Movies that make you cry

Started by Orangemac, August 18, 2011, 12:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

http://www.incentivetravel.co.uk/airportairline/2800-virgin-atlantic-introduces-emotional-health-warnings-on-inflight-movies-

Heard this discussed today. Haven't saw some of these movies but what movies have reduced anyone to tears?

Off the top of my head, The Champ, Stand By Me, Old Yeller, Big Fish and the opening sequence of Up (heart of stone if you didn't cry at this)

redhandloo

Tough times don't last, tough people do!

screenexile

Go away and shite crying at movies!!!

I've never cried at a movie but the missus will cry at feckin nappy ads on TV... watched Super 8 the other night and she fell apart on 2 separate occasions. I couldn't even begin to list the amount of films she has cried at!!!!

gawa316

Quote from: Orangemac on August 18, 2011, 12:15:25 AM
and the opening sequence of Up (heart of stone if you didn't cry at this)

thats the one right there and maybe Marley and Me

SLIGONIAN

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Forever Green

Have never really cried at a film. Only women do that ;)

One that brought me close though was when Julian goes to visit the injured Gary in Remember the Titans. Another one is when Ricky gets killed in Boyz n the Hood :(

randomtask

Marley and me, forest gump (when he meets his son)

ross4life

Quote from: Orangemac on August 18, 2011, 12:15:25 AM
http://www.incentivetravel.co.uk/airportairline/2800-virgin-atlantic-introduces-emotional-health-warnings-on-inflight-movies-

Heard this discussed today. Haven't saw some of these movies but what movies have reduced anyone to tears?

Off the top of my head, The Champ, Stand By Me, Old Yeller, Big Fish and the opening sequence of Up (heart of stone if you didn't cry at this)

Only seen two of those movies in the that list. I almost cried watching the 1986 transformers cartoon movie in the scene where Optimus Prime died.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

maggie

Beaches.
In the name of the father.
The Green Mile.
The Notebook.

irunthev

Quote from: randomtask on August 18, 2011, 01:20:03 AM
Marley and me, forest gump (when he meets his son)

We had to have our dog put down a few weeks back and those scenes from Marley and Me were so spot on. I've seen the film once..... I'll never watch it again.

Tony Baloney

Don't get nrico2006 started on this thread!

quit yo jibbajabba

driving miss daisy!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

id just been dumped, in my defence; couldnt tell you the first thing about the film,lol;

though someone i know ( :P) also says Beaches, also those Born Free films??

Tony Baloney

lynchbhoy

any movie where money or gold are destroyed...

paco

SPOILER

Seeing Apollo Creed dying in Rocky IV.