Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 12, 2018, 10:43:45 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 12, 2018, 10:32:38 AM
'Individually too many players are crap'. Utd in a nutshell.

Not too far from the truth!!

Meant to add Lukaku to that list of Matic & Sanchez. I thought all 3 were great signings at the time.

United have needed a major clearout since Mourinho arrived Ferguson left and its never happened, might happen this summer as Mata, Herrera, Smalling, Jones, Darmian, Young & Valencia are all out of contract.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

NAG1

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 12, 2018, 10:47:49 AM

Meant to add Lukaku to that list of Matic & Sanchez. I thought all 3 were great signings at the time.

United have needed a major clearout since Mourinho arrived Ferguson left and its never happened, might happen this summer as Mata, Herrera, Smalling, Jones, Darmian, Young & Valencia are all out of contract.

No denying the performance and the manner of it yesterday. To be fair they did look leggy and when playing against the system that City have this just makes it even more difficult.

The result wont be lost on the decision makers either, JM is marking time at this stage I would say. Regardless of the apparent deficiencies in the squad he is cleary not getting the best out of what he has available. PP was a big miss to be fair yesterday but what remained was simply not good enough.

magpie seanie

United have needed a major clearout since Mourinho arrived and its never happened, might happen this summer as Mata, Herrera, Smalling, Jones, Darmian, Young & Valencia are all out of contract.

I'd be interested in your take as to why these players, who were undoubtedly among the best in their positions when signed, have been so crap at United. You could add Pogba to that.....his World Cup interlude aside.

Cunny Funt

Matic is done as a footballer at the top level he's too slow and static it was humorous watching the small fast City players run rings around him yesterday, the 3rd goal yesterday proves how much of a liability he has become. How Smalling and Young are still at the club never mind starting remains a mystery both were Ferguson signings but if he was still manager both would be long sold by now and on Lukaku, how can striker that cost 75 million, plus 15 million in add-ons have such a poor first touch? and the size of him this season compared to last season is ridiculous.

Maroon Manc

You've a one track mind when it comes to Mourinho Seanie, not everything is his fault.

thewobbler

Quote from: seafoid on November 12, 2018, 08:28:57 PM
This is very good

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/12/manchester-united-transfer-market-jose-mourinho

Not sure why the author / journalist believes that Juve's players would want to join Man Utd. He must think it's 2009.

Any article about improving United which doesn't include removing the illness that is Paul Pogba from the club, should be immediately discarded.

gawa316

Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2018, 09:22:24 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on November 12, 2018, 01:10:13 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2018, 12:46:20 AM
Quote from: screenexile on November 12, 2018, 12:36:40 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2018, 12:17:06 AM
Why are they raving about city's 44 passes? Sure they went nowhere for 40 of them. Soccer pundits are easily pleased.

Sure any two central defenders could pass it to themselves 40 times then hoof it to a big fella who heads it in.

And United fans wonder why nobody likes them??

You know it was a brilliant goal why can't you just acknowledge it?

It's not because it's city. The last ball in was good, good control and finish. That's it. The rest of the 40 odd passes were irrelevant.

Just like all those world class saves De Gea makes I guess

What's your point gawa?

De Gea's saves are relevant to him being one of the best and the 40 passes have relevance in relation to the 3rd goal.

trailer

Pep has turned Sane and Delph into two footballers that would start week in week out for Utd.
JM has turned Paul Pogba and Alexis Sanchez into two footballers that would get in the City U21 team.

Therein lies the difference. JM is a cancer eating the club from the inside. He should be removed.

BennyCake

Quote from: gawa316 on November 12, 2018, 09:22:57 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2018, 09:22:24 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on November 12, 2018, 01:10:13 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2018, 12:46:20 AM
Quote from: screenexile on November 12, 2018, 12:36:40 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2018, 12:17:06 AM
Why are they raving about city's 44 passes? Sure they went nowhere for 40 of them. Soccer pundits are easily pleased.

Sure any two central defenders could pass it to themselves 40 times then hoof it to a big fella who heads it in.

And United fans wonder why nobody likes them??

You know it was a brilliant goal why can't you just acknowledge it?

It's not because it's city. The last ball in was good, good control and finish. That's it. The rest of the 40 odd passes were irrelevant.

Just like all those world class saves De Gea makes I guess

What's your point gawa?

De Gea's saves are relevant to him being one of the best and the 40 passes have relevance in relation to the 3rd goal.

If you say so.

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on November 12, 2018, 10:27:36 PM
Pep has turned Sane and Delph into two footballers that would start week in week out for Utd.
JM has turned Paul Pogba and Alexis Sanchez into two footballers that would get in the City U21 team.

Therein lies the difference. JM is a cancer eating the club from the inside. He should be removed.
Pep did a super job with Stones as well.
The Glazers are the problem. They have zero vision for the club. Everything is ad hoc.
Man City started planning for Guardiola in 2008 iirc
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hound

I think Sanchez's performances for Arsenal have been greatly exaggerated. A few great moments in matches have been extrapolated into lots of great performances. I'd say you could count on one hand the number of times you could say about him from his time in England 'that was a great 90 mins from Sanchez'

Over the Bar

Quote from: Hound on November 13, 2018, 08:29:10 AM
I think Sanchez's performances for Arsenal have been greatly exaggerated. A few great moments in matches have been extrapolated into lots of great performances. I'd say you could count on one hand the number of times you could say about him from his time in England 'that was a great 90 mins from Sanchez'

A sloth could probably count them on one hand!

HiMucker

Quote from: Hound on November 13, 2018, 08:29:10 AM
I don't know hound, Im a bit of an Arsenal sympathiser and watched a lot of Arsenal during that time and thought he was brilliant. Maybe some of the Arsenal fans could share their thoughts on it?

Walter Cronc

His work rate was second to none but sometimes he ran about like a headless chicken.

I think the easy way out is to blame the Glazers. Kronke is no better at Arsenal but at least Emery appears to have a plan, well at this early stage anyway.