Movies that make you cry

Started by Orangemac, August 18, 2011, 12:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hashtag

Quote from: redhandloo on August 19, 2011, 12:17:43 AM
My sisters keeper. Harrowing stuff

This.

Quote from: tyrone girl on August 19, 2011, 10:57:20 AM
I think if i saw a man crying at a film it would turn my stomach to be honest  :-\

::)

tyrone girl

What u rolling your eyes about? It would turn me off a man whats wrong with saying that.

irunthev

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 18, 2011, 11:13:39 AM
A year till Sunday

The saddest ending of any movie I have ever seen :'(

Aside from that movie I never use to cry at movies then I had two kids and now just can't stop  :o

NZ movie In My Father's Den - heart breaking...

Watched In My Father's Den a few weeks back. Real good movie. It's a slow burner, but it is well paced all the same.

The kiwi's make good movies, just not enough of them.

"Once Were Warriors" has a few scenes in it that would bring a tear to the eye, especially when the young girl hangs herself because no one could see that she was being abused by her uncle. Tough stuff.

Tubberman

Quote from: tyrone girl on August 19, 2011, 11:15:56 AM
What u rolling your eyes about? It would turn me off a man whats wrong with saying that.

Turn your stomach doesn't mean turn you off.
Turn your stomach means make you feel sick.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

tyrone girl

Same difference to me. If me bf started crying tonite at some film we were watching it would turn me!! Turn my stomach or turn me off its all the same

muppet

Interesting, guys see puking and rejection as different things.

Venus and Mars and all that.
MWWSI 2017

HiMucker

Cant believe no one has mentioned the Lion King when Mustafa dies!!

I have to confess I cried watching cool runnings!  In my defense I was very fragile as I had been severlely hung over after a week on the sauce.  It was porbably my fifth time watching it, but in my fragile state when they had to carry the sled over the finish line and the crowd started to slow clap I was just about holding it together, then the da opens up his coat to reveal the Jamaica T shirt, tipped me over the edge.  I actually then busted out laughing at myself crying watching a film  :D

Canalman

As posted earlier not crying over movies type.

However I find the ending of that Gene Hackman school basketball film (has 2 names I think and I have forgotten both) pretty emotional.

Great film altogether.

Canalman

Best Shot/Hoosiers is the name.

boosabum

i remember crying watching the champ on TV when i was 5 or 6 but the in tems of crying at the cinema, it has to be watching saving private ryan in a multiplex in a shopping mall in the states. The amount of people crying uncontrollably and leaving the movie during the opening sequence was incredible. A lot of older poeple who i imagine could habe been in the war especially and loads of kids.

laoislad

Quote from: Tubberman on August 19, 2011, 11:37:39 AM
Quote from: tyrone girl on August 19, 2011, 11:15:56 AM

Turn your stomach doesn't mean turn you off.
Turn your stomach means make you feel sick.

Ye should watch 2Girls1Cup...now that would really turn your stomach/make you feel sick etc etc
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

leenie

bambi would b a tear jerker.....  (not for me hard as nails)
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

I cried during 'Just Like Heaven'. However, like HiMucker, I was badly hungover.
Testing Accessibility

Orangemac

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 19, 2011, 05:09:34 PM
The Green Mile & Cool Runnings.

If a movie makes you end up with tears coming from your eyes, it means that it has made an emotional connection with yourself, the viewer that is part of the audience. That's rarely a bad thing.
Exactly. Nothing wrong with a story bringing a tear to your eye but blubbering like a baby there is no excuse for.