Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: OgraAnDun on January 19, 2021, 07:10:24 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 19, 2021, 06:17:20 PM
Quote from: Gmac on January 19, 2021, 06:02:37 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 19, 2021, 05:55:27 PM
Quote from: Gmac on January 19, 2021, 05:40:57 PM
Quote from: omochain on January 19, 2021, 05:00:04 PM
Just 24 hours to go until we can start digging ourselves out of this hate filled sh1t show. Hopefully we can start defusing the hate, the fear, the lies and racism that have been visited on us by Trump, the Republican Party and the Murdochs. It is not going to be easy.
lemonhead on cnn calling 74m people kkk members is not hate speech I guess

What did he really say?
tomorrow could be a shit show will joe be able to repeat the lines when getting sworn in , saw a video of him over the weekend and he has the frightened look on his face not a good sign .
The good news for all the progressives is he is ticking all the boxes with a very diversified group coming into government especially his assistant secretary of health .

Anyone want to make a wager as to whether Joe completes his 4 year term?

The Democrats played this like pros......Joe was the most electable of the main stream Democrats. Now he's in place let's unleash the  agendas of the more extreme unelectable candidates

If reports are correct-on day 1:

amnesty for undocumented  (which I'm for BTW)

End of KeystonePipeline

Recommit to Paris Climate agreement and Iran Nuke Deal

I guess with a complicit media he was able to hide out in his basement for 12 months and never get seriously questioned about what his plans were

Is this actually what's considered radical to Conservatives these days? Anyone on the right who thinks those policies are extreme really needs to look at how far to the right they've drifted for the centre to seem far away...

Elections are decided by swing voters

After living here for close to three decades I'll go out on a limb and say the majority of swing voters would NOT  be in favor of these policy positions

OgraAnDun

I see they interviewed you for Channel 4 news tonight whitey...

https://youtu.be/GiEuVW8dEiM

whitey

Quote from: OgraAnDun on January 19, 2021, 08:22:01 PM
I see they interviewed you for Channel 4 news tonight whitey...

https://youtu.be/GiEuVW8dEiM

And therein lies the problem with American politics

Agree with us on everything or we'll paint you as the most extreme manisfeatation of the opposition party

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on January 19, 2021, 06:25:31 PM
What time are the pardons coming out at? :)
When the bank transfers have been completed.

Like the Medici Pope  Leo X,  sins for cash.
I see some (according to rumour) have balked at the going prices and haven't made the list.

seafoid

Biden is a neoliberal . He won't change anything.
Sure he's better than Trump but the US needs more than plasters.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on January 19, 2021, 10:16:22 PM
Biden is a neoliberal . He won't change anything.
Sure he's better than Trump but the US needs more than plasters.

The biggest problem is the total mess Trump has left behind and will take American the best part of a decade to recover.

moysider

Apparently Trump has pardoned Pat McEnaney before Biden takes office.

Gabriel_Hurl

Pardoning the guy who defrauded his own supporters. A perfect ending to the Trump Presidency.

johnnycool

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 20, 2021, 04:04:38 AM
Pardoning the guy who defrauded his own supporters. A perfect ending to the Trump Presidency.
I've said this on here before but what allegedly civilised democracy allows this pardoning fiasco irrespective if its Trump, Obama or whoever.

The message they send out is that you can be as big a charlatan as you like and the Presidente can then pardon you certainly will allow corruption to carry on unabated.

Main Street

All Republicans can take heart that although their great leader Trump has departed, Q remains with Q level clearance and will carry on fighting the good fight against all the Satan-worshipping paedophiles in government.

Main Street

Hard to say what was Trump's most humiliating event, such is the sheer volume of contenders in the 4 year cluster. I'd say top of the pile  has to be getting dumped by Deutche Bank, that's akin to the country's most notorious crack cocaine drug dealer refusing to ply his trade with you because you'd lower his moral tone.

J70

This morning has to be up there.

He's so f**king petty and narcissistic that he can't even depart with a modicum of grace and dignity.  Trump got the traditional handover from Obama after Trump himself had launched his political career with racist and baseless conspiracy theory personal attacks on Obama. But Trump is so personally pathetic and weak that he can't man up and do the same.

And there's barely a Republican in sight as Trump leaves the White House. Its not even clear, at this point, that Pence is going to show up.

Douglas Brinkley just said on CNN that Trump is "the bottom of the barrel" when it comes to presidents. About sums up how he is going to be viewed historically. Down there with Buchanan and Pierce.

whitey

Quote from: Main Street on January 20, 2021, 09:59:31 AM
Hard to say what was Trump's most humiliating event, such is the sheer volume of contenders in the 4 year cluster. I'd say top of the pile  has to be getting dumped by Deutche Bank, that's akin to the country's most notorious crack cocaine drug dealer refusing to ply his trade with you becasue you'd lower his moral tone.

I would say the Four Seasons landscaping debacle wins the prize, followed by "Sharpiegate", followed by the time he had cello taped the back of his tie

Denn Forever

Just heard how petty Trump is not sending Air Force one oo collect Biden for the inauguration.  Is this Fake News?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Main Street

This inaugeration of Biden is auspicious, it has to be Mayo to bring home Sam during Biden's term.