TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on January 26, 2017, 10:40:29 PM
Quarry. First class.
Was just about to launch into this evening but she wasn't keen. Try again tomorrow.

The Stallion

Just finished Atlanta. Really enjoyed it, wasn't at all what I was expecting. A few laugh out loud moments which are hard to come by on shows these days.

JimStynes

Quarry. First class.

Going to stick an episode on before bed!! Watched the trailer there. Looks good!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: JimStynes on January 26, 2017, 11:14:49 PM
Quarry. First class.

Going to stick an episode on before bed!! Watched the trailer there. Looks good!

I don't know - I am 4 episodes in and apart from Buddy even though he is a bit cliche I find the characters all a bit meh. Will stick with it though.
#newbridgeornowhere

maddog

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 26, 2017, 09:29:40 PM
Anyone gonna put themselves though another series of Fortitude?!

Yeah - i like it.
It got off to a good start last night. I think the entire 2nd series is available on Sky box sets already.

screenexile

Quote from: maddog on January 27, 2017, 09:50:29 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 26, 2017, 09:29:40 PM
Anyone gonna put themselves though another series of Fortitude?!

Yeah - i like it.
It got off to a good start last night. I think the entire 2nd series is available on Sky box sets already.

Watched up to episode 4 last night... it's still very cryptic with an element of sci-fi about it. Will be interesting to see if it becomes "plausible" like it did in the last series!

Tony Baloney

JimStynes

I didn't stick with fortitude. Good or shite?? I see sci-fi being mentioned there. First sign of sci fi is usually when I turn off.

bennydorano

Read a review about the first series of Fortitude that summed it up perfectly for me, 'it was a show that didn't know if it was a murder mystery, zombie horror or sci-fi'. It was a huge budget show and didn't know where to go, same reviewer said  S2 is a lot more straightforward in that it's now a zombie horror thing (elements of sci-fi). I'll give it another chance, S1 was poor imo.

screenexile

Quote from: JimStynes on January 27, 2017, 02:30:38 PM
I didn't stick with fortitude. Good or shite?? I see sci-fi being mentioned there. First sign of sci fi is usually when I turn off.

You sound like my mates about 4 years ago. I think the quote at the time was "Nah not gonna watch it... Dragons?? . . . Shite!!!"

He's now obsessed with Game of Thrones!!

Not that Fortitude is in that league but it's interesting and well acted so I think I'll finish it now I'm nearly half way through.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on January 27, 2017, 02:37:00 PM
Read a review about the first series of Fortitude that summed it up perfectly for me, 'it was a show that didn't know if it was a murder mystery, zombie horror or sci-fi'. It was a huge budget show and didn't know where to go, same reviewer said  S2 is a lot more straightforward in that it's now a zombie horror thing (elements of sci-fi). I'll give it another chance, S1 was poor imo.
Totally agree. The first few episodes were decent as it looked like a fairly straightforward murder mystery. Even when it seemed more than that it was intriguing but by the end it was just dung. I don't know if it didn't know what it wanted to be or if it deliberately tried to be a bit out there to make it attract a more cult following. It generally takes many series for a programme to go off the rails like that. Might still be tempted by s2.

Rma13

Rma13

By the end of Series 1 I vowed I would not be watching Series 2 but I have recorded the 1st episode of Series 2 & decided to give 3 episodes a go, if it's still rubbish I will be ditching it.

JimStynes

Quote from: screenexile on January 27, 2017, 03:20:53 PM

You sound like my mates about 4 years ago. I think the quote at the time was "Nah not gonna watch it... Dragons?? . . . Shite!!!"

He's now obsessed with Game of Thrones!!

Not that Fortitude is in that league but it's interesting and well acted so I think I'll finish it now I'm nearly half way through.

I know! Though I have had 2 goes at game of thrones and can't get into it. However, I do watch walking dead so I won't totally rule out fortitude.