Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Some match! Pace unreal had lived up to the classics these teams played during the Ferguson years!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

DeGea is probably the best player in the league.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on December 02, 2017, 06:57:58 PM
DeGea is probably the best player in the league.

12 saves already in this match... Utds goal tally this year is great, compared to last years anyways! Hopefully Arsenal continue to leave some gaps
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Pogba sent off with an awful challenge, game not over yet, No Pogba for the Manchester Derby now

imtommygunn

There was no need for that in that situation at all. Terrible discipline.

screenexile

Bar Arsenal mistakes Utd have been pretty trrrible bar De Gea... great game but very strange!!

Cunny Funt

Quote from: screenexile on December 02, 2017, 07:11:19 PM
Bar Arsenal mistakes Utd have been pretty trrrible bar De Gea... great game but very strange!!
Its was a game of mistakes and the side that made the most errors won 3-1 with 10 men very strange indeed. Pogba very stupid.

Captain Obvious

Bus was well parked after going down a man. Last year Arsenal drew with Manchester United 1-1 and only had one shot on target in that game, today 15 shots on target and lost 3-1. Its true football is a funny old game.

Milltown Row2

Terrible win away to Arsenal who have had great Home form, rotten park the bus special, Utd wil be hammered if they keep that up

GJL

Utd's defence was very good tonight especially when Pogba got himself stupidly sent off.

StGallsGAA

Brilliant win and strategic masterclass.  Came at a high price with Pogba out for 3 games now including City! 

Jeepers Creepers

Great win for Utd. Arsenal can be really shite when they want to be. Imagine city with those chances!? Pogba red card ( which was a moment if madness as he was away )took the gloss off slightly. He and De Gea are two players utd cannot do without.

Boycey

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 02, 2017, 07:59:59 PM
Great win for Utd. Arsenal can be really shite when they want to be. Imagine city with those chances!? Pogba red card ( which was a moment if madness as he was away )took the gloss off slightly. He and De Gea are two players utd cannot do without.

Harsh on Arsenal mate, I don't think they missed too many sitters and played really well only to meet a keeper on the very top of his game. Excellent game, United were absolutely devastating on the counter attack and for all the attacking of Arsenal I always thought there was the potential for a United goal every time they got up the field.

I wouldn't have much problem with the red for Pogba, he's not in control and could have injured the guy but for me it's about momentum not malice. He's trying to nick it over Bellerin and continue on with his run.

It'd be nice to beat City next week to keep some semblance of a title race going if nothing else..

David McKeown

In real time I thought it was horrendous but on replays it's clear he's going at speed, is stretching to the flick the ball which he does but in so doing his foot comes up slightly raising his studs. Those have to come down again and the only place it can is on Ballerin but again Bellerin's knee is not were you expect it to be and it's not a knee high challenge so to speak.

It's definitely one of those challenges that looked far worse than it was with a serious of factors all coming together.

Interestingly there was a challenge from Ozil that was about as high on Herrera but because Herrera was in a more orthodox position it only caught him around the ankle and was correctly a yellow card.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

HiMucker

I dont know.  I've watched that incident a number of times now.   I think it was a deliberate moment of madness.  I accept that it could be interpreted differently, but that's how it looked to me.  Only pogba will know for sure.