TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: lenny on January 08, 2017, 06:38:31 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 08, 2017, 04:31:40 PM
What shows are decent on amazon prime and netflixs. I think I have watched all the good ones apart from Braquo. Is Vikings any good? I see one called 'Start up' that I might try as well.

The bridge is superb if you don't mind watching in subtitles. Swedish/Danish show. First 2 series on netflix. I've also got the 3rd series on dvd.

I've seen it. Good show!
Might try that Taboo one Benny is talkin about.

Milltown Row2

Best show on tv at the minute for me is, This is us.... brilliantly acted and touches you every time!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Newbridge Exile

Just finished series 1 of preacher,  it won't be everyones cup of tea but I really enjoyed it( ,I wasn't familiar with the comic book seriesits s based on and didn't know what to expect from it )

Take Your Points

Quote from: JimStynes on January 07, 2017, 08:59:50 AM
Finished season 2 of Bosch. Quite a good show to be fair.
Any other good cop shows worth trying? The Shield and the Wire will be hard to beat!

You should try Justified set in Harlan Kentucky.  Stars Timothy Olyphant and you will recognise Walton Goggins from the Shield.

6 series and 78 episode were shown on Fox.

Not in same league as The Wire or The Shield but very enjoyable with a range of great characters who run across the series. High body count.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justified_(TV_series)

Gold

Quote from: bennydorano on January 08, 2017, 05:45:54 PM
First episode of Taboo on BBC1 last night was class. Tom Hardy at his menacing best.

Just watched it. Class
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

laoislad

Quote from: 5 Sams on January 06, 2017, 10:33:58 AM
Pleasantly surprised by Tommy Tiernan's new show last night. Good interview with Christy Dignam and this wasnt hard to look at either... :D

Triplet model sisters on it tonight.....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

5 Sams

Quote from: laoislad on January 12, 2017, 10:52:10 PM
Pleasantly surprised by Tommy Tiernan's new show last night. Good interview with Christy Dignam and this wasnt hard to look at either... :D

Suuush...I have it taped...Im still on Ray dARSEy
The Aristocrat Years

5 Sams

Quote from: laoislad on January 12, 2017, 10:52:10 PM

Excellent show again...he is the amateur talk show host and he wiped the floor with the supposed professional dARSEy.
The Aristocrat Years

Boycey

It's the perfect show for him...

Captain Obvious

Triple vision on the Tommy Tiernan show.

screenexile

Still not quite sure what happened last night in Sherlock ??? :o ::)

Boycey

Any of you Yanks watch the new Homeland last night?

ziggysego

Quote from: screenexile on January 16, 2017, 09:56:53 AM
Still not quite sure what happened last night in Sherlock ??? :o ::)

Still scratching my head. It was a decent episode for excitement value, but Moffat and Gatiss really threw everything at it last night.
Testing Accessibility

lurganblue

Quote from: Gold on January 10, 2017, 11:27:25 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 08, 2017, 05:45:54 PM
First episode of Taboo on BBC1 last night was class. Tom Hardy at his menacing best.

Just watched it. Class

Caught up on the 2 episodes over the weekend. excellent show.  From the same writers as the peaky blinders i have heard?

Minder

Homeland returns tonight on RTE, will it be blocked in the north ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"