Cost Of Living

Started by Olly, July 03, 2022, 05:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Quote from: AustinPowers on October 25, 2022, 09:41:10 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 25, 2022, 06:22:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czmJvQCEnbE

Ordinary working people will be  in early graves due to  stress, depression, suicide, starvation, malnutrition , Or  hypothermia .  Millions of People  working their nuts off and  still  not able to even  afford the basics.   The elites  rig the game  so that only they benefit, no one else

It's genocide  . There's no other word for it

Catch a grip ffs and stay off Twitter
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Armagh18

Quote from: Saffrongael on October 25, 2022, 10:02:35 PM

Ordinary working people will be  in early graves due to  stress, depression, suicide, starvation, malnutrition , Or  hypothermia .  Millions of People  working their nuts off and  still  not able to even  afford the basics.   The elites  rig the game  so that only they benefit, no one else

Catch a grip ffs and stay off Twitter
How else would you describe it

Milltown Row2

You know this is happening globally so all the countries governments are in on it to collectively cull the poor, I suppose the pandemic didn't do it and the vaccines haven't don't it so it's now the rich rulers of the world
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 25, 2022, 10:23:21 PM
You know this is happening globally so all the countries governments are in on it to collectively cull the poor, I suppose the pandemic didn't do it and the vaccines haven't don't it so it's now the rich rulers of the world

You look with your eyes open. You have a head start on most people.

RedHand88

Who are the elites?

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 25, 2022, 10:23:21 PM

Would say genocide is a bit far

But there is 100% an agenda to strip assets from the middle classes (the working classes have already been stripped)

You'll own nothing and you'll be happy

They yearn for the 1800's where there were only aristocrats and peasants

The laugh is that they've convinced lots of people on that they will be aristocrats - and therefore they should support this

Milltown Row2

If I'm lucky, I might get to actually own my own home, I can't see my kids every owning their own homes..

There won't be any extra money left to our kids when we get older as the nursing homes will bleed any savings dry.

But I don't believe there is a higher order who sit down Spectre style and determine how they kill the poor and strip the middle earners.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I don't believe there's a higher order either but there's definitely a bigger divide and the bigger divide the more only the rich will be listened to and the bigger, and bigger, the divide will be. Truss was blatant about not giving a shite for poor people . To me it's all about donors etc. Do what you can to keep them happy and to hell with the rest. That is specific to UK but I doubt it's much different elsewhere.

Mourne Red

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63386350

To paraphrase a famous Russian boxer "If They Die, They Die". Banks approach to energy crisis

thewobbler

There is no higher order.

It's just innate human greed, permitted room to manifest itself in the most callous of ways, fuelled by politics, marketing and education converging under one umbrella in which material wealth, and increased profits by any means necessary, are the key to happiness.

imtommygunn

That's it in a nutshell.

Milltown Row2

We are handcuffed to that though, and there is no other alternative so we are swimming (against the tide a lot) to stay afloat...

Shite!!!

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2022, 08:31:17 AM
If I'm lucky, I might get to actually own my own home, I can't see my kids every owning their own homes..

There won't be any extra money left to our kids when we get older as the nursing homes will bleed any savings dry.

But I don't believe there is a higher order who sit down Spectre style and determine how they kill the poor and strip the middle earners.

I'm not referring to a specific group, like some movie villains  ;D

But asset stripping of the middle classes is definitely a hallmark of the large corporations (especially financial ones)

And politicians are bought off to enable this through policy decisions

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2022, 08:31:17 AM

Ever? I wouldn't bet the house on it.
house prices have always gone in circles, same as Antrim hurling.

seafoid

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 03, 2022, 04:13:58 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on July 03, 2022, 02:59:58 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 03, 2022, 02:50:13 PM
Has the price of a barrel not dropped lately?

Yeah but good luck waiting on them passing that on, RAC said the other day it should be 5/6p cheaper than it is. Quick to go up, slow to come down

Why are others countries more protest orientated than us, such as France. Its not like we aren't a nation of complainers. Surely at some point people need to rally against the government to significantly reduce the price of fuel, and not just by 5 or 10p.
I think the left is weaker in Ireland due to political history and emigration