Author Topic: Cost Of Living  (Read 25536 times)

mackers

• View Profile
Re: Cost Of Living
« Reply #495 on: September 29, 2022, 04:23:19 PM »
The predictions were that Truss would oust Johnson as the worst UK prime minister in living memory and she is certainly living up to that bill which takes some doing. Listening to her being interviewed this morning and she is so wooden and robotic it is painful. She has no answer only to blame Putin! I think she is only a puppet however and was put forward as leader to become the sacrificial lamb for the ERG section of the party.

I'm convinced that this UK government will not last its full term and that the ERG were aware that their goose is almost cooked. The Tories are on the road to being obliterated at the next election and it will be delightful to watch it unfold as they are among some of the biggest vultures in society. History will not be kind to them and rightfully so but unfortunately thousands of ordinary people will be left picking up the can for their self interest and ineptitude.     

In fairness, Sunak, who obviously had half an economic brain in his head for all his faults, made it clear during the leadership campaign that now was not the time for tax cuts.  He said that if he became leader he would ride out the storm before cutting taxes.  Truss made it clear that she would do so immediately so the Tory membership have a lot to answer for voting the silly bitch in.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Kidder81

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 29, 2022, 04:58:38 PM »
Canít even load up on the gas before the increased rates kick in on 1 October according to Martin Lewis, the sneaky c***ts send the new rates to the shops top up machines weeks in advance so on 1 October you will be on the hook for the new increase rate, regardless of when you bought the gas  :-\

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 29, 2022, 05:07:07 PM »
The predictions were that Truss would oust Johnson as the worst UK prime minister in living memory and she is certainly living up to that bill which takes some doing. Listening to her being interviewed this morning and she is so wooden and robotic it is painful. She has no answer only to blame Putin! I think she is only a puppet however and was put forward as leader to become the sacrificial lamb for the ERG section of the party.

I'm convinced that this UK government will not last its full term and that the ERG were aware that their goose is almost cooked. The Tories are on the road to being obliterated at the next election and it will be delightful to watch it unfold as they are among some of the biggest vultures in society. History will not be kind to them and rightfully so but unfortunately thousands of ordinary people will be left picking up the can for their self interest and ineptitude.     

In fairness, Sunak, who obviously had half an economic brain in his head for all his faults, made it clear during the leadership campaign that now was not the time for tax cuts.  He said that if he became leader he would ride out the storm before cutting taxes.  Truss made it clear that she would do so immediately so the Tory membership have a lot to answer for voting the silly bitch in.

That's precisely it though. They voted in a rudderless puppet who they knew would dance to their tune most. It was never about the greater good of the country for those ERG far right types. Not that Sunak is a prospective world leader but he at least does have a decent concept of finance and almost everything that he predicted came to pass after the mini budget.   

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 29, 2022, 06:41:06 PM »
The budget was bollocks - admit it. The rest of the world has. You don't have to be Jim Corr to think that.

We're all fucked. Happy?

Weíre not all fucked but the budget was shit  ;D

TwoUpTwoDown

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 29, 2022, 09:09:03 PM »
Don't know if this has already been asked, but am I best to top up my electric by a couple of hundred before these price hikes?

Kidder81

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 29, 2022, 09:22:28 PM »
Don't know if this has already been asked, but am I best to top up my electric by a couple of hundred before these price hikes?

I had a post about this on up the page, you canít do it on gas. Depending on your electric meter you may be able to but they may try and claim it back

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/prepay-top-up-trick/

pbat

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 29, 2022, 09:55:33 PM »

I am with Power NI on a top up meter, I loaded my meter before the June hike and weekly usage has been the same since March. So I think it works, I going to give another significant top-up tomorrow so I will remain on the June rate into next year. 

Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 29, 2022, 10:19:37 PM »
OK folks so I had credit on my keypad meter but i thought I would try the trick of topping up more before October 1st but Electric Ireland have already sent me a long code which will automatically change the rate come October 1st so ideally I'd like to hold off on putting in the new top up and keep getting the existing credit at the lower rate but was just wondering was there a time limit I have to use the new top up by?

JohnDenver

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 29, 2022, 10:41:34 PM »
OK folks so I had credit on my keypad meter but i thought I would try the trick of topping up more before October 1st but Electric Ireland have already sent me a long code which will automatically change the rate come October 1st so ideally I'd like to hold off on putting in the new top up and keep getting the existing credit at the lower rate but was just wondering was there a time limit I have to use the new top up by?

Not sure on the expiry length of the topup Ghost, might be worth checking in with them.

With Electric Ireland myself, had to top up in the last week and got the 40 digit code, which means I will move over to the new rates on 1st October.  My own fault for not reading the finer detail of the tariff increase emails

With your first top up from 10 September you will receive a one-off 40 digit code to enter into your keypad meter in preparation for the price increase on 1st October 2022. This will be 20 calendar days from the price change taking effect. It is important to top up your meter with the 40 digit code prior to any further top ups, as these may not be accepted until the 40 digit code has been entered.

So if I had been on the ball before 10 September, and topped up a lump sum it would have kept me on the current tariff until it ran done.

I am with Power NI on a top up meter, I loaded my meter before the June hike and weekly usage has been the same since March. So I think it works, I going to give another significant top-up tomorrow so I will remain on the June rate into next year. 

pbat - I would try to see when powerni topup time is, I would imagine it's already too late. If you have credit sitting you'd be as well letting it run low.

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: Today at 03:38:49 PM »
I see the scams are out already for cost of living benefits!! Had two messages sent to phone already today! 

Some parasites about
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: Today at 05:15:41 PM »
I see the scams are out already for cost of living benefits!! Had two messages sent to phone already today! 

Some parasites about

My daughter got them to her phone. Looking gullible people to fleece