Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: GaaGPT on January 31, 2024, 10:49:05 PMSurely the reserve start will be reconsidered. Clubs will be playing a lot of seniors throughout there reserve teams

If the list of Senior players ineligible to play Reserve League is Not done right by each club then it will certainly be abused meaning genuine Reserve players will miss out on game time. Is it still a list of 12 players?

Christmas Lights

Who is the longest serving club manager right now?

statto

Quote from: Tyrone12345 on January 31, 2024, 07:04:51 PMDivisions 1 & 2 commencing May 24th.
Division 3 commencing May 5th (Sunday), all Fridays after this. Reserve league commencing Sunday March 10th.
Would the sides in 1&2 be training now?Awful long time to train before playing any meaningful game.

GaaGPT

Quote from: statto on January 31, 2024, 11:48:34 PM
Quote from: Tyrone12345 on January 31, 2024, 07:04:51 PMDivisions 1 & 2 commencing May 24th.
Division 3 commencing May 5th (Sunday), all Fridays after this. Reserve league commencing Sunday March 10th.
Would the sides in 1&2 be training now?Awful long time to train before playing any meaningful game.

I would be surprised if they are not. If not pitch sessions they would definitely be doing gym sessions

W.A.G. Lover

Quote from: clarshack on January 31, 2024, 11:22:56 PM
Quote from: GaaGPT on January 31, 2024, 10:49:05 PMSurely the reserve start will be reconsidered. Clubs will be playing a lot of seniors throughout there reserve teams

If the list of Senior players ineligible to play Reserve League is Not done right by each club then it will certainly be abused meaning genuine Reserve players will miss out on game time. Is it still a list of 12 players? Some rule will need introduced here or it will be a disaster and more reserve games not played

Could each club reserve team be everyone, except 12 of the starting 15 in the previous years senior championship for that club? Similar to how senior championship is done.

Goals_Will_Come

Or the reserve proposal could end up being a brilliant idea. Games every other week, I assume alternating with Minors, give reserves a steady supply of football March through to July/August. Could be a lifeline for reserve football in Intermediate and Junior. Senior potentially may be an issue regarding Seniors taking reserve places.

GaaGPT

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on February 01, 2024, 09:17:42 AMOr the reserve proposal could end up being a brilliant idea. Games every other week, I assume alternating with Minors, give reserves a steady supply of football March through to July/August. Could be a lifeline for reserve football in Intermediate and Junior. Senior potentially may be an issue regarding Seniors taking reserve places.

What about the smaller clubs? Once reserves are finished they then don't train which will bring training numbers down

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: GaaGPT on February 01, 2024, 09:41:11 AM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on February 01, 2024, 09:17:42 AMOr the reserve proposal could end up being a brilliant idea. Games every other week, I assume alternating with Minors, give reserves a steady supply of football March through to July/August. Could be a lifeline for reserve football in Intermediate and Junior. Senior potentially may be an issue regarding Seniors taking reserve places.

What about the smaller clubs? Once reserves are finished they then don't train which will bring training numbers down
Would they not face the same problem through the year when they can't field a reserve team because of the double fixture? Would reserves numbers not drop off for the same reason, knowing they won't have a game on the Friday? Something different could be worth a trial. The county board at present have the Senior League running the best it has ever ran, they might now be trying to get the same in place for reserves, I would be willing to give them the chance.

ClubScene13

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on February 01, 2024, 09:46:08 AM
Quote from: GaaGPT on February 01, 2024, 09:41:11 AM

Would they not face the same problem through the year when they can't field a reserve team because of the double fixture? Would reserves numbers not drop off for the same reason, knowing they won't have a game on the Friday? Something different could be worth a trial. The county board at present have the Senior League running the best it has ever ran, they might now be trying to get the same in place for reserves, I would be willing to give them the chance.

Fair shout I'd give them the benefit of the doubt perhaps. Our adult structures are brilliant the last 2/3 years when you take a look around the rest of the country

BG_Gael

Hopefully. Personally I think it's a terrible idea. In theory from someone looking from the outside in it could work. When you get down to the nuts and bolts of it, it won't.

1st. You can't just give a months notice and say oh yeah reserve leagues start then. Managers and players have plans and schedules made up and in place gearing towards an expected May start like the last 2 or 3 years. Training will now be impacted with the smaller clubs will be down 10 or 12 senior players training as will leave the training having to be split.

2nd, when are these games going to be played? Friday night suited most players well as gave the option of Sunday off. But if they are Friday night again that means Sunday won't be free as how can a team train Friday night if half the team are away playing a game, which means can't train Thursday night, so Sunday's and Tuesday will be the only option to get an entire squad training together.

3rd, the reserve players will lose out, senior managers will be using them games as glorified challange matches to see senior fringe players in action.

4th, the small club will suffer again as once the reserve leagues are run off the reserve players will not bother training with the senior team and numbers fall and training suffers as a result.

So like I said, in theory it could work, in reality it will just make life more difficult for the smaller club

HalfBack7

Anyone seen the league dates proposed at the meeting with Junior clubs last night. It's great that the CCC are meeting clubs and open to fixing the club seasons. But a few concerns jumped out at me when I seen the proposed dates.

March 10th Start for reserves, too short notice. Club should have been informed earlier
6 games in 3 and a half weeks for juniors clubs s at the end of the season before championship, 8 games in 4 and a half weeks at senior and intermediate at the end of the season.

Business end of the minor season (League Playoffs and Championship games) pencilled in for July and August when families are on holidays cause lets face it not too many families organise their holidays around the July break anymore.

Not sure how well the clash between end of U14/U18 season and start of U16 season will work either. Maybe for the bigger clubs it will be ok. But for smaller clubs who's U16's are made up of players who are playing multiple age groups it is going to be hard to manage.

Those are the

bogball88

Quote from: HalfBack7 on February 02, 2024, 03:35:23 PMAnyone seen the league dates proposed at the meeting with Junior clubs last night. It's great that the CCC are meeting clubs and open to fixing the club seasons. But a few concerns jumped out at me when I seen the proposed dates.

March 10th Start for reserves, too short notice. Club should have been informed earlier
6 games in 3 and a half weeks for juniors clubs s at the end of the season before championship, 8 games in 4 and a half weeks at senior and intermediate at the end of the season.

Business end of the minor season (League Playoffs and Championship games) pencilled in for July and August when families are on holidays cause lets face it not too many families organise their holidays around the July break anymore.

Not sure how well the clash between end of U14/U18 season and start of U16 season will work either. Maybe for the bigger clubs it will be ok. But for smaller clubs who's U16's are made up of players who are playing multiple age groups it is going to be hard to manage.

Those are the
No, but can you please post?

Mikhailov

There was a discussion on here a few weeks back around the holiday period and quite a number of men were adamant the dates shouldn't be moved by 2 days as a Wednesday wasn't feasible.

Wait till they see the last 8 fixtures in Div 1 & 2 that is proposed.
4 on a Sunday and 4 on a Wednesday to wrap up the season.

Can't see how this is going to be accepted. One midweek or maybe two but 4 in a row in August won't suit lads who work in England or in the south.

But in fairness to the men setting up the system their hands are tied with the new county U20 group system plus the starred games in Tyrone having a limit of 5 games. Not an easy one to sort out.

ClubScene13

Quote from: Mikhailov on February 02, 2024, 09:38:30 PMThere was a discussion on here a few weeks back around the holiday period and quite a number of men were adamant the dates shouldn't be moved by 2 days as a Wednesday wasn't feasible.

Wait till they see the last 8 fixtures in Div 1 & 2 that is proposed.
4 on a Sunday and 4 on a Wednesday to wrap up the season.

Can't see how this is going to be accepted. One midweek or maybe two but 4 in a row in August won't suit lads who work in England or in the south.

But in fairness to the men setting up the system their hands are tied with the new county U20 group system plus the starred games in Tyrone having a limit of 5 games. Not an easy one to sort out.

As far as I know the All Ireland U20 football final is in May, so shouldn't really be a factor. And yes the 5 starred games is how we want it.
It's definitely still tricky though, if you consider Tyrone make the Group Stages of the AI and we can't play any more than 5 league games up to this point. If Tyrone were to make say an AI Semi final, you're looking at 10 league games left and its mid July. Only really have until early September to rattle these out, so the backlog in August is something we could be looking at every year if we won't budge on the 5 starred games. They'll get slated whatever they do but its a hard one to sort

clarshack

What's the story with the Both Domhnaigh amalgamation? Gortin and Glenelly both in Grade 3 Minor but the U-14 Gradings still has Both Domhnaigh.

Seen it says that the Minor gradings are based on 2021 U-15 results but that can't be true as Aghaloo won Grade 4 U-15 championship and lost the league final by a point that year and they are still Grade 4. Probably other examples if looked into more.