Started by tyroneman, February 06, 2011, 10:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Derry lead 1-7 to 0-5 at half time.

jodyb

1 07 to 0 05 half time . Tyrone kickin a lot of wides

Midlands Man

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Enda McGinley missed 1-on-1 with keeper right at start, Derry went right down the pitch and SL McGoldrick stuck it in bottom left corner, Curran glued to the spot. Half forward line doing well for Tyrone, Brian McGuigan running the show but just kicking too many wides. Duffy is fierce on the whistle as usual as well with 3/4 mid-fielders booked early. McCaul and Ricey scored two good points. McCarron getting roasted by Bradley though. High ball very dangerous.

Tyrone need to come out strong else that goal will stay the difference.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Midlands Man

You can say wat u want about Bradley lads and id be the first to say hes a pr..k but hes still a some footballer...

jodyb

For Derry Bradley scored 2 sl mc goldrick 1 01 ciaran mc goodrick  1 pj mc closkey 1 and c Gilligan 1

jodyb

Tyrone comin back well only a point in it

jodyb

Emmet mc guckin in for Declan mullan scored two to put three between them again

jodyb

Derry just hang on . 1 11 to 0 13 ft

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Derry 1-11 Tyrone 0-13

Tyrone seemed to kick a lot of wides in the second half in particular. How many league games did Tyrone lose by a point last season? Not a good habit to get into.

Midlands Man

Fair play to Derry.. Who was MOTM lads , wat Bradley finish up with

jodyb

Think he only got the two in the finish up. As for motm hard to judge from commentary. Mc cloy seemed to keep o neill very quiet but hard to know how fit o neill is

Fuzzman

Can someone give us the Tyrone scorers? Who kicked all the wides?
Is there highlights/lowlights on later?
If Paddy B gets good ball into him and he's not double marked then not much anyone can do on him.
I'll have to think of an excuse not to meet LynchBoy. 

Rois

Stevie had a better second half but should have equalised, McGuigan was in fine (if mouthy) form and Penrose did well too. Niall McKenna had a couple of amazing fetches in midfield when he came on, really brightened up the Tyrone side and a big plus point of this game.
Ricey did some trojan work and Enda looked lively. I know we lost, but it wasn't all bad.

Club Rossa

Decent game today and one i feel that Tyrone should have won.Derry were more clinical up front and they hit some cracking scores.Emmet McGuckian was very good when introduced and kicked a couple of mighty scores.

Tyrone hit some brutal wides and spurned a couple of great goal chances.The plusses for me were the performance of Brian McGuigan and Niall McKenna.It was a hugely improved performance from the debacle in Celtic park last year but ultimately with the same result.