Brendan Lillis

Started by Nally Stand, August 04, 2011, 12:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 18, 2011, 10:07:50 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 18, 2011, 10:02:17 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on August 18, 2011, 09:55:52 PM
Yes minder. He didnt have a fused spine at all. He was just faking it all along. And he lay on his side without moving for months on end cos he was just faking it. Jaysus your contributions to this thread have been pathetic.

Was talking to my wife's uncle tonight (who has known him for years) and he said he looked worse before he was in jail. Go figure !

Right so let me get this straight, he was allegedly up to no good when he was free, yet his condition improved in jail to the extent that he couldnt move? How bad was he when he allegedly broke the law on the outside?! I suppose Allison Morris (and the doctor who accompanied her on her visit to the jail) were in on this mega scam too then when she wrote her report of his condition in the Irish News?

I'd agree with you on this one. The fact that he may offend again if he recovers sufficiently is not an issue for me. That is supposition but it seems his critical medical condition is a fact.
If the following is true,
"For anyone unaware of the story, the above photo is of former republican prisoner Brendan Lillis, who is currently in Maghaberry Prison. Lillis was sentenced to life in prison in 1977 on explosives charges but was released on licence in 1993. In 2009, he was arrested in relation to a separate charge. Around this time, he took sick with a severe bone debility illness and was deemed unfit to even stand trial for these charges. Despite this, his release licence from his 1977 life sentence was revoked on the basis of his alleged 2009 crime and he was thrown back in jail. Since then his condition has deteriorated drastically,"
I think his release is justified.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rois

Some craic on Radio Ulster this morning about this with Paul Maskey and Edwin Poots calling each other liars.

He's in the prisoner's part of the City Hospital though - has he actually been released from prison and cleared of charges or has he just been moved to the City Hospital?  My sis is a doctor there, and they get prisoners, maybe not regularly, but it's not unheard of as it's really only GP care you get in a prison. 

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

His partners just been on the Nolan show, spoke very well, they then brought Paul Girven (DUP) on and she wiped the floor with him!  ;D
Tbc....

HiMucker

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 19, 2011, 09:41:34 AM
His partners just been on the Nolan show, spoke very well, they then brought Paul Girven (DUP) on and she wiped the floor with him!  ;D
What did that muppet come out with?  He doesnt need much rope thats for sure!

Minder

Quote from: Rois on August 19, 2011, 09:23:05 AM
Some craic on Radio Ulster this morning about this with Paul Maskey and Edwin Poots calling each other liars.

He's in the prisoner's part of the City Hospital though - has he actually been released from prison and cleared of charges or has he just been moved to the City Hospital?  My sis is a doctor there, and they get prisoners, maybe not regularly, but it's not unheard of as it's really only GP care you get in a prison.

How can he be cleared of the charges when he hasn't stood trial? The charges are still "on the books" as far as I know.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tonto

Quote from: glens abu on August 18, 2011, 08:10:33 PM
Hope he now makes a full recovery
Hear, hear.  That way justice can be served when he's put on trial for his latest discrepancies and be sent back to where he clearly belongs.

stibhan

Quote from: Tonto on August 19, 2011, 03:02:16 PM
Hear, hear.  That way justice can be served when he's put on trial for his latest discrepancies and be sent back to where he clearly belongs.

Innocent before proven guilty?

Tonto

Quote from: stibhan on August 19, 2011, 03:26:12 PM
Quote from: Tonto on August 19, 2011, 03:02:16 PM

Innocent before proven guilty?
Indeed. ;)

The Iceman

Frig but yer man from the DUP should be getting into serious bother for those comments. His own PR people will be shaking there heads at his stupidity......
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Nally Stand

What was that he said iceman?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

The Iceman

No compassion should be shown for anyone basically who took up any "cause". Would not admit that the commission perhaps got their findings wrong a month ago when they decided not to let Brendan out on medical grounds.
All in all Nally I thought he came across as an amateur on the call and Lillis' partner out spoke him, the presenter tripped him up all over the place and I'm sure the DUP as an organisation will have to rethink their response to this.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Iceman

It's on iPlayer for anyone who want to listen to the first 10 mins or so.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007cpsh/episodes/player

Trout

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 04, 2011, 12:37:37 PM

For anyone unaware of the story, the above photo is of former republican prisoner Brendan Lillis, who is currently in Maghaberry Prison. Lillis was sentenced to life in prison in 1977 on explosives charges but was released on licence in 1993. In 2009, he was arrested in relation to a separate charge. Around this time, he took sick with a severe bone debility illness and was deemed unfit to even stand trial for these charges. Despite this, his release licence from his 1977 life sentence was revoked on the basis of his alleged 2009 crime and he was thrown back in jail. Since then his condition has deteriorated drastically.

Writting in yesterdays Irish News after a visit with Lillis, Irish News reporter Allison Morris remarked that "pictures have been released in recent weeks showing him in an emaciated state...the reality is much more shocking." She describes his current condition by saying:
- "From the waist down Lillis's legs are withered and wasted, his thighs and calves completely emanciated, like those of a long-term coma victim.'"
- He has the body mas index of a 10/12 year old boy
- He cannot hold down more than a few spoonfuls of creamed rice per day
- His eyesight is failing and he cannot cope with direct sunlight
- He has been unfit to be showered/bathed in over a year
- He has been lying in the same position in his bed for several months as he is in too much pain to move
- Due to the level of his pain when moving him, his bedsheets can only be changed infrequently and are often soiled in between times
- His stomach has swollen out with gas
- His spine has fused

Six county justice minister David Forde has today decided that Brenda Lillis should not be released on compassionate or humanitarian grounds as he still poses a threat to the public
and that he would have to serve the rest of his original life sentence at Maghaberry Prison. How can a man who cannot move, barely eat, barely speak and cannot even see direct sunlight, and who will likely die in prison, be a danger to the public?

Seems to have come on a pile form the photo above, hospital food must be good, maybe he has a set of dumbbells and has been working on his guns, no pun intended.

Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule