Maybe at some time in the future
24 (13.2%)
No never again
52 (28.6%)
I never have
62 (34.1%)

Total Members Voted: 182

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

I was just wondering how many people would vote for Fianna Fail in the future. This is open to lads in the North and elsewhere, basically if you could, would you?

O.K. most people here know I'm a Fine Gaeler, so thats me declaring straight out. I just feel so frustrated and demoralised about the condition of our state and the future for the Irish state. I feel like someone has stabbed me in my heart, as I love my country so much.

I'm sure I'll get a bashing from some because of this poll, but I am very interested into seeing will people forgive and forget what Fianna Fail have done to us.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Rossfan

Despite all the crap we had to endure from FF since 1997 all they had to do was be straight for once ( I know I know ...it's like expecting snow in New Guinea) this week and they might have salvaged some bit of decency.... but no they couldnt even do that.
It was deny it, then it was " ECB/IMF just advising us" then it was "they're our partners" just giving a dig out ....and so on spoof spoof spoof and bluster.
I never thought I would say this but Fair play to Pat Rabbitte for letting that flute Carey ( a FF gobdaw if thee ever was one) have it with both barrells last night on RTE.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Rossfan on November 19, 2010, 09:27:46 PM
Despite all the crap we had to endure from FF since 1997 all they had to do was be straight for once ( I know I know ...it's like expecting snow in New Guinea) this week and they might have salvaged some bit of decency.... but no they couldnt even do that.
It was deny it, then it was " ECB/IMF just advising us" then it was "they're our partners" just giving a dig out ....and so on spoof spoof spoof and bluster.
I never thought I would say this but Fair play to Pat Rabbitte for letting that flute Carey ( a FF gobdaw if thee ever was one) have it with both barrells last night on RTE.

I agree Rossfan, Pat Rabbitte made me proud to be a Mayoman yesterday. Not a fan of Gilmore but I always liked Pat. The clip with Carey and Rabbitte was shown across the U.K. on a few channels yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqx4E5tq1Bo

mylestheslasher

I never voted for FF and I doubt I ever will and I can tell you I won't vote FG either.

bcarrier

Pat Rabitte is a little more than a bar room bore.

Dougal Maguire

I'm from the North but I've always considered Pat Rabbitte to be nothing more than a hyperactive sensationalist tosspot. I remember during the Harry Whelehan/Brendan Smith crisis he hit the headlines when he announced that he had uncovered information which would 'rock the state to its very core'. I'm still waiting for it.
Careful now

thejuice

The problem is who do we vote for now. I have little faith in any of the major parties. I think the country is crying out for something new and has been for a long time.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

From the Bunker

I have had a faint notion of politics since 1977. Bar from the 30th June 1981 to 9th March 1982, the 14th December 1982 to 10th March 1987 and the 15th December 1994 to 26 June 1997, Fianna Fail have held power. Fine Gael have held power in that period for about 8 and a half years out of 33 years. That's roughly 75% of that time with Fianna fail in power.

If you go from 1932, Fianna Fail have been in power for all but 19 out of 78 years.

I have voted for change since the late 80's. Change, being anything other than the usual Dynasty following on from their father into a safe seat, Change from the brown paper bag boys, change from the local historical politics, change from civil war politics.

We have been fooled for years that there was a choice of government in this country.  With this dominance Fianna Fail have been given free reign.  ;D

TacadoirArdMhacha

Switch things around and hypothetically imagine FG had been in power for the last 13 years. Do people genuinely believe that things would have worked out much differently?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

INDIANA

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 19, 2010, 10:51:28 PM
Switch things around and hypothetically imagine FG had ben in power for the last 13 years. Do people genuinely believe that things would have worked out much differently?
thats not the point. the point is they should get the opportunity. its hard to imagine anyone being bigger scoundrels then ahern and co

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Find it quite interesting that there has been 6 people who voted yes so far, quite interesting. I'm quite Amazed actually.

I wonder what Fianna Fail would have to do for them to vote no, re-enter the United Kingdom or make drowning kittens/puppies a government policy perhaps!

INDIANA

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 19, 2010, 11:05:23 PM
Find it quite interesting that there has been 6 people who voted yes so far, quite interesting. I'm quite Amazed actually.

I wonder what Fianna Fail would have to do for them to vote no, re-enter the United Kingdom or make drowning kittens/puppies a government policy perhaps!

its why i dont have much sympathy for us. the people have this country in the shit-house because we continually voted scumbags, liars and thieves into office.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: INDIANA on November 19, 2010, 11:11:45 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 19, 2010, 11:05:23 PM

its why i dont have much sympathy for us. the people have this country in the shit-house because we continually voted scumbags, liars and thieves into office.

Its up to 8 now and rising, someone must have informed central command @ Lower Mount Street. "Long Live Glorious Leader"

mylestheslasher

The sneaky FF voter, none have the courage to even comment as to why! You'll get the same at the elections too.