Munster Club Championships 2017

Started by Ball Hopper, September 18, 2017, 07:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 26, 2017, 08:12:33 PM
Crokes very cynical. Continuously pulling down players. There were a few nasty incidents in the second half from both teams with Crokes being the main culprits. Gooch got a free near the end for barging straight into a player. Gooch did his best to referee the game, but in fairness the Referee did not listen much to his guff.

An Gaeltacht win the Intermediate Championship. Easy for them given they really play in a Senior B Championship in Kerry. They will more than likely hockey their way to an AI title!

Fair play to referee , he wan't intimidated by Crokes sideline antics trying to influence match officials. A selector running onto pitch at half time to confront referee as well as sideline jumping up and down at every decision. Nemo should have scored at least 3 goals only for excellent saves by Shane Murphy.

From the Bunker

An Ghaeltacht (Kerry) 3-21
St Senan's (Limerick) 0-8

Is the above scoreline a disgrace? I'm sure St Senan's are a decent intermediate Club. To be shamed in such a way by what is essentially a Senior Kerry team playing in an intermediate competition is just wrong.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 26, 2017, 11:42:38 PM

Is the above scoreline a disgrace? I'm sure St Senan's are a decent intermediate Club. To be shamed in such a way by what is essentially a Senior Kerry team playing in an intermediate competition is just wrong.

Glaveys will put manners on them, Bunker.

Il Bomber Destro

Crokes are the most cynical side I've seen in a long, long time but as they are from Kerry it's glossed over.

They got away with murder against Corofin and Slaughtneil last year with their incessant fouling from the front.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 26, 2017, 11:59:28 PM
Crokes are the most cynical side I've seen in a long, long time but as they are from Kerry it's glossed over.

They got away with murder against Corofin and Slaughtneil last year with their incessant fouling from the front.

Yes, the media were so caught up in ''The Gooch" getting his illustrious AI Club medal that they ignored the methods to attain it.

Gael85

Senans would have a decent team. They have Ian Ryan  and Conor Mullane would have played with Limerick.How many clubs in Limerick senior championship?Kerry should have at least 12-16 senior clubs. They will continue to win intermediate/junior championship with the current format.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 26, 2017, 08:12:33 PM
An Gaeltacht win the Intermediate Championship. Easy for them given they really play in a Senior B Championship in Kerry. They will more than likely hockey their way to an AI title!

They will get nothing easy against Moy next.

Gael85

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 26, 2017, 11:59:28 PM

The yerra brigade do a great job deflecting kerry cynical tactics

Jeremiah O

If you have a reputation for being an early riser,you can lie in bed till dinner time.
Unconquered and unconquerable

Farrandeelin

Would you ever give up about this. You weren't going on about it when Westport beat Kenmare in this year's final. The only way other counties can compete is if they change their own formats.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 27, 2017, 09:28:12 AM

Would you ever give up about this. You weren't going on about it when Westport beat Kenmare in this year's final. The only way other counties can compete is if they change their own formats.

Offaly changed last year too. 8 teams in Senior 'A' - clubs enter the LSCFC, 8 in Senior 'B' - clubs enter the LICFC, and intermediate champions enter the LJFCF. Didn't help us this year mind you. Our Junior representatives reached the leinster final, but the other two were beaten early.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 27, 2017, 09:28:12 AM

It was in the semi-final they beat them. Of course I was not going on about it. Westport came from an Intermediate Championship where there was 16 Senior teams above them. There is a simple solution. The Kerry Junior champions enter the AI intermediate Championship and the Novice winners should enter the Junior AI Championship.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Why is this stupid sh*te moaning about the Kerry system rearing its head again?

From the Bunker, you run your county's championships whatever way you want and we'll sort our own out. Thanks. Telling us how many teams we should have in our Senior championship, did you ever hear such nonsense!

Anyway, fair play to Nemo, I got it wrong yesterday and they just ground down Crokes and outfought them. Connolly was the classiest player on view, not Gooch, O'Leary or any of the Crokes forwards. They couldn't handle him and it says a lot when Crokes supposed County-level defender was not trusted to go on him when he was running amok. Nemo really are an admirable club. Even with teams that you think mightn't have the talent of others, they nearly always perform when it matters and give nothing easy. The injury to Kerrigan (looks like ACL unfortunately) means they probably won't get an All Ireland but they'll still make it hard for Slaughneil I guarantee.

An Gaeltacht had the expected easy win over Senans in the Intermediate final. Anybody thinking this result makes some point or is unusual, hasn't a clue. The semi-final was the real final. A game in which Gaeltacht and Mallow had a good even battle until Gaeltacht pulled away in the last quarter. A hammering of the Limerick Intermediate champions, will all due respect, proves nothing. Look at the Nemo v Adare result in the senior championship - does that prove something?

Gaeltacht v Moy should be tasty!
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

From the Bunker

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on November 27, 2017, 04:51:51 PM
Why is this stupid sh*te moaning about the Kerry system rearing its head again?

From the Bunker, you run your county's championships whatever way you want and we'll sort our own out. Thanks. Telling us how many teams we should have in our Senior championship, did you ever hear such nonsense!

Anyway, fair play to Nemo, I got it wrong yesterday and they just ground down Crokes and outfought them. Connolly was the classiest player on view, not Gooch, O'Leary or any of the Crokes forwards. They couldn't handle him and it says a lot when Crokes supposed County-level defender was not trusted to go on him when he was running amok. Nemo really are an admirable club. Even with teams that you think mightn't have the talent of others, they nearly always perform when it matters and give nothing easy. The injury to Kerrigan (looks like ACL unfortunately) means they probably won't get an All Ireland but they'll still make it hard for Slaughneil I guarantee.

An Gaeltacht had the expected easy win over Senans in the Intermediate final. Anybody thinking this result makes some point or is unusual, hasn't a clue. The semi-final was the real final. A game in which Gaeltacht and Mallow had a good even battle until Gaeltacht pulled away in the last quarter. A hammering of the Limerick Intermediate champions, will all due respect, proves nothing. Look at the Nemo v Adare result in the senior championship - does that prove something?

Gaeltacht v Moy should be tasty!

The reality is that Kerry have been using a skewed Championship format to win Provincial and All Ireland titles. This is not nonsense. The hammering that the Limerick Intermediate champions got proves everything. The Biggest Joke is An Gaeltacht finished 2nd to Crokes in the Kerry Senior League http://www.kerrygaa.ie/league/114344/

Syferus

They're well used to rigging systems in Kerry.