Death of a Kangaroo at Dublin Birthday party.

Started by The Real Laoislad, October 19, 2010, 06:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: laoislad on July 19, 2011, 01:16:13 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 19, 2011, 12:18:37 AM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on October 20, 2010, 10:42:24 AM
I want to hear how many of the morally outraged on this thread are actively pursuing animal welfare, either by direct action or significant charitable donation.

I take part in Trap-Neuter-Release programs for local feral cats. There, happy now?
When I get tired of trying to hit cyclists with the wing mirror of the van I try to run over as many cats as I can. Its a real bonus if you can hit a cyclist and run over a cat in the same go.

Nice try. I'm not biting.  ;)

The Worker

anyone know where the kangaroo is buried?

gallsman

Quote from: whiskeysteve on October 20, 2010, 10:42:24 AM
I want to hear how many of the morally outraged on this thread are actively pursuing animal welfare, either by direct action or significant charitable donation.

I take part in Trap-Neuter-Release programs for local feral cats. There, happy now?

I'm sure the cats love that,

Eamonnca1

Quote from: gallsman on July 19, 2011, 11:31:31 PM

They don't talk to me for a while afterwards because it's a bit unsettling for them to be trapped and whisked away like that, but  after they're released into their familiar surroundings again they settle down and they're fine.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 20, 2011, 12:07:00 AM

They don't talk to me for a while afterwards because it's a bit unsettling for them to be trapped and whisked away like that, but  after they're released into their familiar surroundings again they settle down and they're fine.

Reported!

gallsman

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 20, 2011, 12:07:00 AM

I'm sure they're delighted not to have their bollocks any more.  Neutering and spaying are about human convenience.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 20, 2011, 01:38:10 PM
Quote from: gallsman on July 20, 2011, 09:53:27 AM
I'm sure they're delighted not to have their bollocks any more.  Neutering and spaying are about human convenience.
Neutering does have some benefits for cats though, especially tom cats as it means they are less likely to pick up infections from cuts and scrapes as well as getting into fights with other cats much less frequently. The only thing is to be careful not to overfeed them afterwards, as they don't tend to run around as much though they will still hunt for mice and birds.

It also reduces the sizes of colonies.  Contrary to popular belief, domestic cats usually can't fend for themselves when left out alone, especially in urban environments.  And when they're spayed they tend to wander less, they tend to stick closer to what food sources they do have and are less likely to get run over as a result.

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 20, 2011, 06:25:50 PM
Neutering does have some benefits for cats though, especially tom cats as it means they are less likely to pick up infections from cuts and scrapes as well as getting into fights with other cats much less frequently. The only thing is to be careful not to overfeed them afterwards, as they don't tend to run around as much though they will still hunt for mice and birds.

It also reduces the sizes of colonies.  Contrary to popular belief, domestic cats usually can't fend for themselves when left out alone, especially in urban environments.  And when they're spayed they tend to wander less, they tend to stick closer to what food sources they do have and are less likely to get run over as a result.

Pussies.

gallsman

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 20, 2011, 06:25:50 PM

That's your decision on what's good for it. If you're the world's best child opera singer, castration will lengthen your career. I very much doubt you'd want it.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: gallsman on July 20, 2011, 07:30:13 PM
That's your decision on what's good for it. If you're the world's best child opera singer, castration will lengthen your career. I very much doubt you'd want it.

You may be the first person in the world to attempt to argue that spaying/neutering is more cruel than allowing homeless cats to be born in appalling conditions with no means of support and unlikely to make it to their first birthday.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 20, 2011, 10:30:06 PM

You may be the first person in the world to attempt to argue that spaying/neutering is more cruel than allowing homeless cats to be born in appalling conditions with no means of support and unlikely to make it to their first birthday.
so would you be in favour of castration for people who may be unfit to look after children adequately?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 20, 2011, 10:50:00 PM
so would you be in favour of castration for people who may be unfit to look after children adequately?

Jesus Christ!  ::)

haveaharp

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 19, 2011, 02:53:30 PM
I do feel sorry for the kangaroo in Dublin - but imagine being a badger in England? I've seen quite a few badgers in nightclubs over here but i think this is a bit drastic.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/8647380/Black-day-for-badgers-as-government-to-announce-cull.html

Difficult one - these things are never black and white.

laoislad

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 20, 2011, 10:30:06 PM

Would it not be better to just get rid of all cats everywhere?
I detest the little f**kers.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.