Death of a Kangaroo at Dublin Birthday party.

Started by The Real Laoislad, October 19, 2010, 06:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: laoislad on July 21, 2011, 11:07:27 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 20, 2011, 10:30:06 PM
Quote from: gallsman on July 20, 2011, 07:30:13 PM
That's your decision on what's good for it. If you're the world's best child opera singer, castration will lengthen your career. I very much doubt you'd want it.

You may be the first person in the world to attempt to argue that spaying/neutering is more cruel than allowing homeless cats to be born in appalling conditions with no means of support and unlikely to make it to their first birthday.

Would it not be better to just get rid of all cats everywhere?
I detest the little f**kers.

If we are doing that, can we get rid of flies too?

haveaharp

That's your decision on what's good for it. If you're the world's best child opera singer, castration will lengthen your career. I very much doubt you'd want it.

You may be the first person in the world to attempt to argue that spaying/neutering is more cruel than allowing homeless cats to be born in appalling conditions with no means of support and unlikely to make it to their first birthday.

Cats are like wasps, totally feckin pointless

HiMucker

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 20, 2011, 10:50:00 PM

so would you be in favour of castration for people who may be unfit to look after children adequately?
In the USA I read  about them trying to pass some bill that offered crack addicts money inturn for being made sterile.  I think this only applied to females.  Interesting debate though

Bogball XV

Quote from: haveaharp on July 21, 2011, 11:23:16 AM

no sting in the tail all the same

haveaharp

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 21, 2011, 11:53:24 AM

I once read a book about Cats by Claud Bawls - some great tips on how to keep them out of your garden etc.

Bogball XV

Quote from: haveaharp on July 21, 2011, 11:56:00 AM

I once read a book about Cats by Claud Bawls - some great tips on how to keep them out of your garden etc.
best advice from the book then? 

haveaharp

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 21, 2011, 11:57:43 AM
Quote from: haveaharp on July 21, 2011, 11:56:00 AM

Buy a cat

Bogball XV

Quote from: haveaharp on July 21, 2011, 12:00:08 PMI once read a book about Cats by Claud Bawls - some great tips on how to keep them out of your garden etc.
[/quote]

Buy a cat
[/quote]

Neutered or not?

Hardy

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 21, 2011, 03:14:38 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 20, 2011, 06:25:50 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 20, 2011, 01:38:10 PM
Quote from: gallsman on July 20, 2011, 09:53:27 AM
I'm sure they're delighted not to have their bollocks any more.  Neutering and spaying are about human convenience.
Neutering does have some benefits for cats though, especially tom cats as it means they are less likely to pick up infections from cuts and scrapes as well as getting into fights with other cats much less frequently. The only thing is to be careful not to overfeed them afterwards, as they don't tend to run around as much though they will still hunt for mice and birds.

It also reduces the sizes of colonies.  Contrary to popular belief, domestic cats usually can't fend for themselves when left out alone, especially in urban environments.  And when they're spayed they tend to wander less, they tend to stick closer to what food sources they do have and are less likely to get run over as a result.

There is a difference between humans and many other animals, including cats, in reproduction

You've never been to Passage West?

Eamonnca1

What's the point of you? Are you worth keeping around?

haveaharp

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 21, 2011, 06:41:32 PM

What's the point of you? Are you worth keeping around?

Is it the cats or the wasps that has you annoyed

Eamonnca1

I'm not annoyed at all. Some people are into cats, some people aren't. Some people are into dogs, some people aren't.  Personally I can't stand dogs but I'm not going to be cruel to them or suggest that we get rid of them all.

Puckoon

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 21, 2011, 07:05:36 PM
I'm not annoyed at all. Some people are into cats, some people aren't. Some people are into dogs, some people aren't.  Personally I can't stand dogs but I'm not going to be cruel to them or suggest that we get rid of them all.

That's because they are dogs. People will rightfully be upset with you. Cats on the otherhand are fair game.

thebigfella

Quote from: Puckoon on July 21, 2011, 07:06:40 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 21, 2011, 07:05:36 PM

That's because they are dogs. People will rightfully be upset with you. Cats on the otherhand are fair game.

Cats are vermin, shoot on site I say.

Hardy