Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

Quote from: balladmaker on December 03, 2017, 10:29:25 PM
Sounded like a softening of attitude from Simon Coveney in his TV interview today ... all Ireland want's is an agreed parameter ref. the border issue, a resolution for it can wait until phase 2 of the negotiations ... hmmm.

Imagine that, FG selling northerners down the river. I think that reminds me of something...

Milltown Row2

Seems the deal will be done, no issues and a lot of hot air from Dublin
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tiempo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 03, 2017, 05:49:09 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 03, 2017, 05:12:52 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 03, 2017, 05:00:41 PM
Quote from: heganboy on December 03, 2017, 04:42:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 03, 2017, 03:10:15 PM
Just cause they've an Irish accent doesn't make them Irish
Your post code must make you British

What's you point?

Identity isn't tied to where you're born.

And? I just said that just because they have an Irish accent doesn't make them Irish... I've Asian neighbors who have a Pakistan accent but born here.. they won't be deported though, will Irish passport holders be deported  ::)

Quote from: Rossfan on December 03, 2017, 05:44:25 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 03, 2017, 05:12:52 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 03, 2017, 05:00:41 PM
Quote from: heganboy on December 03, 2017, 04:42:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 03, 2017, 03:10:15 PM
Just cause they've an Irish accent doesn't make them Irish
Your post code must make you British

What's you point?

Identity isn't tied to where you're born.
If it was you'd be a Rhubarb ;D
Milltown really loves GB/UK.

I love where I'm from, if I wanted to move to Roscommon though I could but I heard it's shit

Roscommon is a demlitrilised zone for quislings, dont be surprised at a well balanced opinion, chip on both shoulders.

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 03, 2017, 10:45:13 PM
Seems the deal will be done, no issues and a lot of hot air from Dublin

WUM. Without Dublin to hold the line, you'd be eating chlorine chicken á la GM sauce.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

heganboy

May took the lead in the border negotiations today, but failed to reach an agreement by midnight.

Hunt seeing the writing on the wall says if the Tories don't back May there will be no Brexit.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Syferus

LV could bring about the end of Brexit or at worst tie NI economically to Ireland. Don't know what sort of SF newsletter you're reading to think otherwise MR2.

seafoid

Quote from: heganboy on December 04, 2017, 12:33:58 AM
May took the lead in the border negotiations today, but failed to reach an agreement by midnight.

Hunt seeing the writing on the wall says if the Tories don't back May there will be no Brexit.
The dynamics mean they will probably get rid of her. The Tory party is in  a struggle for its life. It is between Eurosceptics and realists . There was no point in Ireland putting the boot in now .
It is 20 minutes in to ROI v Denmark. May is Martin O Neill.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

From the guardian

"But although the money and citizens' rights issues have been mostly resolved, the future arrangement with Ireland has remained a significant obstacle because the British government has yet to offer a firm commitment explaining how it will guarantee avoiding a return to a hard border after Brexit.

For Ireland, and the EU27 as a whole, the problem has become a potential dealbreaker, with Dublin given an effective veto on progress of talks.

Ireland's deputy prime minister and foreign minister Simon Coveney had said on Sunday morning that Ireland had "no desire" to be a roadblock to progress but said the country wants "concrete" proposals on how a hard border with customs and people checks would be avoided.ü

Coveney told the broadcaster RTE that Monday was "undoubtedly a very big day in the context of Brexit negotiations" and that "certainly the hope is that those meetings will result in a momentum that can be carried into the leaders' summit".

Chances of a deal with British officials had been put at 50:50 on Sunday afternoon, but at midnight Brussels time, officials said an agreement had not been reached.

"Contacts continue at official level in order to reach agreement. There is still a way to go," said an Irish official. "There must be clarity on the need to avoid regulatory divergence which would lead to the re-emergence of a border."

There are 2 things
The Brits are all over the place
If the Eurosceptics win it will be regulatory divergence.

MR will be drinking Chateau Sulfite (6 for £5)

armaghniac

If there is an NI deal the DUP will be revolting. If the Euroskeptics win another dozen Tories will revolt. An election is quite possible, events are unclear.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tubberman

Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 03, 2017, 10:42:08 PM
Sounded like a softening of attitude from Simon Coveney in his TV interview today ... all Ireland want's is an agreed parameter ref. the border issue, a resolution for it can wait until phase 2 of the negotiations ... hmmm.

Imagine that, FG selling northerners down the river. I think that reminds me of something...

Do you want to backtrack on that? Coveney in particular has been resolute and admirable in how he has gone about the negotiations. It would be much easier to just agree to whatever the UK propose if he wasn't bothered about the north.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

HiMucker

Quote from: Tubberman on December 04, 2017, 09:36:40 AM

Do you want to backtrack on that? Coveney in particular has been resolute and admirable in how he has gone about the negotiations. It would be much easier to just agree to whatever the UK propose if he wasn't bothered about the north.
Agree.  I have no love for FG but LV has done well and Coveney in particular has been excellent through these negotiations.  It has to be said they had an easy hand to play but they are playing it very very well.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on December 04, 2017, 09:35:32 AM
If there is an NI deal the DUP will be revolting. If the Euroskeptics win another dozen Tories will revolt. An election is quite possible, events are unclear.
It is absolute chaos

Peter Hitchens laid it all out over a year ago. You cannot have a policy without a government. 

https://youtu.be/QUjLmw4bgq0

seafoid

They have the backing of the EU which is a huge achievement.

Keyser soze

Quote from: seafoid on December 02, 2017, 11:44:37 AM
Quote from: Hereiam on December 02, 2017, 10:50:09 AM
Farmers here get shafted anyway. Similar meat carcasses get more money in england scotland from the the abattoirs than tbey do here. Why is that? This bullshit the dup are spouting about the brits being the norths most important trading partner is laughable...they use us because people are on lower wages so they can get there goods cheaper here.
I think 80% of farm incomes come from the EU.
Food prices are kept high in Europe.
Not in the US where it is a free for all.
Brexit will slash farm incomes. And reduce food quality.

The farm subsidies from the EU keep prices lower, when they are gone prices will rise.

Your post makes absolutely no sense.

OgraAnDun

Yes. I was basing it off what was said in the post I quoted, but the headlines and quotes in this morning's papers and from his appearance on RTE refute that. I actually think Coveney and Varadkar have done a fantastic job so far.

However, if they back down and let the British government away without guaranteeing regulatory convergence for the north and a soft border, I'll go back to being sold out. They have May in a corner and they can't let her out now and postpone the border issue, or it will never be resolved with the interests of this island in mind.