Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: illdecide on June 19, 2018, 09:09:35 AM
I'm not on here to defend cyclists but lads use a we bit of your wit, if a motorist starts doing donuts on a road or causes a serious crash from driving like a dick you don't start shouting ban all motorists. In cycling there obviously are some dicks about and deserve a boot up the hole but you can't just say ban all cyclists because there are a few morons out there.

I think that there would be less annoyance if the roads were up to the task of having more cyclists on the roads, it will certainly reduce the amount of deaths or injuries and the sort out any road congestion and road rage that seems to follow the two!

There should not be new road built unless it has cycle lanes.. this should be factored in every time and were available tempory cycle lanes put in place... I was in Spain a few years ago and seen that by simply putting in small rubber barriers/kerbs along the road kept both parties safe. Obviously a temp measure but very effective
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Asal Mor on June 19, 2018, 08:05:17 AM
Cycling is the new golf as the sport of choice for w**kers. Of course, golf is still golf. Both are grand pastimes, but people who take them seriously as sports and get dressed up for them are pure evil.

Who'd you steal that from as I've saw in on facebook a few times this last week?

haranguerer

Quote from: thewobbler on June 19, 2018, 09:27:31 AM
I'm not on here to defend cyclists but lads use a we bit of your wit, if a motorist starts doing donuts on a road or causes a serious crash from driving like a dick you don't start shouting ban all motorists. In cycling there obviously are some dicks about and deserve a boot up the hole but you can't just say ban all cyclists because there are a few morons out there.

I get what you're saying.

But motorcyclists are generally the most cautious people on our roads. Their movements are usually so deliberate. Car drivers meanwhile  tend to give more room to white van drivers, who in turn give more room to bus drivers, who in turn give more room to HGV drivers. This chain is completely natural, as an increased chance of getting crushed to death, usually evokes greater caution.

For some reason, cyclists seem unwilling / unable / immune towards accepting their place on this food chain. Usually citing some bullshit about being here before cars, they'll ride where they want, when they want, and are determined that it's everyone else's responsibility to look out for them.

It takes a particularly selfish and insular personality trait to behave like on public roads. Hence, people who are drawn to cycling on roads are, by and large, c***ts.

What a load of shit.

People aren't drawn to cycling on roads, they're drawn to cycling and, by and large there isn't anywhere else to cycle.

There are definitely some w**ker cyclists, perhaps even greater than in the general population, but I imagine most want the benefits of that sort of exercise and sport, without pissing anyone off or getting killed. It does appear to be a very emotive issue, I can only assume that its because our roads aren't designed to accommodate cars and bicycles, and maybe thats the issue we should be tackling

HiMucker

But motorcyclists are generally the most cautious people on our roads. Their movements are usually so deliberate. Car drivers meanwhile  tend to give more room to white van drivers, who in turn give more room to bus drivers, who in turn give more room to HGV drivers. This chain is completely natural, as an increased chance of getting crushed to death, usually evokes greater caution.

For some reason, cyclists seem unwilling / unable / immune towards accepting their place on this food chain. Usually citing some bullshit about being here before cars, they'll ride where they want, when they want, and are determined that it's everyone else's responsibility to look out for them.

It takes a particularly selfish and insular personality trait to behave like on public roads. Hence, people who are drawn to cycling on roads are, by and large, c***ts.
I don't cycle, and Ill admit that on occasion I have cracked up with them, but this post here is ridiculous.  I would hazard a guess and say the proportion of drivers that behave irresponsibly on the roads is a lot higher than cyclists.  I go through 6 roundabouts and 2 sets of traffic lights everyday to and from work, and its no far stretch to say every other car, or at least every third car the driver is doing something on their mobile phone at these points.  This seems to have got a lot worse in the last year or two.  No matter how much a cyclist might be acting the c**t. 99 times out of 100, with a bit of care from the driver, the chances of an accident can be completely avoided or greatly reduced, and will make all of 30secs a difference to your journey time.

armaghniac

Yes, but other motorists will generally not defend the donut lunatic even in motor forums, cyclists will always justify breaking red lights or cycling on the footpath.

Quote from: HiMucker on June 19, 2018, 10:41:07 AM
I don't cycle, and Ill admit that on occasion I have cracked up with them, but this post here is ridiculous.  I would hazard a guess and say the proportion of drivers that behave irresponsibly on the roads is a lot higher than cyclists.

I'd say your guess is wrong. There are many cyclists who routinely break every light, who routinely drive on the footpath on every journey, who routinely cycle without lights. Few motorists break the law quite so blatantly and at least some of these do end up in court.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Asal Mor

Quote from: johnnycool on June 19, 2018, 10:16:37 AM
Cycling is the new golf as the sport of choice for w**kers. Of course, golf is still golf. Both are grand pastimes, but people who take them seriously as sports and get dressed up for them are pure evil.

Who'd you steal that from as I've saw in on facebook a few times this last week?
I know that it's hardly an original thought to say that people who get dressed up for cycling and golf are wankers. Sad and all as I am, I'm not sad enough to steal posts from Facebook and pass them off as my own on other forums in an attempt to impress people I don't know. You might be spending too much time on Facebook Johnny.

johnnycool

Quote from: Asal Mor on June 19, 2018, 10:57:28 AM

I know that it's hardly an original thought to say that people who get dressed up for cycling and golf are w**kers. Sad and all as I am, I'm not sad enough to steal posts from Facebook and pass them off as my own on other forums in an attempt to impress people I don't know. You might be spending too much time on Facebook Johnny.

It's not even your original text let alone thought as I've saw the very same quote in verbatim.

Don't try and peddle it as your own  ;)

Orior

Quote from: armaghniac on June 19, 2018, 10:46:46 AM

Yes, but other motorists will generally not defend the donut lunatic even in motor forums, cyclists will always justify breaking red lights or cycling on the footpath.

I don't cycle, and Ill admit that on occasion I have cracked up with them, but this post here is ridiculous.  I would hazard a guess and say the proportion of drivers that behave irresponsibly on the roads is a lot higher than cyclists.

I'd say your guess is wrong. There are many cyclists who routinely break every light, who routinely drive on the footpath on every journey, who routinely cycle without lights. Few motorists break the law quite so blatantly and at least some of these do end up in court.

The cyclists I admire the most are those that cycle at night with no lights and all dressed in black . Yet if I, for a bit of craic, just nudge them off their bicycle then I'm the baddie.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Asal Mor

Quote from: johnnycool on June 19, 2018, 11:49:37 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on June 19, 2018, 10:57:28 AM

I know that it's hardly an original thought to say that people who get dressed up for cycling and golf are w**kers. Sad and all as I am, I'm not sad enough to steal posts from Facebook and pass them off as my own on other forums in an attempt to impress people I don't know. You might be spending too much time on Facebook Johnny.

It's not even your original text let alone thought as I've saw the very same quote in verbatim.

Don't try and peddle it as your own  ;)
Grand Johnny. Whatever you say. No doubt you'll post a link or a screenshot to completely show me up.

Dire Ear

Love it,  it's a hobby that slows up other people--buy a field

Asal Mor

It is an excellent post Wobbler. Really well put.

Stan Laurel

I don't cycle, and Ill admit that on occasion I have cracked up with them, but this post here is ridiculous.  I would hazard a guess and say the proportion of drivers that behave irresponsibly on the roads is a lot higher than cyclists.  I go through 6 roundabouts and 2 sets of traffic lights everyday to and from work, and its no far stretch to say every other car, or at least every third car the driver is doing something on their mobile phone at these points.  This seems to have got a lot worse in the last year or two.  No matter how much a cyclist might be acting the c**t. 99 times out of 100, with a bit of care from the driver, the chances of an accident can be completely avoided or greatly reduced, and will make all of 30secs a difference to your journey time.

Most of the time I see cyclists going through traffic lights irrespective of the colour, maybe a bit more care from the cyclist could be forthcoming, everyone else who uses the road can get banned for careless, irresponsible actions, are cyclists totally immune, they certainly cycle like they are and couldn't give a flying one about any road user from my experiences.

HiMucker

I get it, yous all bloody hate cyclists   :D But until someone can produce some evidence that suggests law breaking cyclists are causing a lot of accidents and road fatalities then don't expect the government to put any money in to police stings cracking down on cyclists on the footpaths and what not ;D

armaghniac

Quote from: HiMucker on June 19, 2018, 04:00:10 PM
I get it, yous all bloody hate cyclists   :D But until someone can produce some evidence that suggests law breaking cyclists are causing a lot of accidents and road fatalities then don't expect the government to put any money in to police stings cracking down on cyclists on the footpaths and what not ;D

That's a bit like saying that there is no need to crack down on pickpockets and burglars are they do not cause fatalities. But quite typical by way of excuses.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

HiMucker

Quote from: armaghniac on June 19, 2018, 04:23:00 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on June 19, 2018, 04:00:10 PM

That's a bit like saying that there is no need to crack down on pickpockets and burglars are they do not cause fatalities. But quite typical by way of excuses.
;D ;D ;D