tbrick18

Derry team named

Danny Devlin
SL McG   McCloy  McBride
McAlary   Kielt     Bateson
     Diver    Friel
Lynch  O'Boyle   Barry McG
Muldoon Skinner Gilligan

Barring Gerard O'Kane its probably the strongest team we have available.
Intersting to see how they are actually deployed on the day....looking forward to it now!

DoireGael

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 16, 2011, 09:46:40 PM
Derry team named

Danny Devlin
SL McG   McCloy  McBride
     Diver    Friel
Muldoon Skinner Gilligan

Intersting to see how they are actually deployed on the day....looking forward to it now!

I kow big Enda will probadly come back into roam the middle, but on paper thats about as strong a full forward line in Irlande. I am extremely worried about Derry at the middle of the park, very hot and cold. But ya never know. Doire by 3.

Who's for marking Jamie Clarke? SL McG - Not a man marker, but a solid footballer  McCloy - has a turning circle of a lorry  McBride - Gets the job done from what I see, nothing more nothing less.

imtommygunn

Quote from: DoireGael on June 16, 2011, 09:48:50 PM
I kow big Enda will probadly come back into roam the middle, but on paper thats about as strong a full forward line in Irlande

No harm to you (se) but it's not even close. Tyrone, Down, Armagh and Donegal have better FF lines and that's only in ulster.

What's up with Gerard O'Kane?

I fancy Derry to win this one as I think Armagh maybe won't be able to get as up for it as for the down game. I would however worry about who McCloy is going to mark - I don't think he has the ability to mark players of the calibre of McDonnel or Clarke.

tbrick18

Derry team named

Danny Devlin
SL McG   McCloy  McBride
     Diver    Friel
Muldoon Skinner Gilligan

I kow big Enda will probadly come back into roam the middle, but on paper thats about as strong a full forward line in Irlande. I am extremely worried about Derry at the middle of the park, very hot and cold. But ya never know. Doire by 3

Aye MF will be a problem for us but if we can break even there, I think we have the forwards to do damage. BUT....I think we wont break even and our full back line will have real trouble with Clarke and McDonnell. I wonder will Barry McG drop into defence as a sweeper.....or will he play in the forwards.

DoireGael

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 16, 2011, 09:54:30 PM
I kow big Enda will probadly come back into roam the middle, but on paper thats about as strong a full forward line in Irlande

No harm to you (se) but it's not even close. Tyrone, Down, Armagh and Donegal have better FF lines and that's only in ulster.

I fancy Derry to win this one as I think Armagh maybe won't be able to get as up for it as for the down game. I would however worry about who McCloy is going to mark - I don't think he has the ability to mark players of the calibre of McDonnel or Clarke.

Will see about that on Sunday.................................  ;) (Gilligans in the forms of his life, Skinner is Skinner) At the end of the day Downs full back line was as bad if not worse than Derrys. Donegal?lol

orchard 8195

ger o'kane is a massive miss for derry. still think muldoon will play up with mcgoldrick playing the role he played against fermanagh as an extra half back. they especially need to do this as that hb line is very inexperienced. that would leave gilligan playing as a hf. Think our forwards can def get more change outve that backline than Derrys forwards can get outve ours.

Bogball XV

took a bit of a knock in a recent league game I believe, that or maybe he didn't fancy it against Armagh after the beating he got at the boxing down in Forkhill last year.

Over The Last

McBride is derry's best man-marker so it's a given he will pick up J Clarke i think.
McCloy probably best suited to Padden when he plays in if he does at all. Armagh will try and pull McCloy out the field i reckon.
Ideally would have put Ger back on McDonnell.

Doubt Derry will be going gung-hoo approach as some protection must be given to the full back line against quality inside men.
M O'Rourke will have to be pressed tight and not given time to kick pass quality ball into the FF line like he did to great effect against Down.

Declan Mullan could be good to spring from the bench, searing pace to put armagh's half back line on the back foot right away.

Expect derry to put up a good fight but armagh's experience may see them through by two.....

imtommygunn

Quote from: DoireGael on June 16, 2011, 10:00:29 PM

Will see about that on Sunday.................................  ;) (Gilligans in the forms of his life, Skinner is Skinner) At the end of the day Downs full back line was as bad if not worse than Derrys. Donegal?lol

I like Gilligan as a player however he has never, in my view, performed at championship level. Muldoon is half the player he used to be. Skinner granted has great ability - if he stays on his feet.

Michael Murphy, Colm McFadden and no matter who else Donegal put there it is still better - in fact considerably so.

Nothing against Derry - I hope they win. However it is that kind of dilluded opinion that puts so much pressure on their managers!!

Sea The Stars

Derry team named

Danny Devlin
SL McG   McCloy  McBride
     Diver    Friel
Muldoon Skinner Gilligan

I kow big Enda will probadly come back into roam the middle, but on paper thats about as strong a full forward line in Irlande.

One of the most delusional comments a supporter has ever made. The best FF line in Ireland - is he for real?

Take a day off son.

mackers

Unchanged team.......we are an open book to the tactical genius that is John Brennan.....Derry by 7.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

HiMucker

Im getting off the fence! Derry to rampage in to the final!  :) Armaghs ulster championship to go up in flames just like their fuel laundering empire to the sound of the greatest GAA chant known to man: "Dery!.... Derry!..... Derry!...."  :D

leaveherinsir

Quote from: HiMucker on June 17, 2011, 10:40:35 AM
Im getting off the fence! Derry to rampage in to the final!  :) Armaghs ulster championship to go up in flames just like their fuel laundering empire to the sound of the greatest GAA chant known to man: "Dery!.... Derry!..... Derry!...."  :D
why cant we chant it right the first time mucker!! City boys!!!  ;D ;) ;D Doire Abu!!

sheamy

Quote from: mackers on June 17, 2011, 10:22:41 AM
Unchanged team.......we are an open book to the tactical genius that is John Brennan.....Derry by 7.

don't mess with brennan. He'll ate ya up lad and send you back on the 20 min journey home.