Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

How much is he and the family still worth now?

Itchy

Quote from: smelmoth on November 30, 2022, 02:00:03 PM
Quote from: trailer on November 30, 2022, 01:28:19 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on November 30, 2022, 01:11:04 PM
Quote from: trailer on November 30, 2022, 09:28:56 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on November 30, 2022, 09:24:34 AM
The 1.65bn is what they are saying it 'could' rise to - which Noonan himself thought that was dodgy going by that article - I meant though what 2% on each insurance premium comes to over 10 years. I would have thought even those estimates would be rightly covered by now

Yeah I agree with you. The 2% levy is bound to have covered the loss at this point.

Any numbers?

June 21

However, since 2010 the amount collected under these specific stamp duties is c.€1.6 billion
https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/question/2021-06-02/98/#pq-answers-98

If I was you I would read that article again.It differentiates between the levy and the stamp duty. You appear to be extracting an answer about the stamp duty to provide information about the levy.

Quinn's lasting gift to Irish society is the levy. The stamp duty is a separate debate

He also left another gift, 1000s of jobs still in place in the Cavan/Fermanagh area, 100's of families able to put bread on the table and put their kids through school and not have to emigrate or move away to cities. I accept he made a massive mistake and we must all pay for it now but you also need to accept the good that he did too in an area all but abandoned by governments north and south.

trailer

The 1.65bn is what they are saying it 'could' rise to - which Noonan himself thought that was dodgy going by that article - I meant though what 2% on each insurance premium comes to over 10 years. I would have thought even those estimates would be rightly covered by now

Yeah I agree with you. The 2% levy is bound to have covered the loss at this point.

Any numbers?

June 21

However, since 2010 the amount collected under these specific stamp duties is c.€1.6 billion

If I was you I would read that article again.It differentiates between the levy and the stamp duty. You appear to be extracting an answer about the stamp duty to provide information about the levy.

Quinn's lasting gift to Irish society is the levy. The stamp duty is a separate debate

Even if this is the case why would the levy have to cover his losses. The economy has recovered beyond expectations and money could easily be taken from a greater tax take to cover this. It is the Irish peoples money after all. The government just chose to burden the people with this levy.

Franko

Any numbers?

June 21

Usual debate here - evidenced by ridiculous lines such as that in bold

We have the great chattering masses who have aligned themselves firmly in 2 camps

They either believe that:

a. Sean Quinn was a criminal mastermind and a thief
b. Sean Quinn was akin to God himself

The truth, as ever, is somewhere in between

Wildweasel74

He fucked up, lost the run of himself trying to make 5 children billionaires. Jumped into different fields on a whim, hit lucky on most, till shares killed him. The legality of buying shares under various names, firms was his downfall. Big man in Fermanagh but his ego looked to be the size of trump, talking about himself in the 3rd person. Why anybody wants to start buying up half Eastern Europe when they have 3 billion is anyone's guess. Pure Greed finished him in the end. Make alot of money in insurance but seemed to put little aside for major event changing claims. Little sympathy for him to be honest. He alone responsible for his downfall.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 30, 2022, 04:42:23 PM
He fucked up, lost the run of himself trying to make 5 children billionaires. Jumped into different fields on a whim, hit lucky on most, till shares killed him. The legality of buying shares under various names, firms was his downfall. Big man in Fermanagh but his ego looked to be the size of trump, talking about himself in the 3rd person. Why anybody wants to start buying up half Eastern Europe when they have 3 billion is anyone's guess. Pure Greed finished him in the end. Make alot of money in insurance but seemed to put little aside for major event changing claims. Little sympathy for him to be honest. He alone responsible for his downfall.

Cfds are undeclared. He bought via different brokers. Not under different names.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Wildweasel74

Doubt Quinn fancies himself as a godfather, everything keeps coming bck to poor me, am above the law. Felt bad he lost his firm, all he built up, watching that, he seems to be abit delusional about what happens when you go into administration. Seen a few big companies go South. The wife hardly comes across well.

trueblue1234

Alan Dukes comes across as an awful smug p***k.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

screenexile

Reminds me of the Henry Sellers character in Father Ted!!

Truth hurts

Quote from: screenexile on December 01, 2022, 12:40:17 AM
Reminds me of the Henry Sellers character in Father Ted!!

Bloody priests, sanctimonious scumbags!  ;) :D

skeog

Poor Mrs Quinn plying the Curate with fine wine and cheese for him to be a backstabber.

WT4E

Don't know who to blame in this one however the attack on Kevin Lunney is strange.

Surely Quinns would have known this was a step too far and would not benefit them? And as the programme confirms Dublin Jimmy could only have done this for money.

So who paid him? People assume Quinns but who did this attack benefit? It put an end to Quinn support so would there not be a theory that the attack could have been organised by someone on Lunney etc als side?

The priest speech at mass also was a bit much IMO hanging a man who had not been been proved guilty.... a bit unchristian

Ps I'm not a quinn supporter

LeoMc

Quote from: NAG1 on November 30, 2022, 03:07:35 PM
How much is he and the family still worth now?
Officially or unofficially?

Rossfan

Quote from: WT4E on December 01, 2022, 10:06:16 AM
Don't know who to blame in this one however the attack on Kevin Lunney is strange.

Surely Quinns would have known this was a step too far and would not benefit them? And as the programme confirms Dublin Jimmy could only have done this for money.

So who paid him? People assume Quinns but who did this attack benefit? It put an end to Quinn support so would there not be a theory that the attack could have been organised by someone on Lunney etc als side?

Ah here ffs!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Louther

Quote from: WT4E on December 01, 2022, 10:06:16 AM

The priest speech at mass also was a bit much IMO hanging a man who had not been been proved guilty.... a bit unchristian

Ps I'm not a quinn supporter

Is that you Mrs Quinn?