Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: johnnycool on November 18, 2022, 10:23:49 AM
Downpatrick the same, nice, new hospital but can't staff it, whereas the Ulster is also being redeveloped and they can't staff half the wards in it either, so some decent infrastructure but no one to staff the bloody things.
Pay staff a decent wage, decent hours and work environment and make it an attractive profession again would go a long way.

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 18, 2022, 10:16:36 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 18, 2022, 09:52:25 AM
Needs to be a hospital in that part of the country! Health service top to bottom is a disgrace

There is one. Altnagelvin. Fermanagh does not have the population to staff the SWAH.
How far away is Altnagelvin from Enniskillen? Maybe I'm just spoilt having Daisy Hill and Craigavon a stones throw away with Belfast only a spin up the dual carriageway as well.

trailer

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 18, 2022, 10:29:13 AM
Quote from: trailer on November 18, 2022, 10:18:43 AM
Needs to be a hospital in that part of the country! Health service top to bottom is a disgrace

Why do you think this? Honest question.

Decades of having everything on your doorstep has left people thinking they're hard done by when the hospital locations are rationalised.
I don't understand the point of the protests either other than an electioneering opportunity for MLAs. Unless they can pull a few surgeons out of their sleeve then it's completely pointless. It isn't a piece of legislation or government policy that left SWAH without a surgeon, it's because there is nobody there to take the job.

Completely and I communicated this to the SDLP councillors pulling the same stuff as well. Leadership is what is needed and yet Gildernew ran straight to the parish pump this morning.

Rossfan

Quote from: screenexile on November 18, 2022, 12:24:29 AM
There's still a housing crisis/ a homeless crisis/ inflation/ pubs are on their knees/ there aren't enough taxis in Dublin/ there aren't enough hotels in Dublin/ Direct provision / the "twindemic"/ the Ukraine refugee situation/ MICA redress in Donegal... etc

Plenty to beat the current Govt with
Keep shouting "CHANGE" and all that will go away!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

Health service is very very broken. It is now beyond creaking. I dunno if it's fixable tbh which has probably been the end goal for a number of people anyway  :(

Major staffing issues. Brexit wouldn't have helped either I don't think as a lot of foreign people just don't want to be in the UK now. You're clearing the countries of a lot of foreign people that you need to keep your country afloat. Couldn't make that stuff up.

If you pay people at least close to a decent wage maybe more people will join and if you have better conditions maybe more would.

It's really really broken and it is very concerning.

armaghniac

Counties Tyrone, Fermanagh, Cavan and Monaghan should be able to sustain a substantial hospital between them. The failure has been to connect the first two counties to the second.
The medical school in Derry needs to get open, which will provide more staff generally away from Belfast.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Snapchap

Quote from: Rossfan on November 18, 2022, 10:34:53 AM
There's still a housing crisis/ a homeless crisis/ inflation/ pubs are on their knees/ there aren't enough taxis in Dublin/ there aren't enough hotels in Dublin/ Direct provision / the "twindemic"/ the Ukraine refugee situation/ MICA redress in Donegal... etc

OR keep voting FG? Leo said the housing crisis can't be fixed overnight so he needs more time. He's only had, what, 12 years?

imtommygunn

Leo is a spoofer. That much is clear to everyone by now.

Snapchap

There is one. Altnagelvin. Fermanagh does not have the population to staff the SWAH.

So f** all those from Tyrone & Fermanagh who live well outside the 'golden hour' away from Altnagelvin?

Rossfan

Quote from: Snapchap on November 18, 2022, 10:53:45 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 18, 2022, 10:34:53 AM

OR keep voting FG? Leo said the housing crisis can't be fixed overnight so he needs more time. He's only had, what, 12 years?
Maybe he should have shouted "CHANGE" and a load of houses would appear (in Constituencies where Shinners didn't object  of course).
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on November 18, 2022, 10:55:35 AM

So f** all those from Tyrone & Fermanagh who live well outside the 'golden hour' away from Altnagelvin?

No dupid

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 18, 2022, 10:32:13 AM

How far away is Altnagelvin from Enniskillen? Maybe I'm just spoilt having Daisy Hill and Craigavon a stones throw away with Belfast only a spin up the dual carriageway as well.

Hour and 10. 50 miles. Beautifully demonstrates my point on roads

trueblue1234

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 18, 2022, 11:41:50 AM

You would never make it in 1 hr 10. I'm between Dromore and Omagh and will take anything from 1hr to 1hr 15 depending on traffic. Enniskillen another 20- 25 mins on that. I've done the trip regularly unfortunately.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trailer

Quote from: Snapchap on November 18, 2022, 10:55:35 AM

Hospitals aren't just emergency departments. This is the misunderstanding that people have and politicians have a duty to explain that to their communities.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 18, 2022, 11:53:58 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 18, 2022, 11:41:50 AM

You would never make it in 1 hr 10. I'm between Dromore and Omagh and will take anything from 1hr to 1hr 15 depending on traffic. Enniskillen another 20- 25 mins on that. I've done the trip regularly unfortunately.

Infrastructure not  hospitals dotted everywhere is what we need .

But you need good strategy at govt  level for that . SF/DUP don't fit that bill.

We have far more hospitals per head of population than rest of Ireland and uk.