American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Quote from: TabClear on January 25, 2021, 01:04:32 PM
Quote from: Taylor on January 25, 2021, 11:09:21 AM
The current GOAT v the potential GOAT in the final.

Cant see the Bucs getting within a TD of them

Same as that but in saying that it would be typical Brady to win it by beating Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes in consecutive games. Two Hall of famers and in all likelihood Mahomes will be right up there with them! The Bucs defense will keep them in it and Brady will keep ticking over so you never know. I think KCs experience from last year will get them over the line.

Wonder what Belicheck and Kraft are thinking at the minute.........

I see the Chiefs winning it as well but the Bucs will be in their home stadium. I see it being a close game and I am looking forward to it.

lurganblue

Quote from: ONeill on January 24, 2021, 11:46:16 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on January 24, 2021, 11:43:08 PM
Major f@@k up by packers taking the field goal in the 4th when 8 down.

I've tried looking at that from a positive and can't find it. Bad enough in normal games, but with Brady on the ball it was suicide.

As it was happening I think I agreed with taking the field goal but in hindsight it was a poor call.  I agree with screen too that Rodgers should have ran the ball on 3rd down. No, I doubt he was going to get the TD but he would have been very close.  The 4th down attempt at a TD would probably have been a certainty at that stage.  Was it a lack of bottle by Rodgers? You know that Mahomes would have went for that...

Not having Jones at that stage of the game really hurt the Packers IMO.

screenexile

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 25, 2021, 02:22:20 PM

Same as that but in saying that it would be typical Brady to win it by beating Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes in consecutive games. Two Hall of famers and in all likelihood Mahomes will be right up there with them! The Bucs defense will keep them in it and Brady will keep ticking over so you never know. I think KCs experience from last year will get them over the line.

I see the Chiefs winning it as well but the Bucs will be in their home stadium. I see it being a close game and I am looking forward to it.

Will home stadium matter that much? I presume not a whole lot of fans will be allowed in.

Hard to see past the Chiefs they're just too good in all areas.

lurganblue

Quote from: screenexile on January 26, 2021, 03:42:35 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on January 25, 2021, 02:22:20 PM

Will home stadium matter that much? I presume not a whole lot of fans will be allowed in.

Hard to see past the Chiefs they're just too good in all areas.

22k fans. 7.5k of which are to vaccinated health care workers I believe.

lurganblue

Watson is going to be the off season saga this year then.  Do the Texans hold out and fine him each week he doesn't turn up?  If he leaves, where does he go?  The Jets seems to be the touted destination, with Darnold then moving on elsewhere too.  Could be a lot of QB moves ahead.

Taylor

Quote from: lurganblue on January 29, 2021, 11:14:09 AM
Watson is going to be the off season saga this year then.  Do the Texans hold out and fine him each week he doesn't turn up?  If he leaves, where does he go?  The Jets seems to be the touted destination, with Darnold then moving on elsewhere too.  Could be a lot of QB moves ahead.

The Texans will have a lot of work to do in order to hold onto not only Watson but also JJ

gallsman

Quote from: Taylor on January 29, 2021, 12:29:01 PM

The Texans will have a lot of work to do in order to hold onto not only Watson but also JJ

JJ's not worth his price tag to them now, sound be surprised if they want to keep him.

5times5times

Texans hold a lot of leverage here though. While he has a trade clause, the Texans can just say Nah.

Trading Deshaun Watson

#Texans Dead Cap:
Pre 6/1: $21.6M
Post 6/1: $5.4M/$16.2M

Traded Contract:
5 yrs, $146.5M
$82.5M GTD
Caps: 10.54/35/37/32/32

With a $10.54M salary in 2021, Deshaun Watson would stand to lose $620,000 per game missed.

They can fine him almost $100,000 if he misses minicamp.

They can fine him $50,000 per training camp day missed.

They can fine him $620,000 per preseason game missed.

restorepride

Quote from: gallsman on January 29, 2021, 04:54:30 PM

Tá lúdramán i do chlub.

JJ's not worth his price tag to them now, sound be surprised if they want to keep him.

Minder

Mike Pettine gone as DC in Green Bay, the coverage on the TB touchdown at end of first half was reason enough.

I'm not sure Watson goes anywhere, the teams hold the power in situations like this.

I don't think Packers decision to kick FG was that outlandish, they were playing to win in regulation. If they scored a TD, Bucs had 2 mins to get a FG
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

restorepride

Quote from: gallsman on January 29, 2021, 04:54:30 PM

Tá lúdramán i do chlub.

Minder

Goff to Lions (and a kings ransom of picks) and Stafford to Rams

Capt Pat

2 first round draft picks as well in the deal. The Lions won that trade.

thewobbler

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 31, 2021, 12:46:13 PM
They got Goff though. So it's a Pyrrhic victory at best

Minder

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 31, 2021, 12:46:13 PM

Yeah it was so expensive for the Rams because of Goffs contract