Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Gmac on September 21, 2022, 03:52:46 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 21, 2022, 01:06:05 PM
Quote from: Gmac on September 20, 2022, 09:46:29 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 20, 2022, 08:22:38 PM
Quote from: Gmac on September 20, 2022, 07:15:01 PM
Biden administration has flown 450k immigrants all over the country is that human trafficking?
2 Million known border crossings this year not including getaways yet Kamala goes on tv and says the border is secure holding back laughter, a joke of an administration

Are they flying them around under false pretenses? Leaving them stranded with no support for their asylum processes. Doing what Texas has been doing to some of those they dump in NY and just listing their addresses with the immigration agencies as that of the NY Catholic Charities office, who then get paperwork and court documents for people they've had no encounter with?

Is the apprehension of two million people attempting to cross a sign of an insecure border?

What are the estimates for how many get through undetected?

There are twice as many border patrol officers as there were 20 years ago (it peaked under Obama). Throw in all the tech such as drones and cameras that they didn't possess back then too.
they surrender at border not apprehended  and the reason they do that is because they are released and given a court date which very few show up for , the reason there are more border patrol agents is for processing millions of immigrants not for protecting the border and would make sense it peaked under  Obama administration . I'm sure the same number or more get through undetected , so for this year over 1% of current population would be illegal entries to the USA oh my

What are the stats on the numbers who show up for the court dates? You've made the claim before that most of them don't show up and, from I recall, were not able to back it up. Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for number of undetected entries, CBP data in this American Immigration Council report does not reflect your contention:

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/rising-border-encounters-in-2021
there's more than one hearing for each case , when the writing is on the wall that they will be deported no one shows up for final hearing.

So that is "most of them"? Do you have a source?

Gabriel_Hurl

I'll leave it to the legal minds but this NY AG press conference doesn't seem good for the ex-President

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 21, 2022, 04:55:11 PM
I'll leave it to the legal minds but this NY AG press conference doesn't seem good for the ex-President
Initial thoughts

Real estate guys inflating property values for lending purposes and deflating them for tax purposes-it's been happening since the Stone Age

How many other real estate developers are currently being investigated for similar "crimes" or is Trump the only one?

These financial institutions have experts-highly educated, highly paid and experienced-who determine what the valuations are. They don't just take Trumps word for what a building or property is worth.

I think the tax aspect is probably more worrisome but if people are thinking this will finish him off-I wouldn't hold my breath

J70

Of course it won't finish him. If it absolutely comes down to it, someone else will take the fall, like every time before.

Have to laugh at the other issue though - his lawyers STILL won't say in court whether or not he REALLY declassified the documents, even after they got their bullshit special master. The special master ( a real actual qualified judge this time) told them to put up or shut up.

A bit like all the corrosive, made-up nonsense he spewed in the aftermath (and to this day) on the election. None of it ended up before a judge.

Then you might actually be legally accountable.

lenny

Quote from: whitey on September 21, 2022, 06:59:39 PM
Initial thoughts

Real estate guys inflating property values for lending purposes and deflating them for tax purposes-it's been happening since the Stone Age

How many other real estate developers are currently being investigated for similar "crimes" or is Trump the only one?

These financial institutions have experts-highly educated, highly paid and experienced-who determine what the valuations are. They don't just take Trumps word for what a building or property is worth.

I think the tax aspect is probably more worrisome but if people are thinking this will finish him off-I wouldn't hold my breath

Will trump go down the same way as Al Capone, another American criminal who was eventually imprisoned for tax evasion.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: lenny on September 21, 2022, 08:53:05 PM
Initial thoughts

Will trump go down the same way as Al Capone, another American criminal who was eventually imprisoned for tax evasion.

I think so. They'll nail him for something eventually.

Gmac

Another smoke screen on the same day  Interest rate goes up another. .75 %
Inflation at 40 year high
Gas prices at an all time high
Not enough electricity to keep grids functional
Border crossings at an all time high as Venezuela empties its prisons and sends them to the border as Cuba did in the seventies.
A senile man,  a puppet to extremists as president.
Fbi a personal gestapo for senile man and the puppet master extremists.
Illegal immigrants suing governors.
Afghanistan debacle.
Sending billions to Ukraine as Americans go under .
Pandemic over one night next day no it's not , we will defend Taiwan with troops next day no we won't
A joke of a president and administration

whitey

Initial thoughts

In the same way that lenders have experts who value properties, states, cities and towns have similar experts called assessors

Were these various real estate assessors across numerous municipalities in kahoots with Trump and actively committing fraud to give him lower assessments so he could pay less taxes:, I highly doubt it

IMHO Trump chanced his arm and seems to have gotten  away with it (up until now), and either the assessors  were grossly incompetent or they were working alongside him. I think this will be very hard to prosecute

Didn't he actually brag at a debate about using every loophole known to mankind to lower his taxes

Gmac

Quote from: whitey on September 21, 2022, 09:41:47 PM
Initial thoughts

In the same way that lenders have experts who value properties, states, cities and towns have similar experts called assessors

Were these various real estate assessors across numerous municipalities in kahoots with Trump and actively committing fraud to give him lower assessments so he could pay less taxes:, I highly doubt it

IMHO Trump chanced his arm and seems to have gotten  away with it (up until now), and either the assessors  were grossly incompetent or they were working alongside him. I think this will be very hard to prosecute

Didn't he actually brag at a debate about using every loophole known to mankind to lower his taxes
all civil actions, why  no felonies if so bad ?

Main Street

I read that the QAnon Republican Party presidential candidate Trump called the NY AG, Letitia James, "a racist". There's no bottom to this person's peculiar pit of depravity.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on September 21, 2022, 09:48:40 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 21, 2022, 09:41:47 PM
Initial thoughts

all civil actions, why  no felonies if so bad ?

One thing at a time. Those might come as they're currently under investigation. James made a referral to the US Attorneys office too.

J70

Quote from: Main Street on September 21, 2022, 11:46:54 PM
I read that the QAnon Republican Party presidential candidate Trump called the NY AG, Letitia James, "a racist". There's no bottom to this person's peculiar pit of depravity.

There isn't.

Is the weekend's full embrace of QAnon a sign of him getting worried?

Maybe DeSantis is stealing his thunder in appealing to the basest instincts of certain sections of the US electorate.

J70

I'll leave it to the legal minds but this NY AG press conference doesn't seem good for the ex President
Initial thoughts

How many other real estate developers are currently being investigated for similar "crimes" or is Trump the only one?[\b]

As I said last time you made this point:

How many of those other real estate developers were investigated by Congress where evidence of potential serious fraud was presented by their former right hand man/fixer, and had their accounting firm disavow a decade of financial statements?

Do you think those types of revelations should just be allowed to fade away into the night, especially when the President in question point blank refuses to lift the lid on his finances like every other president (and candidate) of either party in recent history?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on September 22, 2022, 01:40:04 AM
I'll leave it to the legal minds but this NY AG press conference doesn't seem good for the ex President
Initial thoughts

How many other real estate developers are currently being investigated for similar "crimes" or is Trump the only one?[\b]

As I said last time you made this point:

How many of those other real estate developers were investigated by Congress where evidence of potential serious fraud was presented by their former right hand man/fixer, and had their accounting firm disavow a decade of financial statements?

Do you think those types of revelations should just be allowed to fade away into the night, especially when the President in question point blank refuses to lift the lid on his finances like every other president (and candidate) of either party in recent history?

I don't know and really don't care....the bottom line is if he broke the law he should be prosecuted

But what I do know is that Letisha James said in her campaign launch that she was going to get Trump

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/31/nyregion/tish-james-attorney-general-trump.html

Even The NY Times questioned the wisdom of her actions

What would you think of a Republican AG who campaigns in the state of Delaware, that if elected his/her number one goal is to make Joe and Hunter Biden her number one target

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2022/09/21/james-lawsuit-trump-longstanding-battle-00058128

"During that campaign, she made it clear that Trump would be her top target — remarks that have left the former president, a New York native, stewing ever since."

J70

I would think that if there is legitimate cause to investigate as there is with Trump, then it should be done, regardless of who it is.