Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on November 18, 2022, 07:31:01 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 18, 2022, 06:48:35 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on November 18, 2022, 06:42:39 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 17, 2022, 10:11:40 PM
How are SF going to keep up the pretence that FF /FG are killing the country as the Irish economy continues to grow

So you no longer support Aontú? FF/FG is the way to go?

Sticking with one party religiously despite any misgivings isn't a good thing. You should be prepared to move your vote.
Indeed. But Aontú to FFG is quite the leap so can hardly blame me for confirming that he has made such a remarkable transition.

I haven't . I'm merely pointing out how difficult it will be to convince voters when the country is doing comparatively well. Sure hadn't Joe brolly spent few days tweeting about this.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: screenexile on November 18, 2022, 12:24:29 AM
There's still a housing crisis/ a homeless crisis/ inflation/ pubs are on their knees/ there aren't enough taxis in Dublin/ there aren't enough hotels in Dublin/ Direct provision / the "twindemic"/ the Ukraine refugee situation/ MICA redress in Donegal... etc

Plenty to beat the current Govt with

I agree. But i don't think SF will sort it and voters kinda starting to realize it. Bar Mica you could say the above about many a country.

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 18, 2022, 08:12:36 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on November 18, 2022, 07:31:01 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 18, 2022, 06:48:35 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on November 18, 2022, 06:42:39 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 17, 2022, 10:11:40 PM
How are SF going to keep up the pretence that FF /FG are killing the country as the Irish economy continues to grow

So you no longer support Aontú? FF/FG is the way to go?

Sticking with one party religiously despite any misgivings isn't a good thing. You should be prepared to move your vote.
Indeed. But Aontú to FFG is quite the leap so can hardly blame me for confirming that he has made such a remarkable transition.

I haven't . I'm merely pointing out how difficult it will be to convince voters when the country is doing comparatively well. Sure hadn't Joe brolly spent few days tweeting about this.
Oh I see. So how are Aountú going to "keep up the pretence that FF /FG are killing the country as the Irish economy continues to grow"?

Armagh18

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 18, 2022, 08:16:22 AM
There's still a housing crisis/ a homeless crisis/ inflation/ pubs are on their knees/ there aren't enough taxis in Dublin/ there aren't enough hotels in Dublin/ Direct provision / the "twindemic"/ the Ukraine refugee situation/ MICA redress in Donegal... etc

I agree. But i don't think SF will sort it and voters kinda starting to realize it. Bar Mica you could say the above about many a country.
Whats the alternative? Leave it with the bastards that made the mess?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 18, 2022, 09:23:35 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 18, 2022, 08:16:22 AM

Whats the alternative? Leave it with the bastards that made the mess?

No give to SF,it will be fun in a recession. Popcorn moment

trailer

Sinn Fein chickens coming home to roost with their vanity hospital in Enniskillen. Can't staff it. Services moved to Craigavon. Which is exactly what Bengoa recommended by the way! Colm Gildernew crying looking for Health reform and when it happens in his constituency (and mine) he's against it. Couldn't make it up. The hospital was built to shore up his sisters MP vote and now we can see how poor their decision making was.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trailer on November 18, 2022, 09:39:48 AM
Sinn Fein chickens coming home to roost with their vanity hospital in Enniskillen. Can't staff it. Services moved to Craigavon. Which is exactly what Bengoa recommended by the way! Colm Gildernew crying looking for Health reform and when it happens in his constituency (and mine) he's against it. Couldn't make it up. The hospital was built to shore up his sisters MP vote and now we can see how poor their decision making was.

They are not strategic thinkers who can make hard nosed decisions. It is all about the easy vote for the non deep thinkers

Armagh18

Needs to be a hospital in that part of the country! Health service top to bottom is a disgrace

Hereiam

The building of the SWAH and the glorified health centre that was also built in Omagh has been the biggest waste of public money

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 18, 2022, 09:52:25 AM
Needs to be a hospital in that part of the country! Health service top to bottom is a disgrace

We have too many hospitals for our small population.

We need to be hard nosed about this , altnagelvin and Belfast enough with smaller A and É elsewhere. Road and transport infrastructure to get people to the hospitals bigger priority.

This is a bigger example of how SF messed up primary Irish medium language schools in Derry. Approved more and more without the sustainability figures and now we have 3 islands who each can't get permanent build because they are too small

Ruane and ní chuilinn, not your brightest sparks

RedHand88

There is one. Altnagelvin. Fermanagh does not have the population to staff the SWAH.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 18, 2022, 10:16:36 AM

There is one. Altnagelvin. Fermanagh does not have the population to staff the SWAH.

This exactly.

trailer

Why do you think this? Honest question.

johnnycool

Downpatrick the same, nice, new hospital but can't staff it, whereas the Ulster is also being redeveloped and they can't staff half the wards in it either, so some decent infrastructure but no one to staff the bloody things.

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on November 18, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Why do you think this? Honest question.

Decades of having everything on your doorstep has left people thinking they're hard done by when the hospital locations are rationalised.
I don't understand the point of the protests either other than an electioneering opportunity for MLAs. Unless they can pull a few surgeons out of their sleeve then it's completely pointless. It isn't a piece of legislation or government policy that left SWAH without a surgeon, it's because there is nobody there to take the job.