Death of a Kangaroo at Dublin Birthday party.

Started by The Real Laoislad, October 19, 2010, 06:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Just seen the youtube clip and nearly threw up. Looks like it's not a hoax after all. I'll never use the word "animal" as an insult again, to do so in this case would be an insult to the animal kingdom. I'm just as sick at some of the comments on this thread, some of which I've reported to the moderators.  Absolutely f**king sickening.

AFS

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 19, 2011, 12:26:10 AM
I'm just as sick at some of the comments on this thread, some of which I've reported to the moderators.

I'm with you. Comments like this:
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 18, 2011, 09:50:47 PM
Are you saying Kangaroos are stupid? What a horrible thing to say!  >:(
just shouldn't be tolerated by the mods.

ONeill

In other news:

Bloodhound Trained to Become Wine Taster

July 12th, 2011
A 7 year old bloodhound named Louisa Belle has been trained by her wine-manufacturing owners to detect if a batch of plonk has been spoiled. She doesn't do the usual swilling and spitting of a wine taster, however, and needs just a quick whiff to do her job.

With a sniff of a barrel or cork, she can relay extremely useful information which saves the wine-label a fortune. Owners Michelle Edwards and Daniel Fischl, from Melbourne, Australia, say that she can even smell through a glass bottle.

The nose of a bloodhound is 2000 times more sensitive than a human's and they have the best sense of smell out of all dog breeds. They have long been used in hunting and police work as they can pick up a scent more than 300 hours old.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Even better - bring a tear to yer eye:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRU_lEqus5o&feature=related

This daring rescue too place in Dublin's city center on a beautiful July evening. Let me tell you the story of what happed.
A well known and liked homeless man who has fallen upon hard times keeps two pets a small Jack Russell Terrier and a rabbit. They are his companions and rarely leave his side. On this particular evening a young man of 18 decides to commit a horrible act of animal cruelty by stealing the rabbit and tossing in into the river Liffey. The homeless man leaps to the rescue of his beloved pet and braves the tidal river. Miraculously he manages to save the rabbit from drowning but in the process becomes stranded below the bridge. Freezing cold and unable to reach the bank the awaits his own rescue by the Dublin fire brigade.

Half way through the rescue the man is seen scuffling with the rescue team this was down to the fact they were taking him away from the bridge where his dog was waiting.

Reports after the event claim the person responsible for throwing the rabbit into the river was arrested on charges of public disorder and animal cruelty. he is due in court July 21st to face the charges. The homeless man and his pets are fine and can still be seen begging on the streets of Dublin.

The rabbit's name is Bernie and the man's John.

UPDATE: Tuesday July 12th at 11.45am ARAN will be giving this man an award for his compassion and bravery.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on July 19, 2011, 01:01:57 AM
In other news:

Bloodhound Trained to Become Wine Taster

July 12th, 2011
A 7 year old bloodhound named Louisa Belle has been trained by her wine-manufacturing owners to detect if a batch of plonk has been spoiled. She doesn't do the usual swilling and spitting of a wine taster, however, and needs just a quick whiff to do her job.

With a sniff of a barrel or cork, she can relay extremely useful information which saves the wine-label a fortune. Owners Michelle Edwards and Daniel Fischl, from Melbourne, Australia, say that she can even smell through a glass bottle.

The nose of a bloodhound is 2000 times more sensitive than a human's and they have the best sense of smell out of all dog breeds. They have long been used in hunting and police work as they can pick up a scent more than 300 hours old.

http://youtu.be/80NTVe6oihY
Testing Accessibility

Bogball XV

Quote from: Hardy on July 18, 2011, 11:20:18 AM
He's jumping to conclusions?
Ffs can you not treat this matter with the gravitas it deserves.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 18, 2011, 09:47:42 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 18, 2011, 09:34:43 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 18, 2011, 09:30:45 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 18, 2011, 06:49:21 PM
Right and what did they find?

Shamrock Shore also mentioned the animal being forced drink and drugs.

Very easy to say these things to make people more horrified.

A man danced with a kangaroo.

You say that like it's no big deal if it were true. It wasn't a f***ing dog, it was a kangaroo.

I'm no animal lover but what difference would it make if it had been a Dog? Would it have been ok in your book then?

Dogs can be trained to do a lot of things.  You can train a dog to the point where you could dance with it and not cause it any undue stress, it'll think it's just another game in that situation. I've seen it done.
How do you know the training isn't stressful, when I played ball I used to f**king hate the training.  The poor dog could be lying there all night quivering in fear that he wouldn't be able to meet his owner's expectations the next day, worried that maybe he wouldn't reproduce his form of the previous day - who knows?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 19, 2011, 12:18:37 AM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on October 20, 2010, 10:42:24 AM
I want to hear how many of the morally outraged on this thread are actively pursuing animal welfare, either by direct action or significant charitable donation.

I take part in Trap-Neuter-Release programs for local feral cats. There, happy now?

What about the cat in your avatar, is it feral enough? :P

laoislad

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 19, 2011, 12:18:37 AM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on October 20, 2010, 10:42:24 AM
I want to hear how many of the morally outraged on this thread are actively pursuing animal welfare, either by direct action or significant charitable donation.

I take part in Trap-Neuter-Release programs for local feral cats. There, happy now?
When I get tired of trying to hit cyclists with the wing mirror of the van I try to run over as many cats as I can. Its a real bonus if you can hit a cyclist and run over a cat in the same go.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Hardy

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 19, 2011, 12:54:14 PM

Not since I used to be Gravitas The Fiddler.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Hardy on July 19, 2011, 02:33:37 PM

you were once a man of the cloth?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 19, 2011, 02:37:44 PM

The dishcloth maybe.

Hardy

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 19, 2011, 02:37:44 PM

No ... and I never wallabee.

BennyHarp

I do feel sorry for the kangaroo in Dublin - but imagine being a badger in England? I've seen quite a few badgers in nightclubs over here but i think this is a bit drastic.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/8647380/Black-day-for-badgers-as-government-to-announce-cull.html
That was never a square ball!!