Printers or Printing Information

Started by Bud Wiser, February 20, 2008, 10:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Have we any printers on board.  I am trying to find out what company on the island prints posters like the election posters and on that type of material.  Any help appreciated.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Bud Wiser on February 20, 2008, 10:29:15 AM
Have we any printers on board.  I am trying to find out what company on the island prints posters like the election posters and on that type of material.  Any help appreciated.

My da does !! Shinners and DUPs, its a standard colour job, usually on A3 Card. the heavier the card the more exp the job.
Its Grim up North

Bud Wiser

Thanks very much. Sent yu a PM.  I did Google the bejaysus out of the internet for printers and posters but could only get some geezer in the USA so I just didn't pop that request on here without trying first.  Thanks again.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

balladmaker

The stuff election posters are printed on is called Corriboard or foam board.  Google it and you should get plenty of suppliers.

I get alot of printing done all of the time, posters, flyers etc.  By far the best deal I can get is with a company based in Germany, although you can check out their local website at www.print24.ie for full prices.  They can undercut local printers by in the region of 50%, delivery from Germany included!  Their gear is top quality also.

Donagh

Have a relation in Lurgan that does printing. Drop me a PM if you don't get any joy from AFR.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Donagh on February 20, 2008, 12:08:38 PM
Have a relation in Lurgan that does printing. Drop me a PM if you don't get any joy from AFR.

Just what sorta Joy do you think I could bring him?
Its Grim up North

Bud Wiser

D'ya know what, whoever said this board is like a pub is right.  Any time you are stuck at all, whether you are buying a flat screen TV, a laptop or have a sore calf muscle help is always at hand.  Shur we are a great old bunch of lads altogether.  Now that I have the posters sorted does anyone know where you can get canvassers ! ;)

bingobus

Quote from: Bud Wiser on February 20, 2008, 12:27:50 PM
D'ya know what, whoever said this board is like a pub is right.  Any time you are stuck at all, whether you are buying a flat screen TV, a laptop or have a sore calf muscle help is always at hand.  Shur we are a great old bunch of lads altogether.  Now that I have the posters sorted does anyone know where you can get canvassers ! ;)

Give Ian Og Paisely a ring...loads of free time at minute and has a bit of experience in this line of work.  ;D

illdecide

Another old one here but can any of you recommend a decent home printer...more importantly one with cheap ink cartridges to replace.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

delgany

Hp do a deal now, where you select the number of pages you print per month- eg. 50 pages/ £2.They send new ink cartridges automatically (black / colours) through the post. You return old cartridges via free post. Was a godsend during lockdown !

illdecide

Quote from: delgany on January 02, 2021, 08:26:42 PM
Hp do a deal now, where you select the number of pages you print per month- eg. 50 pages/ £2.They send new ink cartridges automatically (black / colours) through the post. You return old cartridges via free post. Was a godsend during lockdown !

Was wondering what that was on their website. kinda need a printer too as i wrecked mine. I'll assume that deal is for all their "Home" printers
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tony Baloney

Quote from: delgany on January 02, 2021, 08:26:42 PM
We have that and it's class. I'm sure it is more expensive than other options and I haven't stopped to calculate it in case it annoys me but, but for convenience it is hard to beat as we always have a spare cartridge in the drawer. Stick the empty in a pre-paid envelope and stick it in the post.