The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Over a year the lads would get through a lot of women. I Wonder how popular they will be in Ollies after this.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on March 05, 2018, 02:26:07 PM
Over a year the lads would get through a lot of women. I Wonder how popular they will be in Ollies after this.

I would say they will be able to get a woman in it regardless of the verdict.

AZOffaly

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 05, 2018, 02:28:19 PM

Not if they are in the clink.

HiMucker

Quote from: johnnycool on March 05, 2018, 01:28:39 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on March 05, 2018, 01:20:53 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 05, 2018, 11:53:22 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 05, 2018, 11:26:33 AM
I honestly believe that Jackson and Olding would be really foolish to take the stand. Once up there they leave themselves wide open to be caught out in cross examination. Also they would be crucified for their 'lad' behaviour and will come across as even bigger scumbags than they already are. It's one thing to type 'top shagger' but to be made say it....and the Prosecution would have them repeating those types of statements. Your decision making process is influenced mostly by what you hear.

People say how she has been consistent but it's easy for one person to have a straight story. All the defendants may have differing versions of the same set of facts but can all be telling the truth.  Her reaction the next day is unusual. Their reaction the next day is similar to that of many shit heads. I simply think that to get this above reasonable doubt there needs to be stronger independent evidence and that is not there in my opinion.

Conversely any good prosecution team can use them not taking the stand to savage them in the closing arguments. The reason they're in a no-win situation is because they're very likely guilty of a crime.

Asal Mor's open contempt for movements like MeToo that has exposed systematic levels of sexual assault in western society really highlight what sort of person he is.
While the #metoo movement was largely positive, it did see an abdication of personal responsibility from plenty of women(some of whom were leading lights in the movement), who made a conscious decision to further their careers and fatten their bank accounts in exchange for giving sexual favours to powerful men.
It's bullshit.

I have no issue with prostitutes, who do the same thing, but take personal responsibility for their decisions.

The problem with that statement is that these powerful men abused their positions of power to obtain sexual favours.
I'm sure the women in question knew only too well that not giving in to the advances would mean the end of their careers and probably before they got a foothold in the acting game.
I'd bet established actresses were not targeted by these dirty f**ks.

A prostitute takes part in sex for the financial reward, there is no expectation beyond that. These girls were not prostitutes but put in a compromising position with a stark choice to make not related to their skillset on audition and I can't see how you could draw parallels with both.
You would think that this wouldn't need to be explained.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 05, 2018, 02:29:29 PM

They wont be looking the title of top shaggers in there! split roasting wont be the same
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 05, 2018, 02:24:12 PM
Quote from: Taylor on March 05, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
This is turning into a complete mess.

Any of the legal experts (only seems to be 2 people here who actually know how the legal system works) know what is normal procedure when this type of thing happens with jurors sick/missing etc?

Basically I'd say they'll assess what happens with the sick juror, as they did with the first one. The trial can continue with 10 in the jury but getting close to mistrial territory.

And do they go again then?

If so would they have a new group of jurors and how would you even go about getting someone who hasnt been following or have knowledge of the case?

RedHand88

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 05, 2018, 02:29:29 PM

Thats a good point.

RedHand88

Quote from: Taylor on March 05, 2018, 02:32:51 PM

Any of the legal experts (only seems to be 2 people here who actually know how the legal system works) know what is normal procedure when this type of thing happens with jurors sick/missing etc?

Basically I'd say they'll assess what happens with the sick juror, as they did with the first one. The trial can continue with 10 in the jury but getting close to mistrial territory.

If so would they have a new group of jurors and how would you even go about getting someone who hasnt been following or have knowledge of the case?

I think yea its new jury, new judge etc and it all starts again. Going by social media its really a lottery as to what the verdict would be in that case. Everyone has their mind made up before it begins.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 05, 2018, 02:44:25 PM
Quote from: Taylor on March 05, 2018, 02:32:51 PM

I think yea its new jury, new judge etc and it all starts again. Going by social media its really a lottery as to what the verdict would be in that case. Everyone has their mind made up before it begins.

Sure social media had everyone believing the padeo hunters were brilliant
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Asal Mor

A prostitute takes part in sex for the financial reward, there is no expectation beyond that. These girls were not prostitutes but put in a compromising position with a stark choice to make not related to their skillset on audition and I can't see how you could draw parallels with both.
I'm sure most prostitutes are faced with tough life choices too. They both take the decision to sell their bodies. I don't accept that the movie industry is so small that those actresses couldn't have rejected the advances of a Weinstein type and tried to have made it somewhere else.

I bet that most prostitutes wouldn't find the comparison as surprising as you do.

Syferus

Quote from: Asal Mor on March 05, 2018, 03:11:30 PM
I'm sure most prostitutes are faced with tough life choices too. They both take the decision to sell their bodies. I don't accept that the movie industry is so small that those actresses couldn't have rejected the advances of a Weinstein type and tried to have made it somewhere else.

I bet that most prostitutes wouldn't find the comparison as surprising as you do.

Wow.

Asal Mor, folks.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Syferus on March 05, 2018, 03:17:46 PM

Wow.

Asal Mor, folks.
I'm not talking about those women who were raped or assaulted by Weinstein types obviously.

johnnycool

Quote from: Asal Mor on March 05, 2018, 03:22:14 PM

Wow.

Asal Mor, folks.
I'm not talking about those women who were raped or assaulted by Weinstein types obviously.

Of course you're not.
The rest thought he was a real hunk and couldn't wait to get stripped for action in his hotel room........

He abused his position of power where he could make or break their careers and exploited these girls end off and if you can't see that then there's no hope for you.

magpie seanie

Quote from: johnnycool on March 05, 2018, 03:30:36 PM

Wow.

Asal Mor, folks.

Of course you're not.
The rest thought he was a real hunk and couldn't wait to get stripped for action in his hotel room........

He abused his position of power where he could make or break their careers and exploited these girls end off and if you can't see that then there's no hope for you.

There's a long way to go. That's why the "George Hook" defence might still work in this court case.

Asal Mor

Quote from: johnnycool on March 05, 2018, 03:30:36 PM

Wow.

Asal Mor, folks.

Of course you're not.

He certainly had the power to make their careers but it's horseshit to say he had the power to break them. It's the kind of horseshit that goes unquestioned though, as it's labelled "victim blaming".  He's just one man(ok he was very powerful) in a huge global industry. If they were talented enough there's literally a whole world of opportunities and auditions for them. They took the shortcut to the high life and then try to paint themselves as victims.