The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

fearbrags

Open borders not a bad thing at all ??, We need labor in the Construction industry at least here in Texas . I would say building sites here  are now  90% Hispanic be it plumbers Electricians Carpenters  (illegals and their children) . Generally  Young   Americans ,Irish, English , dont seem to want to do this type  of work no more , Just Like the Irish did back in the day in England and the Usa ,  The Mexicans   are filling the void today , . I came here 28 years ago , there was a sprinkling (not many)of Irish  and English in the trades back then . All the young ex pats  coming  today are in IT or sales . Generally One thing hasn't changed they all get married quickly  hmm  Green cards ? ""Done it they right way"" a guy once told me , But we are not suppose to talk about it . The immigration process is a fkin joke , De Santas Abbots dont care a fig really, they just use the issue to please their base and more importantly their sponsors.  I dont  believe  Bidden cares much either , Ffs He being in office for 50 years,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B3PTuADIHQ

I put this up before and funny enough nobody responded ?     ;)

Eamonnca1

I know a lad with a painting business who says he can get a handful of boys from Guatemala to do the work a lot easier than he can get Irish kids, and they'll work a lot harder and complain a lot less. Irish immigrants to the states now are a lot more white collar than they used to be, which is no bad thing. Eventually the Latinos will get their turn too.

Gmac

Biden administration has flown 450k immigrants all over the country is that human trafficking?
2 Million known border crossings this year not including getaways yet Kamala goes on tv and says the border is secure holding back laughter, a joke of an administration

J70

Quote from: Gmac on September 20, 2022, 07:15:01 PM
Biden administration has flown 450k immigrants all over the country is that human trafficking?
2 Million known border crossings this year not including getaways yet Kamala goes on tv and says the border is secure holding back laughter, a joke of an administration

Are they flying them around under false pretenses? Leaving them stranded with no support for their asylum processes. Doing what Texas has been doing to some of those they dump in NY and just listing their addresses with the immigration agencies as that of the NY Catholic Charities office, who then get paperwork and court documents for people they've had no encounter with?

Is the apprehension of two million people attempting to cross a sign of an insecure border?

What are the estimates for how many get through undetected?

There are twice as many border patrol officers as there were 20 years ago (it peaked under Obama). Throw in all the tech such as drones and cameras that they didn't possess back then too.

J70

Quote from: fearbrags on September 20, 2022, 03:09:28 PM
Open borders not a bad thing at all ??, We need labor in the Construction industry at least here in Texas . I would say building sites here  are now  90% Hispanic be it plumbers Electricians Carpenters  (illegals and their children) . Generally  Young   Americans ,Irish, English , dont seem to want to do this type  of work no more , Just Like the Irish did back in the day in England and the Usa ,  The Mexicans   are filling the void today , . I came here 28 years ago , there was a sprinkling (not many)of Irish  and English in the trades back then . All the young ex pats  coming  today are in IT or sales . Generally One thing hasn't changed they all get married quickly  hmm  Green cards ? ""Done it they right way"" a guy once told me , But we are not suppose to talk about it . The immigration process is a fkin joke , De Santas Abbots dont care a fig really, they just use the issue to please their base and more importantly their sponsors.  I dont  believe  Bidden cares much either , Ffs He being in office for 50 years,%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B3PTuADIHQ

I put this up before and funny enough nobody responded ?     ;)

I watched some of it.

I guarantee you all those screaming about Hunter Biden selling influence and George Soros funding left wing causes don't bat an eyelid at obscure right wing billionaires providing 95% of the funding for candidates like that to do their bidding.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on September 20, 2022, 08:22:38 PM

Are they flying them around under false pretenses? Leaving them stranded with no support for their asylum processes. Doing what Texas has been doing to some of those they dump in NY and just listing their addresses with the immigration agencies as that of the NY Catholic Charities office, who then get paperwork and court documents for people they've had no encounter with?

Is the apprehension of two million people attempting to cross a sign of an insecure border?

There are twice as many border patrol officers as there were 20 years ago (it peaked under Obama). Throw in all the tech such as drones and cameras that they didn't possess back then too.

I guess it depends on your definition of "false pretenses"

Seemingly these people were living on the street when they were approached without even a roof over their head

They were (supposedly) offered an opportunity to relocate to a wealthy town in a sanctuary state that has significantly greater resources that what was available to them in Texas

J70

Quote from: whitey on September 20, 2022, 08:41:47 PM

Seemingly these people were living on the street when they were approached without even a roof over their head

They were (supposedly) offered an opportunity to relocate to a wealthy town in a sanctuary state that has significantly greater resources that what was available to them in Texas

It is being reported that to get them to agree they were promised the relatively generous benefits that are only available to already-approved refugees (which they are nowhere near being), and also that they were told they were going to Boston.

Gmac

they surrender at border not apprehended  and the reason they do that is because they are released and given a court date which very few show up for , the reason there are more border patrol agents is for processing millions of immigrants not for protecting the border and would make sense it peaked under  Obama administration . I'm sure the same number or more get through undetected , so for this year over 1% of current population would be illegal entries to the USA oh my

whitey

Quote from: J70 on September 20, 2022, 09:29:36 PM

It is being reported that to get them to agree they were promised the relatively generous benefits that are only available to already-approved refugees (which they are nowhere near being), and also that they were told they were going to Boston.

Ive no doubt they were misled, but from everything I've read, they are in a much better situation today than what they were in below in Texas

Gmac

The immune are suing Desantis ffs you couldn't make it up

Gmac

Quote from: Gmac on September 21, 2022, 02:59:07 AM
The immune are suing Desantis ffs you couldn't make it up
immigrants that  should read , immune to the law and Covid

J70

Quote from: whitey on September 20, 2022, 10:54:14 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 20, 2022, 09:29:36 PM

Ive no doubt they were misled, but from everything I've read, they are in a much better situation today than what they were in below in Texas

Fair enough, but that doesn't excuse their abuse of these people for a political stunt.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on September 20, 2022, 09:46:29 PM

they surrender at border not apprehended  and the reason they do that is because they are released and given a court date which very few show up for , the reason there are more border patrol agents is for processing millions of immigrants not for protecting the border and would make sense it peaked under  Obama administration . I'm sure the same number or more get through undetected , so for this year over 1% of current population would be illegal entries to the USA oh my

What are the stats on the numbers who show up for the court dates? You've made the claim before that most of them don't show up and, from I recall, were not able to back it up. Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for number of undetected entries, CBP data in this American Immigration Council report does not reflect your contention:

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/rising-border-encounters-in-2021

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on September 21, 2022, 01:06:05 PM
Quote from: Gmac on September 20, 2022, 09:46:29 PM

What are the stats on the numbers who show up for the court dates? You've made the claim before that most of them don't show up and, from I recall, were not able to back it up. Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for number of undetected entries, CBP data in this American Immigration Council report does not reflect your contention:

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/rising-border-encounters-in-2021
there's more than one hearing for each case , when the writing is on the wall that they will be deported no one shows up for final hearing.