictions?

Senior, I'd go with Clonoe at the moment. Haven't seen any Intermediate games yet but looking at the league table I'd say Owen Roes would be within a shout. As for Junior, it's hard to look past Eskra at this stage.

Errigal have a decent side of the draw in D1 so will go with them.

GlenMan

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 17, 2021, 06:01:37 PM
Must be said that Errigal are the bookies favourites at the moment...

PPLBBS
Errigal Ciaran7/24/110/3
Trillick4/14/14/1
Coalisland13/211/29/2
Dromore8/18/16/1
Omagh8/110/112/1
Dungannon9/18/111/1
Killyclogher10/17/17/1
Clonoe12/18/112/1
Carrickmore14/114/116/1
Ardboe20/118/116/1
Edendork22/125/128/1
Galbally22/133/125/1
Loughmacrory25/128/125/1
Pomeroy33/133/140/1
Eglish33/133/150/1
Donaghmore50/140/150/1
Moy50/150/150/1
Derrylaughan80/150/150/1

PP = Paddy Power, LB = Ladbrokes, BS = Boyle Sports, best odds for each team in bold.

Some of those odds look to be way out. Certainly don't seem to be taking current form into account.