Kildare v Derry

Started by omagh_gael, July 17, 2011, 05:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squire_in_navy_slacks

free to kildare, free to kildare free to kildare.................................thats all i can hear on wireless.......................

RandyDupree

What a joke the championship has become!  >:( :'(

Blowitupref

Sounds comfortable for Kildare 16-12, Derry need a goal with about 10mins left.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

FT Kildare 0-19 Derry 0-13 impressive 2nd half performance from the Lilywhites fitness levels a telling factor. Dublin rematch in the QF?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

clubman

What a joke of a ref Kildare must love this man. Derry were awful in the second half but Syl's 5 pts in the first half for Kildare prob killed their confidence

BarryBreensBandage

Now that Down are out, I hope Kildare win it this year - they somewhat deserve it for their obvious hard work and dedication.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Lily4life

Great win for us today. Good performances all over the field, especially John Doyle.
100 points in the qualifiers and scoring in 50 consecutive championship matches, what a legend.
Kavanagh's back to his good form and it was great to see Rob Kelly doing well again.
Roll on the quarter final!

seafoid

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on July 23, 2011, 07:54:22 PM
Now that Down are out, I hope Kildare win it this year - they somewhat deserve it for their obvious hard work and dedication.
Me too. A Kildare win would be great for the game.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: seafoid on July 23, 2011, 08:48:49 PM
Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on July 23, 2011, 07:54:22 PM
Me too. A Kildare win would be great for the game.

What a pile of shite, so any of the other teams that are left don't work equally as hard ?

Kildare got a serious serious amount of frees today, fair play to them though they are in a quarter now........................id say they would fancy their chances now against dublin or mayo.................................................good 1/4 draw to get

fitzroyalty

Was a neutral at the game, Kildare probably marginally deserved it in the end, but by f**k it must be disheartening to be a Derry man this last fortnight!

Derry's goal looked legit to me from right under the Hogan, had it been allowed the result might have been different.

Syl Doyle must have had a sneaky tensheet on Kildare for he made Derry work for their frees whereas Kildare got plenty handed to them.

Derry ran out of steam in the end though and Kildare true to form finished the game flying. You can fairly notice the difference with no Bradleys about the place..

Farrandeelin

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 22, 2011, 10:00:23 AM
You can always spot a team on the rise by their numbers on here though :D For ages it was poor Dinny and the odd contribution from dellboy. Then DH joined up, and recently we've had a few new Kildare lads.

Based on precedent with Armagh and Tyrone, I predict an All Ireland in 2 years for Kildare, and 50 lilywhite posters on here.

So when are we going to win ours? :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Canalman

Only saw the 2nd half of this game. Comprehensive win by Kildare in the end. No team in Ireland could live with the loss of the 2 Bradleys and the defeat was always on the cards.
I'm afraid I have to say that the Derry support in CP today was abysmal. I saw only 4(four) Derry jerseys in the crowd/ on the way out. Team deserves better than that.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Canalman on July 23, 2011, 10:57:59 PM
Only saw the 2nd half of this game. Comprehensive win by Kildare in the end. No team in Ireland could live with the loss of the 2 Bradleys and the defeat was always on the cards.
I'm afraid I have to say that the Derry support in CP today was abysmal. I saw only 4(four) Derry jerseys in the crowd/ on the way out. Team deserves better than that.
Derry have always been poorly suppported. The county is like no other in Ireland. It is the most parochial county out there, all they talk about is South Derry V North Derry V City. Shouldnt play at Celtic Park because it is in the City blah blah blah. Moaning and fighting with each other rather than getting behind county team. When it comes to hurling its even worse, just look at what Derrys senior hurling manager had to put up with. Tell me this where else in Ireland would you not get one rep from the county hurling champs on county team. For those that dont know I am talking about Lavey.

Dinny Breen

Derry cleaned out Kildare in the air and Diver was the best midfielder on display and if he and Derry had just focused on football they could have had a different result maybe it was just their game plan to try and slow down the game.

Kildare have serious problems at midfield, Flynn isn't 100%  and Doyle just couldn't handle the physicality today at all. Won't be good enough for next week-end.

Just on the square ball the nearest umpire was fairly adamant and on the replays 1 replayed it looked legit and and on the other it looked like a square ball I'm sure Kevin McStay will clear it all up for us tomorrow.

We have momentum and we have players hitting form Kavanagh and Kelly were superb today, O'Connor is a handful for anyone and Mick Foley again was outstanding. Allied to belief it will be a good side that beats us next weekend if we get beat.
#newbridgeornowhere