The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 20, 2021, 04:24:16 PM
Just heard how petty Trump is not sending Air Force one oo collect Biden for the inauguration.  Is this Fake News?

Absolutely not fake news, it was reported by the NY Times.

Cunny Funt

And there marks the official end of Trump as president. Thank fcuk.

J70

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 20, 2021, 04:49:54 PM
And there marks the official end of Trump as president. Thank fcuk.

I remember with Obama, it was elation.

Now... just relief.

But, that will do nicely! :)

Main Street

They should have got Arlo Guthrie or/and Bruce for This Land is Your Land.

That's a wrap now, should Joe kick the bucket, Kamala takes over.

omochain

Now that Trump is officially gone. Let's hope the US can move on from this time of carnage to one where we can rebuild our economy and our faith in sane Government.  How long will it take before the Trump rump of the Republican Party mobilize full out demonization of President Biden and his efforts to unite the country. My guess is that the honeymoon will be short.

Rossfan

Thank God and the 80m voters that hape o' sh1te is gone from the White House.
Did Gmac's and whitey's mates get up to any insurrections or putschs today?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Poet Amanda Gorman,  yet another good irish family name.

Imagine where the American Irish would be now in the US, had the average age of life in the 19C  for the irish immigrant after arrival, been longer than 6 years.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 20, 2021, 04:24:16 PM
Just heard how petty Trump is not sending Air Force one oo collect Biden for the inauguration.  Is this Fake News?

Biden wanted to take Amtrak but couldn't because of security concerns. The RWNJs couldn't be trusted to leave the railway alone.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Main Street on January 20, 2021, 05:30:42 PM
Poet Amanda Gorman,  yet another good irish family name.

Imagine where the American Irish would be now in the US, had the average age of life in the 19C  for the irish immigrant after arrival, been longer than 6 years.

She probably has an Irish name as her ancestors were given the owner's name.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: omochain on January 20, 2021, 05:14:20 PM
Now that Trump is officially gone. Let's hope the US can move on from this time of carnage to one where we can rebuild our economy and our faith in sane Government.  How long will it take before the Trump rump of the Republican Party mobilize full out demonization of President Biden and his efforts to unite the country. My guess is that the honeymoon will be short.

I agree. And the RWNJs just got their asses handed to them. They're still retreating deep into their echo chambers and becoming increasingly deranged and detached from reality. While today is a good day and a time to celebrate, it's not a time to let our guard down. The hateful ideology that allowed Trump to seize power has not gone away, you know. The RWNJs will regroup, and their next leader will not be as stupid or incompetent as Trump. I think they just got a lot more dangerous.

In other news, this is the day when Republicans traditionally flip the switch and revert to being deficit hawks. Stand by for a load of hand-wringing about the size of the debt and the deficit from the people who have worked hardest to increase it.

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 20, 2021, 06:36:56 PM

I agree. And the RWNJs just got their asses handed to them. They're still retreating deep into their echo chambers and becoming increasingly deranged and detached from reality. While today is a good day and a time to celebrate, it's not a time to let our guard down. The hateful ideology that allowed Trump to seize power has not gone away, you know. The RWNJs will regroup, and their next leader will not be as stupid or incompetent as Trump. I think they just got a lot more dangerous.

In other news, this is the day when Republicans traditionally flip the switch and revert to being deficit hawks. Stand by for a load of hand-wringing about the size of the debt and the deficit from the people who have worked hardest to increase it.

Fiscal cliff 2.0 time!

whitey

Quote from: Rossfan on January 20, 2021, 05:25:29 PM
Thank God and the 80m voters that hape o' sh1te is gone from the White House.
Did Gmac's and whitey's mates get up to any insurrections or putschs today?

I think I may be a victim of mistaken identity

I don't think I ever ONCE questioned the legitimacy of President Biden's victory.

Do I think there was some shenanigans around the margins?  Absolutely.

But was it enough to reverse the outcome? Not a hope

whitey

LOL

I was talking to someone today who is going to get their gun permit on Friday before Biden "bans guns"

The economy is going to do great for the next 2-3 years but afterwards who knows. Since the pandemic began, Americans have added close to $1.5 T to their savings accounts. Add in $2T in stimulus and a very robust stock and real estate market.....I think Joe is teed up to do very well

LeoMc

Quote from: whitey on January 20, 2021, 07:14:56 PM

LOL

I was talking to someone today who is going to get their gun permit on Friday before Biden "bans guns"

The economy is going to do great for the next 2-3 years but afterwards who knows. Since the pandemic began, Americans have added close to $1.5 T to their savings accounts. Add in $2T in stimulus and a very robust stock and real estate market.....I think Joe is teed up to do very well
Typically the gains and falls in the US economy during the first 18m of a Presidency are ascribed to the performance of the previous POTUS.
I think Trump told so many lies that he could never be credited for any actual economic good he achieved.

Gmac

Quote from: LeoMc on January 20, 2021, 07:45:32 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 20, 2021, 07:14:56 PM

LOL

Typically the gains and falls in the US economy during the first 18m of a Presidency are ascribed to the performance of the previous POTUS.
I think Trump told so many lies that he could never be credited for any actual economic good he achieved.
we already know how this goes if it's good it's Biden if it's bad it's trump .
For something like the unemployment rate Did you think that trump was calculating it himself and just said whatever suited him ?